• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone really think this is better? (Bank deco)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is West Britain bank on Pacific.

Enhanced client

Classic client

I think the deco here has just gone way too far. It was much better before. It shouldn't have been taken so extreme with the deco.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Does anyone really think this is better?

There are to few people on either side of the fence for them to make up there minds. Dead weight carrying dead weight.

Any poll run here is bias to those that UHall and waste valuable game time trying to have a voice.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Red stage is a bit big!

N

nynyve

I see the Tiki bar is open for business.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

If you want to debate the CC vs EC I am tired of doing that.

I know some folk cling to the old ways but I've moved on.

Yes I agree some of it is Garish... however for functionality you can not beat the EC with Pinco's UI.

So I give.

As for that I agree that is a BIG red Stage! However be thankful yours is well decorated... I certainly wouldn't complain too much.

N

nynyve

BTW if the npcs can make all those items of furniture--why can't our crafters?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Enhanced client

Classic client

I think the deco here has just gone way too far. It was much better before. It shouldn't have been taken so extreme with the deco.
By before, do you mean the original undecorated WBB or do you mean the first Pacific Deco contest design?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The WBB in Catskills isn't quite that bad but still way over the top..

I mean, did we really need a forge there? The blacksmith is only 4 blocks up the street.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey at least you all got a moongate there! They took our passage to the Moongate away... *scowls*...

Also Ludes someone was probably thinking on your shard... that if there was a smithy area at the bank perhaps then someone might come back to Brit Bank for Banksitting. But it's not likely to happen. Unless they blow up Luna...

*dares to dream*

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Enhanced client

Classic client

Hmm, I don't think it's too bad. But to each their own. However I noticed the top picture actually shows grass and a small pond whereas the bottom one doesn't. What's going on with that?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey at least you all got a moongate there! They took our passage to the Moongate away... *scowls*...

Also Ludes someone was probably thinking on your shard... that if there was a smithy area at the bank perhaps then someone might come back to Brit Bank for Banksitting. But it's not likely to happen. Unless they blow up Luna...

*dares to dream*
I also dare to dream of a day when smiths would work for the public again. If that were the case than i'd be cool with a forge placed anywhere.
sadly Ultima has moved in different directions and I doubt we'll ever see that again.. except on private shards.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I don't think it's too bad. But to each their own. However I noticed the top picture actually shows grass and a small pond whereas the bottom one doesn't. What's going on with that?
Looks like the EC displays more. The roof is different too.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By before, do you mean the original undecorated WBB or do you mean the first Pacific Deco contest design?
I kinda wish is was back to just the plain ole bank building.

The first small bit of decorating wasn't so over the top though. I don't remember exactly what it was.

xblade

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something is wrong whit your classic client or something i just took this pic 2 min ago on my CC

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a shame then that the CC doesn't show it. I like the grassy area/pond decoration.
It shows fine with my CC. As long as there is a stable and gate I don't care what it looks like, thou I think it looks fine especially compared to some of the other shards.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It shows fine with my CC. As long as there is a stable and gate I don't care what it looks like, thou I think it looks fine especially compared to some of the other shards.
Ah good. Might have just been a little glitch then in zanes screenshot.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something is wrong whit your classic client or something i just took this pic 2 min ago on my CC
Hmm... Very strange. I'm logged in now and it still looks like it did in my earlier screenshot.

Any ideas why?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to confirm I logged into the CC and went to Pacific to see...
I can see the grass and water just fine in both clients...

(EC looks way better IMO) ...

maybe Ezekial should re-install his client.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I figured it out. All the deco updated when I used the tele to leave the roof.

I had recalled to the bank in the EC then logged out on the roof.

Then, I logged into the Classic client and took that screenshot not realizing everything hadn't loaded. Basically the client loads it all up like it does house deco.

It doesn't update unless you leave the roof. Even using the stairs only makes it update only about more than half. Using the tele causes it to reload everything fully.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, confirmed. Did it three times.

The Classic client doesn't load all the deco if you login on the roof.

It loads in the EC but it's funny. It loads so slow you can see it tile by tile fill in.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I figured it out. All the deco updated when I used the tele to leave the roof.

I had recalled to the bank in the EC then logged out on the roof.

Then, I logged into the Classic client and took that screenshot not realizing everything hadn't loaded. Basically the client loads it all up like it does house deco.

It doesn't update unless you leave the roof. Even using the stairs only makes it update only about more than half. Using the tele causes it to reload everything fully.
IIRC how things worked when I messed about on freeshards, It's because the tiles are falling below the bank roof as they are statics.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don’t know how to do those really big screen captures... if one of you guys would help, I think an excellent West Brit Bank is Europa. IN CLASSIC, PLEASE! :thumbsup:

Atlantic’s natural garden theme on the bank roof doesn’t fit the décor that should be in a “fancy” city... BUT at least it's way better then originally designed.

I still say the staff should have done some clean up and primping of the cities after they fixed up Serpent’s Hold. Otherwise, for such a rich kingdom, it's fairly dumpy looking. hehe

Breeze64

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some decro is nice, but I do think they tend to get carried away.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won the siege bank deco contest and I sorta hate what I made. And now that part of it has dissapeared (the frozen dark father) i like it even less.

I think mostly all of them were -ok- but only one or two were really good. I think i would have done much better if it werent for the fact that I was just doing it in photoshop and it was a giant pain.

O

olduofan

Enhanced client

Classic client

agreed its out right ugly imo. wish they had never went down this path i have been to some shards that makes pac Look great sad very very sad. why couldn't it had been temporary if people wanted it to be deco do it for a short time not permanent...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm... Very strange. I'm logged in now and it still looks like it did in my earlier screenshot.

Any ideas why?
Sometimes certain deco items fall through the floor after a while of being there, running off screen or rubber-banding yourself usually makes them pop back into place.

happens to me once in a while on LS,

Maybe they should deco-up Luna and maybe it would bring more life back to other towns =]

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also dare to dream of a day when smiths would work for the public again. If that were the case than i'd be cool with a forge placed anywhere.
sadly Ultima has moved in different directions and I doubt we'll ever see that again.. except on private shards.
the main reason i dont work in public is because all the whole time im doing something i get people that are trying to see if im afk or not.
even get gms called on me to message me odd questions..

most of the time when im crafting stuff, i do it hidden in my house.
or in a far away forgotten city..

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Complaints complaints complaints... all you do is complain! Its too drab its too gaudy....

Look the banks are almost abandoned on most shards, except for the yelping of the spellcasters looking for focus....

Mesanna did alot of banks ..... and i have seen alot of them and most are good... some could use a moongate which is really handy.

Yes the town has all the amenitys else where but for a deco point they look nice in many of the designs i have seen.

I personally would like ot see other banks with a bit more homey look to them as well so shh...

Catskills has a nice luna but could use a bit more ... Its too bad the Fel side has had no deco done to it as well. A more home spun feel might invite more down to fel to visit. If we can keep you death lusters off the new guys for a few they might get the hang of the place and stay! Sorry got off the point.....

You all should go and see the other shards and see what they look like .... you might meet some old friends or make some new ones....

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Complaints complaints complaints... all you do is complain! Its too drab its too gaudy....
Yeah you never have any complaints.

It is ugly. I've been to W. Britain bank on most shards. It's way over done on almost all of them.

I happen to like drab.

E

elspeth

I've had some of these same thoughts myself. I like some deco but don't like the bright glaring colors. Pacific is way too bright. Even Europa with the blue is a little over the top for me (and the worst thing is they removed the lovely cherry trees across from the bank! so sad!) but I love Legends! that looks about perfect!

And you can just see it in the corner of xblade's picture but the trash can on Pacific looks very very strange. I hate to complain about someone's hard work but it is a bank I use a lot and I sure wish it had more of a serene feel to it. I do like the pond though and the kitty.