Does anyone know the name of this mystery dungeon?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was talking about this in another thread… then was asked if I could show the entrance. I trekked out, found it… and unfortunately the thread died so no one said anything more about it.

It's location is in the swamps south of Destard. Tram, if that matters. I first discovered it maybe 10 years ago when wondering around an exploring when I was newer. I’m not a big fan of dungeons, but this one is totally packed with spawn and just about no one knows about it. I’ve found a few like it, mostly in Ilsh. Here’s the post:

Because I love you guys so much…

I actually braved the MASS spawn of that swamp and re-found the dungeon entrance I was talking about. Stealthers rule!

It's the savage hut on the right most side of the set of 3… south of that old mystery castle that has been sitting in this swamp forever.

I will also confess, I don’t remember this being the dungeon in question, but it sure was packed in the first room. It could only go downhill from that point on. You will see the red circle on a fur? Double click that and you’re in. There is a ladder you simply walk up to get back out.

Honestly, I have seen a few of these weird dudgeons as being part of the post tram old-school crowd, I actually explored every screen of the game world vs. bank-sitting most of my play time. It's just some of these spots I found are so far back in my mind, they get lost.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Stratics - Grand Sosarian Atlas - Lizardman Fort

If I remember correctly there was an event that used this area but I can't remember exactly it's been awhile.
That link… “Lizardman Fort”… I think it's just referring to the swamp area, not the hidden dungeon. I really don't want to explore this dungeon... I COULD... but I'd sure love to see some kind of map and what's inside to even make a guess of it.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland
It's a small cavern area. Another entrance to it exists on Drachenfels Trammel side, right beside the Minoc entrance to the solen hives.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2008
I can't believe so few know the backstory of this dungeon - I farm it for arrows - I wish you hadn't blasted the entrance all over the uhall - now everyone knows about it - hehe

btw, when this event took place originally, there was supposed to be a few clues that led you to that fur as the entrance, however, on one shard - not sure which one anymore, there was a back way in that someone happened to stumble across from another leftover event which blew the whole find the real entrance quest apart quite nicely - hehe

the back entrance was by clicking that weird "chess knight piece" looking sculpture on that small island you have to teleport to just east of the yew jail

on Catskills it only used to take you into the shadowlord fort but on that other shard, it took you into the dungeon that was part of the ongoing quest at the time - it was quite funny and the devs posted some kind of "oops" thread about it - hehe

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
That would be Europa if I remember right :D

cutty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2008
california
since we're on the subject, here's a dungeon that i have never seen anyone else at, ever. this is on napa in trammel, south of yew, west of the lich spawn. i vaguely remember it from an event years ago, but at the time i don't think there was all the creatures in there that are there now. very dangerous place now, btw.

after roaming with my stealther through there, it seems to be connected to Khaldun, though i couldn't find a way to raise the portcullis that separates the two areas. there are a few skeleton dragons, a few dread spiders, a few rotting corpses and a few lesser undead creatures roaming in there. also a tentacles of the harrower.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sep 18, 2003
Canada (ya, there is snow)
im very surprised that no one has made a list of all these hidden areas on every shard and has it up somewhere like here on stratics or something.

i know a couple places like these that where from events and such, but all info on them has been lost over time.

i know of one such place that has a password to get into, i go there all the time to train when i dont want anyone to bother me.

i love it.

no one but me remembers the password cause it was a small event from 10 years ago.

its like my own little paradise, haha

but we should maybe think about making a place on stratics here for all these places of interest on all shards.

would be a hell of a undertaking...... Petra...... im looking at you!
and look, you have Pixi allready here taking screen shots for ya!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Awards
McMinnville Oregon
im very surprised that no one has made a list of all these hidden areas on every shard and has it up somewhere like here on stratics or something.

i know a couple places like these that where from events and such, but all info on them has been lost over time.

i know of one such place that has a password to get into, i go there all the time to train when i dont want anyone to bother me.

i love it.

no one but me remembers the password cause it was a small event from 10 years ago.

its like my own little paradise, haha

but we should maybe think about making a place on stratics here for all these places of interest on all shards.

would be a hell of a undertaking...... Petra...... im looking at you!
and look, you have Pixi allready here taking screen shots for ya!
On ls I mine in the caves under haven and they need a password also and I have never seen anyone in there little lake and a island all kinds of stuff ...I am sure other people have access but never see anyone there

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like this list is starting to build… but these dungeons may be “unique” or non-standard to different shards. It may be a job way to vast, but I do agree… it would be fun and education to have some of these things explained. Mostly the older stuff. The newer EM stuff may be in a class by itself because of clear reasons. What was it? Back a few Easters ago, with the nice baskets… they had a wonderful Alice in Wonderland theme dungeon on a shard I visited, but I had no powers so I couldn’t explore it. What we got on Atlantic was a rock to double click. I know it took countless hours of preparation vs. the cute dungeon on the other shard. hehe.

There is one EM era dungeon/event area… on Atlantic, half way between Cove and Vesper that has a password to get in, you can mark runes inside as well… massive area that’s great for mining. Or it was. Was like a smugglers cave, but with no spawn. All that preparation and work for an hour event. Seems like a lot. That one I’d love to see stay as it is.

Plus there are so many little “messes” from ancient events, from the same era as my mystery dungeon, that are out in the open. Like (on Atlantic at least) 3 different camps from an orc invasion… by Cove, Minoc, and the farms of Skara Brea. Dead ogre bodies/containers at Serpents Hold, one in the sea someplace. There are a few odd things in the sea, now I think about it. Many other odds and ends are simply old forgotten about event items, I’m sure. Stuff like… children who never pick up their toys.

But yea... I'd love to see a collection posted someplace.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
That link… “Lizardman Fort”… I think it's just referring to the swamp area, not the hidden dungeon. I really don't want to explore this dungeon... I COULD... but I'd sure love to see some kind of map and what's inside to even make a guess of it.
There's nothing in there on Origin, it just dead-ends. One HUGE room of Ratmen archers and mages, empty hallway and dead-end with another huge spawn of archers and mages. It doesn't lead anywhere.

http://i43.***********/a4pu08.jpg

Kojak do you remember what event that was? I KNOW it was an event and we had to go down there for some reason but for the life of me I can't remember why lol.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 26, 2010
Step on those swamp tiles to the left of u Larisa and u should get down a LvL

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2008
yeah, and there's a book locked down on the floor of the second part of the dungeon that had something to do with the quest

i didn't care what the quest was because they found the end so quickly and i got whatever reward it was so fast

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Okay I remember now.

The book reads:

Studies: The Shattering by Nystul

Long has the shattering of the Gem of Immortality weighed upon my thoughts. A lifetime I have spent studying the mystic arts, and yet it is only lately that I have begun to uncover even the least of the Gem's secrets.

Two things have become clear to me. While both warrant further investigation I know not how much I alone will find, but I keep this notebook as a way to record my discoveries.

I hope it will be saved up against the day that I must depart this world, to be of use to those who must succeed me.

First I have uncovered proof that no hand but that of the Stranger, who defeated Mondain, could have shattered the Gem. A stranger not only to our people, but to your entire reality, the laws and harmonies binding the Stranger were somehow different then those that act upon us.

It was this differing set of qualities that allowed the Stranger to interact with the Gem on a plane closer to it's own abstract reality, ultimately shattering it.

That those of differing planes can have influence and effect upon our world brings to mind a most disturbing line of thought, best left for another day...yet I feel I must note it now.

There was a once madman who attempted to cast a most horrible spell, once which would bring about the cessation of all life upon our world. That he and his followers failed, thankfully, even though they had the requisite knowledge and resources...it seems as though the spell itself was designed by those not of our world.

I leave this, then, and will concentrate upon my second realization. Within each shard of the Gem of Immortality lies a perfect likeness of the world as it was at the very moment the Gem was shattered. My liege has confessed many things to me, many disturbing things, about the influence the Gem's power still holds upon these worlds.

It is possible that within each of these shards lie copies of the shattered remains of the Gem of Immortality. I had though this impossible, but the Gem transcended our reality and was no longer a part of our world. Yet I gaze upon the shining facets of a shard, looking at the world slowly spinning within, and it seems clear to me.

The stone's sinister power was not destroyed when the Stranger shattered the stone, but instead spread throughout the shards themselves.

Thus the question begs: does the recursion go on forever? Are there worlds within worlds, scattered like dandelions on the wind, lying in my trembling hand?

And what influence does the Gem yet have upon them?

http://i40.***********/2a7hbbc.jpg

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 13, 2002
Green Mt State - Vt
since we're on the subject, here's a dungeon that i have never seen anyone else at, ever. this is on napa in trammel, south of yew, west of the lich spawn. i vaguely remember it from an event years ago, but at the time i don't think there was all the creatures in there that are there now. very dangerous place now, btw.

after roaming with my stealther through there, it seems to be connected to Khaldun, though i couldn't find a way to raise the portcullis that separates the two areas. there are a few skeleton dragons, a few dread spiders, a few rotting corpses and a few lesser undead creatures roaming in there. also a tentacles of the harrower.

This one was from an old EM event, If memory serves me right I would guess 4 to 5 yrs ago (possibly 6) & it was never finished if I remember correctly too.

M

Maezoroth

Ok this has bothered me for years.... someone took me here on my Trade Character on Chessy and I have no clue where the heck it is.... It is a small room with lots of cool statues but no way out. So I have stayed here for 8 years.....

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

There's another on in Tram LS, Britain in the tower just a bit south of the East Bank. There are note and a password to enter (Gravitaslangour) and you have to find 4 items within the dungeon you are sent to. The dungeon is (mostly) empty save for a few spawning chests and (usually) an ice fiend (or ice elem, I forget which and it's not around as I post this). Three of the four items are a robe, crook, and buckler, but the 4th seems to be missing. Giving these items to "A Mysterious Stranger" who is in the park.

Giving the three items gives you the coordinates: Robe: XX.XX N/S, 12.XX W Crook: XX.XX N/S, XX.22 W Buckler: XX.46 N, XX.XX E/W

For a total of XX.46N, 12.22W

Using the EC's Map, I traced the 12.22W line in the northwest quadrant on land and did not find anything. I just ran the portion I know and have screencaps if anyone wishes or if anyone has more info on this one.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larisa... Thank you for digging that up. :thumbsup:

Wonder if it's tied in to that old plate that shows the shattering of the gem of immortality. That was before my time and yet, I somehow have a few of them stashed away.

I have a feeling if this thread keeps going, we will find a wealth of even more dungeons for this idea of making a special section on the fact. hehe

L

LordDextonious

The last time we showed an EM an interesting place on Pacific, they blocked it off, and it may never be seen again. I'd keep them a secret.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland
Ok this has bothered me for years.... someone took me here on my Trade Character on Chessy and I have no clue where the heck it is.... It is a small room with lots of cool statues but no way out. So I have stayed here for 8 years.....

This is an area you say "Wintersoul" in a cave somewhere to enter. Possibly the same to get out.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 4, 2008
This is an area you say "Wintersoul" in a cave somewhere to enter. Possibly the same to get out.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Almost all of these are from various EM events or scenarios. Most are shard specific, lots have passwords which don't always work anymore.
There's a sticky thread on Europa board that lists some of them.
My birthday party took place in one such place on Europa. It used to be the home of four ancient lich but they were removed some time ago.

I did, at one time, attempt to collect up the information for the pirate cave. It exists on almost every shard, but the entrance and passwords are different.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2009
I wónce knew a site that had all the info to places like this. But I think it's offline.

Either stratics or uoguide need to throw up a page with all these minor, hidden or shard specific dungeons.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I can't make a page unless I have the information.
I need: location - shard, facet, coordinates
password, if any
If game wide - is the entrance the same on all shards?
spawn, if any?

I have some of the pirate cave info, but does anyone know the shards I'm missing?

Here's what I have collected up from previous threads on the topic.
Atlantic: Ruins to the right of cove graveyard. (one of the Zeefzorpul locations) password 'loot'.
Baja. black gate on the 2nd floor of Lord Blackthorn's Keep in Britain that takes you there, no password required.
Catskills: 14.14 South and 35.34 West password foremast
Drachenfels: Haven Coordinates: 76° 22'S 146° 57'E (B) Password: plunder
Europa: under the arch way in the ruins on dragon Isle password Rhumbaba
Great Lakes: the entrance is on a large beach on the SW coast of the mainland. There's a tent there, and a net on the ground in front of it. You stand on the net and say "booty".
Lake austin: there is a brazier on the ground in the cave leading the delucia entrance, password "scalawag".
Lake Superior: Haven: 89.54s 147.05 eDirectly screen straight up from the moongate... the second such patch of underbrush and trees. password: "Loot".
Legends: 84o27s 8o18e Go to T2a, On your map, to the far SE of the map you will see the "PORTAL TO ISLAND TEMPLE". Just east of that you will see the Gentle River where it ends. Right at that ending you will find a hole. Simple walk on the hole
Napa: Go to Trammel Minoc, Blacksmith and follow the trail leading south to a house, there is a add on to the house that sorta looks like a cellar. password: "parrot".
Seige: second small house to the right just south of occlo bank, password booty.
Sonoma: LL, Terra Sanctum 5 45N 1 7E password Ransom

S

soulstoner

Fun little find there Pixie. I checked it out yesterday (on our Atlantic shard) and yes definitely great place to farm arrows.

A word of caution to share: At the beginning ended up overwhelmed and dead at the initial entrance spot at the base of the ladder; I climbed out and attempted to sacrifice to rez and got a message that my belongings would not be able to be collected as they were in a different ....(not sure what the wording was -- facet maybe)? I went back down and rezzed in a less mobbed spot. Once the mass mob was eradicated (whirlwind on a dexxer is good) the spawn was quite manageable. Also found the westerly spot to exit into the 2nd/quiet area.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
"The Shattering" event under the lizard fort was an all-shards, multi-part quest, culminating in getting into that hellhole, and copying the book - I might still have a scribe-copied version of the original book around. A day or two later, a publish made it to where for the next year or more, characters got the book dropped into their bank when they logged in for the first time since the event.

Petra, there's a second password to the Lake Austin Pirate cave, other than Scalawag. It was used by different EMs years apart, and it caught the later one totally off-guard that several of us knew a working password that wasn't his, and had already eliminated half the spawn he'd pre-seeded the area with.

I'm not sure if "Scalawag" is the first or second password. I'll ask around on LA.