• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Documenting Publish 86

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Documenting this publish is an extensive undertaking, we know you're anxious to have more information, so we'd like to show you what we've done so far.

New pages for the publish are:

Trader Quests With many thanks to Frarc and friends for writing this as the publish developed, now finished with final tweaks

Enhanced Client User Guide - Agent Settings. A new feature of the client's user interface

Existing pages we have updated are:

Special Moves

Magic Item Properties

Luck

Clean Up Rewards

Clean Up Reward Pigments

And in the Enhanced Client User Guide pages - orginally very kindly donated by Miss Echo of Spellweave.com

Actions

Backpack

Chat Journal

Character Sheet

If you have information you would like to contribute to this effort please feel free to contact me, Petra Fyde either by private message on http://stratics.com/community or email to [email protected]

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read through this page and I find this information absolutely worthless, because there is no definition of what actually bumping/raising the loot level means...

What exactly is a loot level?
How much difference is there between i.e loot level x and loot level x+1?

So it's pretty pointless to know, that 1226.9 luck has a chance of raising the loot level by 52%, if noone can explain me, what this higher loot level exactly does (except that I have a higher chance of getting better loot, which is quite obvious. But since we're using here rather exact number, explaing the term "luck level" might be a good idea as well).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry. I only updated the page with the newer information from the publish. The figures in the tables are much older information, I'm not sure what the source was.

I don't read it as luck will increase the loot by 52%. I read it that the percentage chance that loot will be bumped is 52%.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sorry. I only updated the page with the newer information from the publish. The figures in the tables are much older information, I'm not sure what the source was.

I don't read it as luck will increase the loot by 52%. I read it that the percentage chance that loot will be bumped is 52%.
Lol, I was just getting ready to post a thank you for the luck charts, since I'm getting ready to redo some armor. If 1143 luck gives me a 50 percent chance of monsters dropping better loot, that's a good enough number for me to aim at.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read through this page and I find this information absolutely worthless, because there is no definition of what actually bumping/raising the loot level means...

What exactly is a loot level?
How much difference is there between i.e loot level x and loot level x+1?

So it's pretty pointless to know, that 1226.9 luck has a chance of raising the loot level by 52%, if noone can explain me, what this higher loot level exactly does (except that I have a higher chance of getting better loot, which is quite obvious. But since we're using here rather exact number, explaing the term "luck level" might be a good idea as well).
no one really knows. closest thing i can say is at higher property levels there is a greater chance for a negative. so before the pub you would get the lower stuff bumped up a level, but also the higher stuff bumped up to a negative. after the pub since the only negative really not useable is cursed, this is not as much of an issue.

UO guide has a little more in depth information if your interested in the math of modern luck in UO.
http://www.uoguide.com/Luck

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no one really knows. closest thing i can say is at higher property levels there is a greater chance for a negative. so before the pub you would get the lower stuff bumped up a level, but also the higher stuff bumped up to a negative. after the pub since the only negative really not useable is cursed, this is not as much of an issue.

UO guide has a little more in depth information if your interested in the math of modern luck in UO.
http://www.uoguide.com/Luck
Thanks! Actually this page describes it very well, what "bumping" means.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Publish mentioned art work. Is there any specifics on this?