• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you just run one account?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing on Siege, a few weeks I've come to the conclusion:

A) You need multiple accounts or
B) Alot of Soul Stones

Unless your a mage, you can't have an efficient character to PvM and PvP with. Even if you just PvM at one point you have to PvP, Hide, or Die

Just wanting to know if anyone playing one account and no Soul Stones? Call me cheap I don't want to give EA more money than I have to.:D

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 accounts here. But I am a housing-lover. That's my main reason ;)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have two accounts, but I ran with one a long time and just used him as a tamer mage. My second account was intended for VvV, but once I got my skills trained I realized there was a lot I could do in game with two accounts way easier than the one. Now I use them for pirate hunting and treasure hunting, and it sped up my peerless runs a lot. Over time I have accumulated maybe 30 soulstones between the two. BUT it is totally possible to run one account with one template, which I didfor a while. If you go that route, having a group of friends / guildies will be really helpful for things your template can't do.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll run 2 accounts when I'm on my ship hunting, but i've never been slick enough to do things like attend EM events on 2, hell I don't think i've even attended any meetings on 2 accts. In fact the biggest thing I use the 2nd account for is a taxi/rez service for Garth if I get into trouble. Valar keeps a book in his pack named Garths Taxi, with predetermined pickup spots. I"m sure everyone does this though. I do it this way instead of abusing the ridiculous "anyone can gate onto a ship" bug...errr feature.

Edit, I overthought what the point of the thread was :) I have 4 accts total, but 2 pretty much stay inactive. I have 70 SSs between Garth and Valar that pretty much cover everything.

Last edited:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe I'm with you. I'm working just 1 account with only enough soulstones to swap out alchemy and detect hidden. And I'm running the same disarm thief template I built on Siege almost 2 decades ago (just swapped arms lore for ninjitsu). Can barely kill a mongbat. So, if there weren't good people on Siege willing to help me out with suits I'd be screwed. That and I've managed to wear the same suit for about 8 months now.... Multiple characters (accounts) and $80 in soulstones is definitely helpful.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two accounts are almost a must even with an account like my average acct. because of Stats if nothing else. 31 Soul stones on this one 125 str 125 int 10 dex Strictly a PvM toon . The stones have every craft skill, All the thief skills, All the magic skills pretty much everything except weapon skills, chiv, bushi, anat I do waste 3 stones on resisting spells 80, 100, and 120 and 2 stones for mage 100 and 120. So I can jewel up and save 60 real skill points when the skill template gets tight. This character is great for PvM in better hands than mine would probably be a ok Tamer/mage type PvP.

But even with this amount of stones this character is limited to Non weapon skills due to the DEx and lowering the str and int would cut into much needed weight carrying on the mule template and less than ideal mana on the mage scribe type template.. I want to be able to drop one RC after another or keep a solid stream of E-bolts and Flame Strikes dropping and spend as little time regenerating mana as possible so I sacrifice Dexterity.

At the moment I still have 8 active accounts and am working on getting 3 more condensed into the keep and closed and down to 5 accts. and 5-6 accts is what I feel is the right number to have everything covered and not constantly be hitting the stones and changing templates.

typical character.jpg

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 accounts great lakes trammel have 1 castle 1 keep Siege safe have 1 18 by 18 1 trinsic gate house think a 1 9 by something
also share accounts with glendale (tdo)
he has 2 accounts great lakes 2 fel castles Siege 1 keep
together we have 4 accounts we been sharing accounts since 2001

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have 6 accounts, but I really only play 3 of them, the rest hold my houses I have collected over the years, 2 was NEW2 houses, 1 guildhouse, one small house with tele and portal near Shame, and my 2 castles. A little crazy.
I only have Freja for PvP and PvM, and Tina Tink do most of my crafting, supported of Tina Tink.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 accounts, one all crafting with two soulstones, the other, formerly a gatherer, runs primarily as a mage, and has 18 soulstones. His are 4 Barding, 3 Taming, 5 crafting, and the last four odds & ends.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have three accounts. One of which has a lot of soul stones. You left out C.

C) Do your best with what you have... until you get more. Make friends and alliances. Soul Stones make great vet reward picks and they are selling in token form for around 5 million.

*smiles*

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had three accounts at one time. But that was back in 2003-2005 when subscriptions were still a thing. Gave the SpyderBite account to Crunch and let the other two die.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I had three accounts at one time. But that was back in 2003-2005 when subscriptions were still a thing. Gave the SpyderBite account to Crunch and let the other two die.

is that the same account that has Spyder on Sonoma?

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is that the same account that has Spyder on Sonoma?
Absolutely no idea. As I had Mandolin on Siege who was transferred as a Statics reporter, and on the other two I just created new toons on Siege.

I suspect that Spyder or Princess Spyder on Sonoma was the account I transferred.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I totally forget that. I don't have the account info at all but if you want it back spyder I can do a forgot password if you remember the account name. I'd be curious as to what's on it ha.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playing on Siege, a few weeks I've come to the conclusion:

A) You need multiple accounts or
B) Alot of Soul Stones

Unless your a mage, you can't have an efficient character to PvM and PvP with. Even if you just PvM at one point you have to PvP, Hide, or Die

Just wanting to know if anyone playing one account and no Soul Stones? Call me cheap I don't want to give EA more money than I have to.:D
I have 3 accounts, but almost always only have one active at a time. One that I play the most, one secondary I almost never have open, both use my one house, and a third account, my "start from scratch" account, that doesn't share stuff with the other two, has overlapping skills, and drops house when I'm not playing it. Main account has 10+ ss, secondary has 4-5, and "separate" account has 3, but will probably get more if I keep playing.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seven to eight UO accts. I kept four active all the time though til I quit playing ! So on Siege I was four characters 24/7 ! Queen Zen, Miranda, Hughes of Gray, and Josef ! I arrived on Siege from being on Chesapeake UO from 1998 or so. But shortly after that creation of Trammel and ....insurance like 2000 or so I came on Siege and got pkd! I went. Yay ! Ultima Online how it was meant to be. So I remained on Siege ! Lol My QZ character here was just a ninja archer no big deal, my Miranda was main crafter tailor carpenter mostly, Hughes was my alchemist scribe and my Josef just ..was..well he stealthed around a lot as my personal spy ! And yeh back in the day old UO I was in Order on chessie ! Iwas in factions too! I also had pk characters too ! Back in the day before a trammel or insurance etc ! I have soul stones on Siege but didn't use them much didnt really need to with four diverse me's here!

Last edited:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 7 accounts. 2 are active. I'm just getting back into the game so I'm slowly bringing them all back online. Too many soul stones to count.

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 active, 2 closed accounts. i figure it's cheaper in the long run just to buy more soul stones then to activate those accounts. although there's the whole strength, intelligence, dexterity problem if I wanted to have any fighter skills.