Do you Hold A Inactive UO Account

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Many Accounts Are Inactive But The Owners Still Follow UO.

• 1000's

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • 100'

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • 10's

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • No One Does This IMO

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 15, 2006
Moonglow
The Question is:
Do you have a UO account But never play it?
i Was wondering how many people Still Read UO fourms That have accounts they dont play any more.

IE On My shard there is a home next to me, over the years i have come to learn the home owner keeps his/her account in spite becuse they dont like me.
I have never seen the owner in real time, but i have reason to belive this. I am sure they might log in once a year maybe. (Yes this is really the case)

Anyone Out there?

Disscuss....

E

Extra Value Meal

My account has been inactive for about 2-3 years now. I quit in December of '06 except I left the account running for longer but didn't play. I typically come back to the boards for a variety of reasons:

1. To see if UO is heading into a direction I would like to see
2. To see how even more greedy UO's players can get
3. To observe how angry people get when their fellow players recommend a change (sometimes which are good for the game), but since it goes against the grain of what UO currently is, and not what it was, it's shot down.

That's pretty much it.

C

canary

Most of my friends keeps one active account but never utilize it. I mean, they haven't logged in for YEARS... but keep paying. I'm sure there are a ton out there. Heck, I only play like 10 minutes a week myself... doing that for about a year now.

It's more of a 'hope things get better some day' mentality.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2007
You may want to reword this, it was a little unclear as to what you were asking, then after voting I was able to get a more clear idea as to what you were asking which was different to what I thought when I voted. I thought you were asking if I PERSONALLY had accounts that are inactive. Then after voting got the impression you were asking how many inactive accounts I think are in existence. Then also thought you might possibly be asking how many accounts are active and being paid for but not actually played. If you want a worth while poll you will need to reword this and make the Thread description more clear.

D

D'Amavir

The Question is:
Do you have a UO account But never play it?
i Was wondering how many people Still Read UO fourms That have accounts they dont play any more.

IE On My shard there is a home next to me, over the years i have come to learn the home owner keeps his/her account in spite becuse they dont like me.
I have never seen the owner in real time, but i have reason to belive this. I am sure they might log in once a year maybe. (Yes this is really the case)

Anyone Out there?

Disscuss....
I know for myself that the times that I have left UO, I have still kept at least a partial eye on the game while I was gone. I read the forums but don't post (when I am not playing I mean) and I also watch the 'In Development' and 'Current Update' sections in the hopes that something would pop up to make me come back sooner than I thought I would. Lately, in the last few years I mean, I have decided that even when I 'leave' I will try to keep my accounts open. I have homes in an area that I have had homes in since early 98 (first in Fel and then in the same area on Trammel) and I would hate to lose that. The area isn't anything great, in fact its a poor spot considering the types of things I see there. But it has much sentimental value to me and the 'family' that I have created and used in this game.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 15, 2006
Moonglow
You may want to reword this, it was a little unclear as to what you were asking, then after voting I was able to get a more clear idea as to what you were asking which was different to what I thought when I voted. I thought you were asking if I PERSONALLY had accounts that are inactive. Then after voting got the impression you were asking how many inactive accounts I think are in existence. Then also thought you might possibly be asking how many accounts are active and being paid for but not actually played. If you want a worth while poll you will need to reword this and make the Thread description more clear.
Yes to all, I am asking about all aspects of Inactive Accounts. Various reasons, how many you have, Why you would have them, and if you have them do you follow the UO scene.
And Why....
Ect Ect Ect.

Tell us your story! hehe

S

ShadowJack

I have about 10-20

some from friends that quit, some were trial accounts I used for a year or two, and there are my couple of 11 year olds.

If they'd make this game more like it used to be and less like all the other mmorpgs out there I'd love to crack open my accounts again.

Don't have fun item camping or pvping the way they've made it now. Don't want to craft a billion things with super rare crafting kits to get a good wep.

it's all items now, and it was a terrible direction to take the game. Don't get me wrong, it was always fun getting new stuff, but now the game is ALL about the items.

yawn.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Speaking for myself, I keep at least one account open/paid for, even when I dont play for months at a time. So I can only assume others do as well.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 13, 2003
STEALTHING .... behind U
In think most peeps that play knowadays pay for just 1 main account!!

Extra houses per account can be kept by paying once per 90 days ie once per 3 months ....x4 times a year, im sure half the houses are kept this way.
[Less the bugged houses that still exsist that will never fall ,untill the devs get there coding right.] I say this as u see lots of keeps and castle go into early decay to be refreshed a day or so later.

There must be 1000s of no longer used trail accounts and 1000s of old closed accounts out there.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
I reactivate every 2 and a half months to keep from losing my 18x18. But UO simply isn't fun anymore from lack of new content. I may play some more once SA comes out and if it's worth it.
Till then I am happy on WoW which has a definite expansion with definite months worth of content right out of the box plus patches.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I have five active atm. When it was ten a month I had ten active but downsized when they changed the price. I have some other accounts that I had opened through out the years for one reason or another that I don't get on unless they do the promotion where you can get on your inactive accounts.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
I have 2 inactive since June. When things get more interesting i will reactivate one of them.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 24, 2003
I come back exactly three months a year, one month out of every four, in order to:

1) keep my house - not because land is rare (it's not) but because I have nowhere else to put my gardening stuff, and gardening/decorating is a big draw for me.

2) see what's new within the game - specifically, I check back for things like fixes to favorite hunting grounds (like Destard and Wrong, which were ruined), or the return of ToT. I use KR almost exclusively, so I check for updates there too, and am always disappointed.

3) determine where the game is headed and whether it's worth coming back for more than the month (the answer has been 'not really' for a long time).

I pay more for a single new game than I do to keep my UO house, so the cost is negligible. Plus I think that repeatedly shutting it down sends a stronger message than never turning it back on, if that makes any sense. 'You could have had me back, but no, yet again.' One guildie of mine leaves his account on permanently and never plays. I'd rather donate the excess to charity. :p I sold three of my original accounts many years ago when they were worth something. My husband and I have several other accounts without houses that we don't even bother turning on anymore.

T

Trebr Drab

I quite for the 3rd time a few months ago, but hadn't played much for several years. Mainly the memory of the old UO style, much more social and worldly than other games, kept me hoping they'd return to the old ways. That and a curiosity of what will happen to this once great game as it continues to dig it's own grave.