• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do You Have A Story About Whitefire?

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post your story here.
Whitefire's memorial is currently being planned. His friend, Vadie, suggested that some stories about him be put into an ingame book and included as part of his memorial. I have a couple of Whitefire stories and I'm sure others do as well.

Tales Of Whitefire will be exhibited on his statue at the Hall Of Players and, hopefully, at his memorial on Haven Isle. Contributors will be acknowledged.

If you have a story about Whitefire, or an experience with him that you would like to share, please post it here & now.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of stories about Tang & Whitefire.

Tang took to hiding from Whitefire whenever she saw him in Haven. Sometimes, she'd even yell at me from her computer before she went, asking if I was in Haven and was Whitefire there. Tang hid from him because, when he saw her, he'd give her an order for 100 city or dungeon runebooks and prepay her a mil. She had to make the books even though she knew he didn't need them. He just wanted to give her business and gold.

This morning, Tang was laughing at a memory of him:
"He took me someplace once. He came up and said, 'Here, you have to see this.' I don't know where or what it was because as soon as we got there, we both died."

Tang has this white parrot that she kept locked away - said it's too rare to just display any old place. When she heard the news of Whitefire's passing, she placed it on a white parrot stand in her Furniture Store and named it, "Whitefire RIP Friend"

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have one story from my personal experiences with him, and one story one of his friends from Pacific ( I forgot their name) told me years ago.

The one from his Pacific friend:

On the Pacific shard, during the early years of UO, Whitefire organized a guild devoted to helping new players and teaching them how to play and have fun in the game. He used to take his group of new players and guild members all over the world, teaching them the tips and tricks of how to have fun. There was one particular experience that the members loved, Whitefire and one of his emissarys would place large dragon ships in the ocean, letting the guild members board them. The ships drove in opposite directions for about 20 seconds, then circled around. As soon as the ships were within sight of each other the guild members on board would begin shooting arrows and throwing explosion potions at the crew of the enemy ship, they would fight, and circle around as many times as necessary until the last crew member of a ship was killed. Then everyone was ressurected and round 2 began, the ships parked next to each other and one ships crew boarded the other ship and began fighting the enemy crew with swords and bare fists until one crew was dead. This activity taught new players about ships, archery, potions, and pvp at the same time, it was a very fun way to do it.

The one from my personal experiences with him:

On the Atlantic shard around the year 2012, I and multiple emissarys from my guild and HHYC were discussing guild and alliance related things with Whitefire in New Haven, when a player with a (young) tag ran up to our group and began asking if we had any advice for an eager new explorer of Britannia. A lot of people would have simply ignored him and continued with the alliance meeting, but not Whitefire, he immediately jumped up and ran over to them, handed them a huge amount of new player supplies he had in his bank, a few million gold, and invited them to his HHYC guild. The new player was so excited and happy he had made a friend. Many people would have stopped at this point and let the new player fend for himself with the gifts, but of course, not Whitefire, he began to give the new player a tour of all the dungeons, the main pvp areas, the stygian abyss, taught him how to craft and imbue, made him a pretty good sampire suit for free, wrote a book with specefic details on how to build archer, swordsman, mage, and PVP templates to give to the new player, and placed an 18x18 which he gave the new player for free (a week later he also taught the guy how to decorate houses and assisted in the deco process). I followed them for some of the time, in total Whitefire spent about 14 hours straight teaching and helping the new player.

Whitefire was one of the most generous and caring people ever to play UO, and his efforts to help the new player community throughout all of UO's history were absolutely amazing. I feel honored to have had such a wonderful friend for so many years.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into Whitefire on Balhae a year ago or so. I was just getting my crafter's skills high enough to be able to sell some cheap LRC and training jewels and told him that I was trying to finish training some other crafting skills to be able to sell other useful items, like full spellbooks. He insisted on giving me a commodity deed for 60k of blank scrolls, which I'm still chipping away at today, even though inscription training is finished. I'm pretty sure he was also the person who once purchased a full suit of armor and then dropped the bag of armor back in the mailbox! Seems like the kind of thing he would do just to be helpful and if he knew someone was resistant to accepting outright gifts of gold.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have many stories about whitefire, initially when I met the guy I thought he was just another sucker that needed to be taken down to sucker lake to watch the sucker submarine races while I stabbed him and robbed him, and initially that is what I did.

I initially laughed at his naivety at helping people, I along with other unnamed douchebags would infiltrate his guild, gain trust rob him blind and kill or kick his entire guild.

The rub was he hang out right next to me for a long time in haven, me in several guises, him as himself. Eventually his selflessness and generosity of spirit, his love and knowledge of the game made me question my own motives and little by little chipped away at an ignorant attitude.

Thank you white, you showed players how to play

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny now... but... first time I met WhiteFire I was on my character the town drunk, and White ask if I would make some stuff for his guild. I said sure, would be happy to help out the guild. He handed me a book and I opened it... on the second page was full of stuff like 20 gorgets, 20 bandanas, etc... and I said sure I can do this... White recalled out and it dawned on me that I didn't look at the book that closely... I opened the book up and turn the page... and sure enough pages 3 was full and page 4 was about half full of stuff... I was like OMG!!! .... took me about a week to get it all made and transferred to his guild house.

But I got the pleasure of being with White on several occasions when he would recruit a young player into the guild and take them to the guild house to gear them up... and later joined a couple of my characters to the Guild (HHYC).

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am about to collect these stories into a book to place on Whitefire's statue on the roof of the Hall Of Players.

So, any last stories?
:next:

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
my only thought is this........ how many more wonderful people are out there,. that did all this ... just every day.. for whatever reason..... and it went unsaid........... my thought............. sooooooooooooooooooooooo many................. and thank you to all of you here and now and those not with us..............

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well.....it never goes completely unsaid really, I'm not sure why but everyone eventually tells their secrets to at least 1 person. I suppose it just isn't fun for them anymore if nobody suspects anything. Seems like one of the "the process is more fun than the result" type of situations for alot of them.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love people that spruke their own good deeds.

White wasn't like that, a humble guy thats actions spoke louder than words.

I still don't think he is gone, but I would rather appreciate him now than when we meet him in Hell and he slices me up with a silver Kat of vanquishing.

http://www.haneke.net/ do not click this please

Toowired

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I meet Whitefire through a member of UWF many moons ago in Luna a place I came to find out later he did not usually go to unless asked. I use to get so mad at him for helping people either new or returning and they would up and leave his Guild after he helped them out. I asked him how come he would never be upset and he told me, I am here to help out if they stay great if not it is there choice. It took me a long time to understand where he was coming from then oneday it made sense to me. Compassion and Honor this was Whitefire.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Hail I am futile a once member of HHYC i met Whitefire on Pacific after we met and started talking about illness i had a grandson with leukemia at that time he took me out by his house where he had a wedding chapel at that time said mi could place a house there and gave me 10 mil gold he had been ill and had stepped down from the Gm position at that time. I had to drop the house i had on Lake Austin and move to Pac when i got to Pac HHYC had gone inactive there. Made char on Alantic one being the char Futile weaver/tamer was pleased to see Whitefire was here joined HHYC because i have allways liked to help out with other char.Great person freindly,kind and would go out of his way for you another like Grog hate to see you gone freind not many like you.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Hail I am futile a once member of HHYC i met Whitefire on Pacific after we met and started talking about illness i had a grandson with leukemia at that time he took me out by his house where he had a wedding chapel at that time said mi could place a house there and gave me 10 mil gold he had been ill and had stepped down from the Gm position at that time. I had to drop the house i had on Lake Austin and move to Pac when i got to Pac HHYC had gone inactive there. Made char on Alantic one being the char Futile weaver/tamer was pleased to see Whitefire was here joined HHYC because i have allways liked to help out with other char.Great person freindly,kind and would go out of his way for you another like Grog hate to see you gone freind not many like you.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met him on Pac after HHYC and some of his accounts were "stolen" from him by a husband and wife (Tara) team of HHYC guildmembers that he traveled to meet and pet sit for in real life. Also something about sailing their boat for them? Or fixing it? Maybe they were sailing their boat while he sat their pets?

During the fracas of the stolen guild I just asked him what happened and learned his daughter was a barmaid on Seond Street in Morgan City, Louisiana, where my mom was living at the time. My baby bro was drunk in a bar on Second Street there once and a barmaid rode him home in a cab with her.

I will always wonder if that barmaid was his daughter irl...

In which case caring about others runs in the family.

:)

I never thought the Whitefire on Atlantic was him mostly because I heard he had passed away before I left Pac and moved to Atl. That Whitefire was probably the husband that stole his accounts. Their version was that they paid for some of his accounts for him so they felt they owned HHYC.

Not really in game memorial book material. Just real life.

Ooops! Correction: The guild stolen from Whitefire was PPYC, Pacific Players Young Club, he made HHYC as a replacement.

The Atlantic Whitefire couldn't tell me where his daughter lived when I asked if he remembered what he had told me. Of course we can lose our memories due to age and disease but that Whitefire seemed fairly youthful.

Last edited:

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
my only thought is this........ how many more wonderful people are out there,. that did all this ... just every day.. for whatever reason..... and it went unsaid........... my thought............. sooooooooooooooooooooooo many................. and thank you to all of you here and now and those not with us..............
There are many, and I am sure some that will never tell of their own good deeds:) Actions speak louder than words and it is true that time always tells.

Cherish Firekiss