• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Do we know who owns this currently???

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
The 3rd Balhae Taming Event 1st Place Winner

(Qt. 1)

Once of the most crazy items... was just wondering if anyone knows of its existence, owner, and potential of them still playing?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Died before bonding?? omfg i would have flipped.. Guess its good to carry around a pet bonding potion at all times haha

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The story I've always heard is the owner took it to a dungeon before bonding and well, that was all she wrote for the glacial horse. Perhaps someone else can shed some light. Wasn't there a blue cow or something that was apart of that event as well?

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
shirt, staff, horse, not sure about the cow...

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had heard it met the same fate as the 1/1 Snow Ridgeback.....a person in the same guild supposedly lured the owner into a dungeon before it was bonded, then killed it. Not sure how accurate the story is, but it's the only one I've ever heard about it.

Duane I Am

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had heard it met the same fate as the 1/1 Snow Ridgeback.....a person in the same guild supposedly lured the owner into a dungeon before it was bonded, then killed it. Not sure how accurate the story is, but it's the only one I've ever heard about it.
Wow, I know im an a%$ but not that much of one. This kinda makes me sad.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
i knew of the ridgeback... when these items were created, a pet bonding potion was not something that was in existence. But neither of those items would be something I would allow out of the stables until a bonding could occur... Not to mention, i would leave any guild just to make sure that pet made it out alive... sad times if this is true...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wow, that's a shame if it died before bonding. It's really neat.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was still around i would imagine it to be the most valuable item in the game. As it is not, i believe the void rock holds that title

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I know we didn't have bonding potions in 2006. Was pet bonding even around back then?

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was still around i would imagine it to be the most valuable item in the game. As it is not, i believe the void rock holds that title
Aside from atl luna houses. I believe that genesis's big atl luna house is the single most valuable item in the game, and probably by a fairly large margin

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know we didn't have bonding potions in 2006. Was pet bonding even around back then?
You could certainly bond them with the feed/stable/feed method (stabling optional but recommended) but to my knowledge there was no insta-bond method before the potions existed

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You mean Deca's ridgeback? It's alive and well I assure you. Not sure if it is the one your talking about but its white and a 1 of 1.

This lil' guy @Captn Norrington ?
Hmm...that does look like the old Snow Ridgeback....maybe a second one was created after the first one died as a replacement or something?

@Decadence

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Pet bonding was introduced in Publish 16 in 2002.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmm...that does look like the old Snow Ridgeback....maybe a second one was created after the first one died as a replacement or something?

@Decadence
First time I have ever heard any rumor of the ridgeback getting killed. The white ridgeback is the one from the event 1 of 1. Hubby's favorite animal in the game has always been a ridgeback. He has ridden one since they first came out on the game, and always named it "Ruffles has Ridges". I purchased the ridgeback for him, renamed it "Ruffles has Ridges" and gave it to him as a present. He does not get to play often, but from time to time you might see him sitting at Luna bank with it.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
First time I have ever heard any rumor of the ridgeback getting killed. The white ridgeback is the one from the event 1 of 1. Hubby's favorite animal in the game has always been a ridgeback. He has ridden one since they first came out on the game, and always named it "Ruffles has Ridges". I purchased the ridgeback for him, renamed it "Ruffles has Ridges" and gave it to him as a present. He does not get to play often, but from time to time you might see him sitting at Luna bank with it.

I would have to check my notes but I think second place after the glacial horse was a white horse which also died. Maybe that is what you were thinking of.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if its the same horse. But I remember seeing the same glacial colored horse in the early 2000s... my guess is 2002ish. It was on Catskills and owned by Lord Cashman. He was the guy who owned White Stag Inn and had the white stag. I personally saw it. I'm not sure what ever happened to him, I lost touch with him about 2006-2007 time frame.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
There was a brief window of time that you could transfer off of test... And I mean BRIEF! 4 hours... In that 4 hours, several things made it off test... Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Also I remember a few silver steeds managed to get tamed. Maybe this is what you saw Doostur? That sounds about the right timeframe if I remember correctly.

Doostur

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is possible... maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. He would not get off the horse. He only logged in for a brief second and logged back off. He was afraid of it getting deleted, obviously not legal. Shame, i take screen shots of everything since i started playing in 97, and i didn't this time....

I wasn't into rares at all so I didn't pay much attention honestly. Anyone ever know what happened to Lord Cashman of Catskills?

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure if it's the snow Ridgeback that @Decadence bought. But lykor from catskills used to own one these Ridgeback and he used to own a real ethereal hiryu that was pretty cool

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen other horses that had original/rare coloring. At one point on ATL, Fel Yew Empath Abby, on the outside of the bank to the north; Mesanna was there with a horse showing what would be the reward for a pvp tournament that was upcoming. We talked for a few min about pvp etc. It was black/red in color. There were a few people there. I forget whether she was dismounted, or dismounted on purpose to show the looks of it. It was killed very FAST. I always felt bad it got killed, was so cool looking! Keep in mind this was many many years ago... @Mesanna Do you remember this? Or am I crazy o_O RIP Cool Horsey... Just another example of lost em pets...

Last edited:

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
Who was it that tamed the event pig with over 10k hit points? It was an error in judgement on the EM - forgetting to set an animal as not tame-able.
I remember seeing it several times in yew and being unable to kill it...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who was it that tamed the event pig with over 10k hit points? It was an error in judgement on the EM - forgetting to set an animal as not tame-able.
I remember seeing it several times in yew and being unable to kill it...

That kind of thing would be delete on sight in anyone paged.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
It was resolved... In a nice fashion, but it totally happened... Just can't grab his name... It's on the tip of my tongue...

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think his name was A-Rod or maybe Lance Armstrong? :bs:

You could have a lot of fun with a beefed up pig like that!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen other horses that had original/rare coloring. At one point on ATL, Fel Yew Empath Abby, on the outside of the bank to the north; Mesanna was there with a horse showing what would be the reward for a pvp tournament that was upcoming. We talked for a few min about pvp etc. It was black/red in color. There were a few people there. I forget whether she was dismounted, or dismounted on purpose to show the looks of it. It was killed very FAST. I always felt bad it got killed, was so cool looking! Keep in mind this was many many years ago... @Mesanna Do you remember this? Or am I crazy o_O RIP Cool Horsey... Just another example of lost em pets...

Yes, it was supposed to be the reward for the pvp champion. An Abyssal War Steed. Abyssal color and same stats as the faction war horse. But she got too busy soon afterwards and just dropped the project all together.

Aside from the 10k pig there was also the 50k Sphinx that was tamed. They were turned back in as well. There were other instances over the years, i.e. EMs creating tamable bosses but forgetting to put the "un-tammable" script on them.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It seems like all of the good things happened when I went off to college and deactivated my accounts for 5 years...

Why don't the EMs do 1 of 1's anymore? Too many cry babies I assume...

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was the original owner of the snow ridgeback AND the void rock. Among a LOT of other unique items....

Funny story that I've never told about how I got ahold of the Snow Ridgeback- I guess the statue of limitations is over @Mesanna ..?? (I hope!)
Anyway- it was during the time they were building out Brit Faigrounds on Catskills and there was a petting zoo. I was running around and saw that there was new stuff showing up at the fairground all the time, and as an old habit, I was randomly trying to pick up everything new they made. There was no door on the stall of the snow ridgeback, so I teleported my tamer in and tried to MAYBE see if he was tamable... He wasn't. But when I was pulling his stats, I double clicked him and LOW AND BEHOLD I jumped right on him without taming him!

I recalled to a low pop town stable and kept him in there for a LONG time before I told anyone or showed them.

My heart was really thumping!

About the ethy pets, I had a reptalon, hiryu and something else I can't remember now. I had a whole stable of weird pets that I sold off at the same time I left the game. Only have an Invasion Imp now. Actually had 20+ Mesanna 1 of 1s. All gone now. But I sold them to folks I really was fond of and knew really loved UO and collecting.

Sorry for the long post- got lots of crazy stuff I've seen over the years. Thought some might like to hear the back story.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their is also atleast one guy who still has a tamed crimson dragon.. I run into him here and there really late at night.
Last time I saw him was about 2 months ago. I ran a couple exodus runs with him and the crimson. The dragon is insanely overpowered, he rips thru exodus like it's a mongbat

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
We start doing a tell all, Mesanna gonna start taking it all away... Be careful what you say... Already had friends lose old items that I thought were grandfathered in since they couldn't be changed any longer - and they were all taken ... Just saying... Don't give any other info...

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We start doing a tell all, Mesanna gonna start taking it all away... Be careful what you say... Already had friends lose old items that I thought were grandfathered in since they couldn't be changed any longer - and they were all taken ... Just saying... Don't give any other info...
This..

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aside from things that let you do things you shouldn't be able to such as the tamed crimson dragon mentioned above, i don't think anything should be considered "illegal" and deleted on site. if a unique pet happens on accident and the only thing that makes it awesome is it's appearance, then congrats on a sweet item. same for other items made through certain exploits like the doggy dupe stuff, they went through and converted all the colored shrouds to monk robes but other items made the same way are perfectly legal aside from the ethy cloaks last i checked, but why is the ethy cloak the only one that is considered illegal? it was made the same way as the others and does nothing special aside from look cool just like the others. there should be a blanket ruleset for these items and not a pick-and-choose one,

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Restless I completely agree. All or none. People cry to much is the reason they try to take it away. Id rather it all be legal...but the fact that some are and some aren't is just stupid.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Decadence You are all good... I was upfront with Mesanna about how I got the Ridgeback and she allowed me to keep it. I messaged her way back when I sold it to you and she said she would attach the id to the new account... If you haven't done that with her, I'd reach out and let her do it. The animal has basic stats, it's not an illegally aquired Crimson Dragon or the like that is over powered... So it isn't altering the game by you owning it.

The reason I jested in my previous post about "statue of limitations" wasn't that the Snow Ridgeback was illegal, it was about telling the story about how i got it...

Anyway - I'm not active anymore - even though I have never stopped paying for my accounts..... I do think it's funny how many people are worried about getting objects deleted. Honesty has ALWAYS been the best policy with Mesanna.

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Decadence You are all good... I was upfront with Mesanna about how I got the Ridgeback and she allowed me to keep it. I messaged her way back when I sold it to you and she said she would attach the id to the new account... If you haven't done that with her, I'd reach out and let her do it. The animal has basic stats, it's not an illegally aquired Crimson Dragon or the like that is over powered... So it isn't altering the game by you owning it.

The reason I jested in my previous post about "statue of limitations" wasn't that the Snow Ridgeback was illegal, it was about telling the story about how i got it...

Anyway - I'm not active anymore - even though I have never stopped paying for my accounts..... I do think it's funny how many people are worried about getting objects deleted. Honesty has ALWAYS been the best policy with Mesanna.
Thank you for clarifying! I almost had a heart attack ^_^ I did message her when I first got it and gave hubby's account name, but she never responded. I should probably email again. Great story on how you got it though =P

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
not to side track, but honesty is not always the best policy. I don't want to delve into that. I just know from personal experience, it doesnt always work. I like knowing the origin of some awesome items! Maybe one day i'll get a selfie with @Decadence to add to my pictures below.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
not to side track, but honesty is not always the best policy. I don't want to delve into that. I just know from personal experience, it doesnt always work. I like knowing the origin of some awesome items! Maybe one day i'll get a selfie with @Decadence to add to my pictures below.
Anytime ^_^

Last edited: