• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do Really Dark Black mares still spawn?

G

Maybe I am not going to the right places but where I go all I see are the lighter hued black mares with short manes. Do long haired Darker mares still spawn?

C

Conrad99

Second LVL Covetous Fellucia, right as you walk in there is one that spawns and after a couple of kills the dark one will apppear. I has seen many of them as of late because I was killing them looking for a "perfect" mare.

G

What do I have to do to get them to spawn kill off the less black ones? Does it matter where I do this?

I

imported_Sarphus

if I'm not mistaken there are 4 shades of nightmares. They seem to have an equal chance of spawning in each color, but I could be wrong.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if I'm not mistaken there are 4 shades of nightmares. They seem to have an equal chance of spawning in each color, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am probably not paying close enough attention to notice the subtle differences between the hues. I gotta get stronger coffee.

G

I'll get over there in the next few days and check it out. I am not in need of a perfect one Any dark one will do me. I hope I have enough room in the stables for another one.

I

imported_Hinotori

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. They have a random chance of having any one of the four horse bodies. The grey horse is the duller of the two short maned ones. The tan horse body seems to have a bit more depth to it's color and I think looks nicer. I prefer the light long maned personally though.

C

Conrad99

I use to seach by Umbra but found that the spawn was slower and you had to seach the grounds more. It was quckier spawn in Fel and easier to find.

I

imported_Hinotori

Forgot to say, I always tame my mares in the Ki-rin passage. I lead the acid ele up the path some then go back and proceed to slaughter all spawning mares I don't want. You do have to deal with the paragons there, but I don't have any problem killing them with my bonded mare I ride in, you should either take a disco tamer or someone else with you probably.

S

SaoirseCat

I also go to the Ki-rin passage for my mares. I have neither discord or peacing to speak of, so I have a mare or unicorn (so long as it's not a paragon) attack it until it's life is low and it's less likely to spell me to death...
No real troubles taming this way.
Doesn't take too long for a good one to spawn.

J

joblackjon

The Ki-rin passage is perfect for Mares. Spawns one at a time. almost instantly and you can see the entire spawn area on a single screen. I don't feel that I waste any time there. Peace gives me time to loot the last kill.