• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do not make dragons go wild

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that the idea behind the ability that dragons won't attack is a GOOD one, but perhaps instead of unbonding EA could try and put in something that basically allows the dragon to go submissive. It won't attack (either command or passive), guard, etc but will follow. So it will just sit there and take damage and creatures attacking it will retarget when damaged.

I hate to see folks losing pets, but I'm COMPLETELY for the rp behind the idea.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Don't bring your Dragon to the battle?"

I play all classes and favor none. I'm fine with line of thinking as tamers have other options but to make the Greater Dragon go wild is total BS.

You know there are players who don't read stratics and aren't current on the do's and don't with the latest changes implemented. I for one would be extremely pissed off if my Greater Dragon went wild on me and lost it and some other guy tamed MY DRAGON. I've spent alot of time finding the 'perfect' dragon and then training it.

Some other option needs to be presented like the Dragon becomes instantly peaced during the entire duration or completely paralyzed or instantly stabled/teleported. I don't know but to make it go wild is definately not right... no two ways about it.

Lastly and a bit OT but with every thread about Greater Dragons I hear NERF.

People leave the game because of NERFs. It needs to stop. Nerf this! Nerf that! Nerf! Nerf! Nerf!

People spend time, alot of time, developing templates and training pets etc only to have them nerfed and they get pissed off about it and leave the game.

I'm all for keeping things balanced but the cries for Nerfing here on stratics are endless and never ending. I don't think I ever come to stratics where there isn't a thread about nerfing something. The reality is nerfing outright pisses people off and they up and leave the game because of it.

So Draconi please put an end to it unless something it totally out of balance.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your dragon should give you a message about it thinking about going wild before it does; or the new dragons just 1 hit killing your dragon.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here we go. I was just waiting for the first complaining tamer.
Simple solution: Don't bring your Greater Dragon to the invasion! There are tons of other useful pets.
I actually witnessed someone's dragon go wild during the Six - down in the bottom of the fan dancer dojo. The dragon "barked" several times, and we were YELLING at the guy to get his dragon out, it would go wild. He chose not to listen, and it turned on him. I am not sure if he managed to get it out before one of us had to kill it (it was attacking us!) or not.

Frankly, he deserved to lose it. He ignored its unhappiness, and he ignored the people trying to tell him to get it out.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think your dragon should give you a message about it thinking about going wild before it does; or the new dragons just 1 hit killing your dragon.
Um, they DO give you a message. There is no way to miss when a dragon "barks" in displeasure ...

F

ForTheOcean

I think it's hilarious that EA gives tamers things like Super Dragons, and you guys are complaining about ONE catch to using them. Be glad that you even have them, they made 80% of you capable of fighting things on your own I bet.

I think it's a great idea. If I end up attending these events, I certainly don't want my screen filled with dragons, whether they are attacking the things or just standing there.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Translated: BAWWWWW tamers can't use an overpowered pet at an event!

Go back to old pets, they do still work you know. Or, you know, you could just not play a tamer.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one who remembers skelly dragons unbonding pets long ago? I think this is a great addition to the event. In fact I would love it if there were more monsters that could influence pets to add a bit more excitement to the game.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Towns under invasion will be fully castable - everything that makes a city a city disappears during the invasion.

You will be able to cast the full range of spells within the city walls.
Watch for me on top of the Brit Library casting EV's. :)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To which I reply: As a Legendary Tamer able to bend creatures wills to mine, calming their wilder influences, and
A legendary tamer has likely lored enough creatures to know that 120 is not the limit of power in the world - just for mere little humans and elves. You (and I) may be a legend amongst mortals perhaps, but there are deeper darker corners of the world where we are simply a little more crunchy.

It would seem we've gone too long thinking we were the top of the food chain :)

C

Cami069

I have a legendary tamer and trained greater dragon but I am not opposed to the dragons going wild if taken to the invasion. When I first began playing a tamer, you couldn't bond your pets at all, nor rez them. If you didn't keep them healed and they died, it was permanent. So then you tamed another and moved on.

As for the invasions themselves ... another massive invasion is, in my opinion, massively annoying.

H

Harb

I have a LG Tamer who I play only as required. In theory, I really want to agree with Dermott, Draconi and those of like opinion. Honestly Sarphus, to your credit and my intellectual dismay, you have a good point. The intent to keep the greaters from dominating an event is noble, bordering on required. But to "poof" a pet that may have required more time to train than many actual characters, is likely to be an extreme point of irritation to some. Yep, reduce resists to 0 if possible opposed to "poofing" them. It serves the same end without the possible irritant. It's a good idea to modify course on this if at all possible.

S

Sarphus

I should mention here that this is the same system used for encounters with The Six.

This means it is not instant.

Dragons being in the presence of the new, intelligent dragons, gradually decays the loyalty of the tamed dragon.

This is announced to the player at each step with a prominent system message.

Additionally, Crimson dragons do not like what they consider to be "weaklings" and you can imagine that your dragons won't last long against them.

We will take steps to ensure that the playerbase is aware of the Crimson and Platinum dragon's effects on other dragons, but the mechanic is core to what these new dragons really are.
Aah... gradual loyalty loss with noticable prompts is probably fine. I just didn't want to see an instant wild effect kinda like how proxy's instant attack instantly kills all pets.

Fair enough.

S

Sarphus

Here we go. I was just waiting for the first complaining tamer.
Simple solution: Don't bring your Greater Dragon to the invasion! There are tons of other useful pets.
My point was that you shouldn't have game mechanics that just release people's pets without warning. As long as there are very noticable prompts to warn a tamer well before his dragon goes wild, that's sufficient.

Basically, if you have a dragon out and a dragon comes out of nowhere, you need to have the opportunity to run away.

If you missed the patch note that your pet will massively lose loyalty, you need to have some other way to know that your pet is at risk.

I still don't like loyalty killing effects, because losing a well farmed pet is roughly equivalent to having your entire suit drop. I can live with it as long as people aren't having their pets go wild without warning.

S

Sarphus

I think that the idea behind the ability that dragons won't attack is a GOOD one, but perhaps instead of unbonding EA could try and put in something that basically allows the dragon to go submissive. It won't attack (either command or passive), guard, etc but will follow. So it will just sit there and take damage and creatures attacking it will retarget when damaged.

I hate to see folks losing pets, but I'm COMPLETELY for the rp behind the idea.
I agree... that ability is a much better way to show the chaos dragon as a dominant dragon without doing permanent damage to people's enjoyment in the game.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should mention here that this is the same system used for encounters with The Six.

Dragons being in the presence of the new, intelligent dragons, gradually decays the loyalty of the tamed dragon.
This may be nothing more than a wording issue.

I have no problem with the first part ...

BUT

I am not aware that my Dragon was decaying in loyalty just because a Member of the 6 was present.

I will go so far as to say I am extremely confident, that once I determined that the 6 member was decaying loyalty, when attacked by my Dragon based pet, I side lined my dragon and cross healed/vet'd the non dragons.

So, this does NOT seem to be the same thing as the 6 encounter, well only to the degree your dragon loses loyalty, which can be a pretty broad pen being used there.

So, if my Dragon based pet is in proximity of these Special Dragons and is NOT engaging them, your saying I will lose them if I do not stable them?

So is this scenario possible, I am minding my own business having fun with my Dragon, recall to a bank / stable because I am logging off, I end up next to an Aggro'd Special Dragon, that munches me in 1 hit. My Dragon goes wild while I am trying to get rez'd and gets retamed?

Is that the intent?

W

Warrior of Time

There is no reason to do anthing more than refuse to attack. No tamer will use a pet that will not attack. Why remove a pet for any reason. A usless pet is like useles armor or weapon. There is no reason to use it. Just make it not attack.

V

Vyrquenox

I think a few of you aren't getting my point.

I'm fine with greater dragons being completely ineffective on the content.

I'm NEVER fine with pets going wild as part of a game mechanic. In short, a game mechanic that makes pets go wild is always going to damage the game as a whole. It's bound to catch someone with their pants down and they will be very upset. People who seriously play tamers also really like the pets they have...

I would be completely fine with all spawns in the invasion content having an "eat your pet" ability like proxysmus (that only works on dragons) even... I just don't want to see people's pets going wild.

This means it is not instant.

This is announced to the player at each step with a prominent system message.

Additionally, Crimson dragons do not like what they consider to be "weaklings" and you can imagine that your dragons won't last long against them.

We will take steps to ensure that the playerbase is aware of the Crimson and Platinum dragon's effects on other dragons, but the mechanic is core to what these new dragons really are.
hmm, so these new dragons are intelligent, which implies the tamed greaters are not intelligent, even at 600+ intelligence, so that means a 150 intelligence wizard is just a drooling blob of ameobic slime.

I wish whoever did art had bothered to make greater dragons look like these.

F

Fink

Am I the only one who remembers skelly dragons unbonding pets long ago? I think this is a great addition to the event. In fact I would love it if there were more monsters that could influence pets to add a bit more excitement to the game.
Or pre-bonding days.. if you lost a pet, you really lost a pet.

I think it's a little presumptuous to go into any event thinking "pet x will simply own". It'd be like me taking my beggar in assuming I can beg the wicked npc's and they'll take pity on my character and leave her alone. Or going in with my macer thinking "If I stand here and bash it good, I'll win".

You just won't know what tactic or stratagem is going to work until you wade into the muck and try it. If you're not paying attention at that point, yes, you might miss some vital clue that's going to matter. Maybe the spawn has an armour ignore or mortal strike type of special move that'll be critical to your defence. It all remains to be seen.

At least in this instance people are being warned, unlike previous events.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And is this sufficient justification to cause some one to lose something?

I am just curious, was there an event, were peoples items, no matter how many points the item had until it broke, broke just because something was present?

How about Acid Ele's etc, break all your items in 20 seconds?

I mean you can be warned that your items are deteriorating.

X

XavierArcanus

I am just curious, was there an event, were peoples items, no matter how many points the item had until it broke, broke just because something was present?

How about Acid Ele's etc, break all your items in 20 seconds?

I mean you can be warned that your items are deteriorating.
If I was warned ahead of time that a mage weapon would break if used in a event, and then during the event I was being warned that it was breaking before it actually broke, then yes, I'm okay with that.

I say mage weapon, because that's a particular type of weapon, just as dragons are a particular type of pet. You are not restricted from using tameables, just a particular type. That's like saying you can't use a kryss, but you can use a dagger.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Or pre-bonding days.. if you lost a pet, you really lost a pet."

Yeah in those days every pet was created equal...you didnt need to spend hours and hours trying to find that pet with the perfect blend of resists/skills and stats. Its tough now days to find REALLY good dragons..Cu's..whatever it may be.

On to another subject. anyone take into account that archers/dexxers are the real heavy hitters? sure a dragon may hit for 80 damage and firebreath for 100 damage (based on monsters resists of course), but its a slow heavy hitter. Now on the other hand you have an archer back there, not getting attacked at all, swinging his bow every 1.25 seconds doing 150 damage +. It seems everyone is SO blinded by tamers that they forget about the big picture and who the heavy hitters are.

I remember when i first started, taming was an easy way to make money and im sure some people are like that now days. Not making these new "bosses" attackable by all is appealing to a small portion of the UO player base.

X

XavierArcanus

Or more clearly, A Horse is equivalent to a Greater Dragon.

Last time I checked, the difference between a Dagger and a Kryss were not ... well a joke.
Are you suggesting that your only other option than a dragon pet is a horse? Feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but that's how I'm reading that comment.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Or pre-bonding days.. if you lost a pet, you really lost a pet."

Yeah in those days every pet was created equal...you didnt need to spend hours and hours trying to find that pet with the perfect blend of resists/skills and stats. Its tough now days to find REALLY good dragons..Cu's..whatever it may be.

On to another subject. anyone take into account that archers/dexxers are the real heavy hitters? sure a dragon may hit for 80 damage and firebreath for 100 damage (based on monsters resists of course), but its a slow heavy hitter. Now on the other hand you have an archer back there, not getting attacked at all, swinging his bow every 1.25 seconds doing 150 damage +. It seems everyone is SO blinded by tamers that they forget about the big picture and who the heavy hitters are.

I remember when i first started, taming was an easy way to make money and im sure some people are like that now days. Not making these new "bosses" attackable by all is appealing to a small portion of the UO player base.
To the first Bold, absolutely true and has been lost in the turn over of players and UO Team members.

To the second Bold, I don't care if they want to exclude a class(s), that is fine

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enigma, there has been a long history of heavy checks against tamers in event content for as long as I can remember. From golems, savages and such to present day. I'm sure there are more I've forgotten about. Each and every time we get a new event spawn I read up about it before heading in, specifically to check my pets will be safe. That's how life is in UO with a powerful template like the tamer.

It's not nice to lose a pet, but there will be warning to prevent that. It's up to the tamer to have the sense to then keep their greater stabled and use something else for the invasion. So others without tamers can have a go. I'm expecting mages to swamp the place with EVs, but that's fair enough. At least the complaints will be about mages and not tamers.

The only other way I can see of preventing greaters from being pulled into the event battles would be to prevent the greaters attacking any spawn or being attacked by it. I'd guess that wasn't implimented because it may only be possible to blanket "peace" all pets rather than just dragons and because it'd involve changing the stats for all the spawn involved at the event.

It does say something about tamers though. This is such a problem because all tamers seem to use the latest "must have" pet at all times. If folks didn't do that, far fewer could accidentally land themselves in trouble at this event. It would've been the same had there been a similar check against cu sidhe at an earlier event. We're that exciting lol :D

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you suggesting that your only other option than a dragon pet is a horse? Feel free to correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but that's how I'm reading that comment.
When we enter into a discussion saying that this difference between things is insignificant, then yeah I am going to reply in kind and say that a Horse, Blue Beetle, Forest Ostard are the next available pet.

Now if you want to abandon the justification, of Oh well, as far as I am concerned all of your pets are equal, then we may be able to discuss the real issue.

X

XavierArcanus

When we enter into a discussion saying that this difference between things is insignificant, then yeah I am going to reply in kind and say that a Horse, Blue Beetle, Forest Ostard are the next available pet.

Now if you want to abandon the justification, of Oh well, as far as I am concerned all of your pets are equal, then we may be able to discuss the real issue.
Where did I say all of your pets are equal?

Your basic statement is that removing dragons as a viable "weapon" is the same as them implementing a mechanic that will destroy a warrior's weapon. My stance is that this is not an appropriate analogy, because they are not removing the ability for you to use ALL of your weapons, just a particular subset of them. A better analogy is that a warrior would not be able to use a particular type of weapon.

Tamers are in fact better off in this analogy, because a warrior would most likely have one weapon he has invested a lot of time/money in, whereas a tamer is more likely to have a more varied portfolio of viable weapons.

So instead of setting up your argument to fail by saying your next available pet to use in this case is a horse, why don't you be realistic and say "Oh yeah, I can use X*, even if there is a decrease in power". Saying anything else is just hyperbole.

* Never been a tamer, so I have no idea what the next best pet to use is.

J

JerryGarcia

im well aware of how non-tamers feel towards tamers being overpowered. (somthing that hasnt changed in the last 11 years suprisingly)

but given that, making ones cherished pet go wild is too much. this should be done differently, simply make the event npcs refuse to acknowledge a players dragon and have the players dragon refuse to assault its brethern and at the most have its loyalty gradually drop each time the player attempts to command the pet to attack said bretheren "eventually" causing the pet to go wild if the player continues his/her actions.

complicated and would no doubt require additional coding, but last i heard ea hired professional programmers...gasp, dare they ask them to do their jobs and create some fresh code?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did I say all of your pets are equal?

Your basic statement is that removing dragons as a viable "weapon" is the same as them implementing a mechanic that will destroy a warrior's weapon. My stance is that this is not an appropriate analogy, because they are not removing the ability for you to use ALL of your weapons, just a particular subset of them. A better analogy is that a warrior would not be able to use a particular type of weapon.

Tamers are in fact better off in this analogy, because a warrior would most likely have one weapon he has invested a lot of time/money in, whereas a tamer is more likely to have a more varied portfolio of viable weapons.

So instead of setting up your argument to fail by saying your next available pet to use in this case is a horse, why don't you be realistic and say "Oh yeah, I can use X*, even if there is a decrease in power". Saying anything else is just hyperbole.

* Never been a tamer, so I have no idea what the next best pet to use is.
The context of my assertion is that people use the best weapon they have, when it is Crunch time.

In that context, then declaring that the Pet Goes Wild as in you will lose it, can in fact be compared to a player having their best items equiped and having those items go poof within 30 seconds or less as that is my memory of how long it would have taken my Dragon to go wild vs the 6 I found wondering in Despise.

As I said, I have no issue in being excluded from an event or a mob, that is pretty much a Skeletal Dragon as going up vs those guys is just pointless. They go through a Greater Dragon like a Hot knife through butter and their loot is pathetic.

I don't even seek retribution masked as equality in saying now make an event for tamers.

The need to make a Dragon go wild, just because there is something in the zone (an exaggeration I am sure) is not the same as excluding me form an event.

And do feel free to make the argument about removing Greater Dragons, if you succeed at that then you won.

Me I will respond to your post in kind, you want to make lecture me about how to present an argument will most certainly be replied to in kind. So your call, make this a lecture about MY (As in a personal attack) information presentation, or keep your worthless (because it is unsolicited and free, setting its value as nothing) 2gp to yourself and stay on the subject, which will NOT be about me. :popcorn:

P

Prince Caspian

I can see the point you are making, but let's face it. You should be able to go get another one... in fact, it should be part of a Tamer's routine to regularly replace his minions, not have a virtually indestructable vassal that allows you to own spawns en masse.

I don't PvP much any more, so I don't have as big a beef about the GDs as most. And I DO know it takes ages of work to get up to GM, but dammit... someone doing the "sicc em"-and-hide routine and mashing a vet macro can take down a monster in seconds that the rest of us dont have a prayer of soloing. Since the pets are outrageously overpowered, perish the thought there may be other challenges for tamers to have to contend with.

D

Der Rock

The special ability for ANY creature in the game to make bonded pets go wild or even unbond is ALWAYS a bad idea.

Even though you have clearly mentioned that ability for platinum and chaos dragons in the patch notes, it will still end up screwing up someone's cherished pet, which is just not acceptable.

Instead, I think you should just make the dragons ignore the resistances on tamed dragons when attacking. Then you don't have to worry about greater dragons being too powerful for the event and you don't have to worry about players coming here and saying "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DRAGON!!!!"

Please, listen to me on this one. I guaruntee you that someone will end up losing a cherished pet and that could easily be enough to make them quit the game.

they should REMOVE tamer- dragons completly from the screen.
i barly cant see anything around if 2 or 3 dragons in the battle.
OR give US an option in the setting to make them TRANSPARENT
thx ;)

S

Sheridan

The need to make a Dragon go wild, just because there is something in the zone (an exaggeration I am sure) is not the same as excluding me form an event.
As you said with your comment about it being an exaggeration, we don't know for sure whether or not Draconi meant losing loyalty by simply being in the area or for actually attacking the crimson dragon. Until we get some sort of confirmation on this, it's a tad moot to be going back and forth like this.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do people actually get attached to UO pets? Do they have personalities or something? LOL!

X

XavierArcanus

And do feel free to make the argument about removing Greater Dragons, if you succeed at that then you won.
I've never said that. Just like I never said all pets are equal.

Me I will respond to your post in kind, you want to make lecture me about how to present an argument will most certainly be replied to in kind. So your call, make this a lecture about MY (As in a personal attack) information presentation, or keep your worthless (because it is unsolicited and free, setting its value as nothing) 2gp to yourself and stay on the subject, which will NOT be about me. :popcorn:
Just more hyperbole, I am not making personal attacks. Debating over the topic at hand is not off-topic by definition, and is not anything personal. If your fundamental argument or analogy is flawed, I'm gonna point it out.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish whoever did art had bothered to make greater dragons look like these.
Because we need the only pet that people ever use anymore to be even bigger and more in the way... Riiiiight.

U

UOKaiser

I can see the point you are making, but let's face it. You should be able to go get another one... in fact, it should be part of a Tamer's routine to regularly replace his minions, not have a virtually indestructable vassal that allows you to own spawns en masse.

I don't PvP much any more, so I don't have as big a beef about the GDs as most. And I DO know it takes ages of work to get up to GM, but dammit... someone doing the "sicc em"-and-hide routine and mashing a vet macro can take down a monster in seconds that the rest of us dont have a prayer of soloing. Since the pets are outrageously overpowered, perish the thought there may be other challenges for tamers to have to contend with.
Not true for 11 years I played dexter,mages,tank mages, archers everything but a tamer untill recently in the last 3 months. And it's definetly not easy button. I say just as hard even harder than playing certain template sjust because for example when it comes to a mage he just got to make sure never to get hit. A dexter could get hit. But when I have that tamer If my character gets reveled which usually happens or monster targets me which alot of these high end creatures do i know that I am soon to be dead. Let alone trying to stay alive to use vet. And If i cant vet or heal my pet it will soon follow me as well. I think that all classes have being nerfed so much that all monsters can rip every class to shreds and looks like you need a monster that is weaker than its wild form to even be able to tangle with other creatures because our characters every template has being nerfed into oblivion.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your fundamental argument or analogy is flawed, I'm gonna point it out.
One points out a flawed point/argument like this.

You are comparing a horizontally balanced set of items, to a vertical, tiered/hierarchical structure and asserting they are the same.

Offensive items have been horizontally balanced, perhaps not perfectly but to within reason.

Pets are not vertically balanced, they are not horizontally balanced. They are a tiered / hierarchical structure.

Discarding special scenarios as the combination's are enormous and reflect more the encounter than the actual item / pet, this is the Pet Structure

The hierarchy part first.

Greater Dragons > Cu > Hiryu > Dread War Horse > White Wyrm > Dragon > Nightmare etc.

This is the tiered part

A tamer has 5 control slots, pets are rated / allocated control slots.

Tier 1: Greater Dragon uses 5 control slots

Tier 2: Cu, Hiryu use 4 Control slots allowing for a combination of pets that use 1 control slot.

Tier 3: Use 3 Control slots, allowing for a combination of pets that use 1 or 2 control slot(s).

Tier 4 Uses 2 Control slots .....

Tier 5 Uses 1 Control slots .....

The concept of Oh well I can't use a Sword so I will use a Fencing is NOT the same as Oh Well I can NOT use a Greater Dragon so I will use a Cu.

In addition, I can have no more that 14 Pets, that is the cap of OWNERSHIP.

What is the cap on OWNERSHIP, as imposed by the game mechanics, that one can have, in regards to Offensive Items? Oh you say, well the max lock downs of their house? Some number that certainly is in the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS?

Now that is how one would rebut some ones assertion. (as opposed to lecturing them on HOW they present their information).

As I said, I dont have any issues with being excluded from an event/encounter, none at all. I do have an issue with my pet being taken from me, simply because some thin in the zone is present.

Now on the other hand I can LECTURE you about how YOUR PRESENTATION METHODS (note NOT what you presented) SUCKS.

So you can choose to stick to the subject or you can lecture me on how to present my information. :popcorn:

As you said with your comment about it being an exaggeration, we don't know for sure whether or not Draconi meant losing loyalty by simply being in the area or for actually attacking the crimson dragon. Until we get some sort of confirmation on this, it's a tad moot to be going back and forth like this.
Your point is taken and I understand.

I believe I have made my point clear.

I will just add this, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

G

galefan2004

The funny thing here is (other than the title of the post...I'd love to see someone make "Dragons Gone Wild") that they took the ability to turn pets wild off of all creatures quite some time ago in a response to tamers losing their pets unfairly.

I would rather see the dragons be unable to attack the dragons in the expansion. Its kind of stupid though that you stop tamers from being able to use their most powerful weapons in their aresenal. Please make any DI weapon over 35% instantly break while hitting these creatures. Make them immune to all special moves. Make them immune to all necromancy spells. Make them immune to slayer weapons. Make them immune to slayer spell books. Make them immune to SDI.

In short, why does EA suddenly feel the need to screw tamers with every event they have and leave melee and caster characters (who don't even need to work 1/2 as hard on their skill sets) rule the roost. Its rediculous and as long as this trend continues I won't bother logging in for any of the "special" events.

G

galefan2004

I imagine the scene:

lots of tamer with dragons that become wild and double the difficulty of the invasion, and lots of npc thieves that steal everything from your backback and run away XD
I imagine myself saying screw it and allowing other people to play the broken content that EA throws at us in the way of events. Here is a hint EA...if you don't want us to use super dragons then don't give them to us. Bards were also designed to be able to provoke, discord, and peacemake so if you don't want them to do that then redesign them. Imagine what would happen if WoW decided to make one of its classes completely pointless in its content. I guess the message is heard more loudly when you have 1 million people yelling at you then when you have 10k though.

G

galefan2004

I almost lost my Greater on the first of the Six, lucky I was paying attention to the message on the screen and withdrew it and changed pets. Had I lost it I would have been very pissed. Still I wish they fix it so that if we take a wrong pet to a battle such as with the Six, simple have the pet REFUSE to fight, and not go wild.
I didn't realise tamers bothered to bring pets to the Six at all after the big EA screw you message. I brought my etheral and simply looted everything on the ground before anyone could get to it because I didn't come in until after it died when everyone couldn't even move. Are we really going to allow EA to try to say the system used with the Six wasn't BOGUS?

G

galefan2004

i like this... now it means that there wont be large dragons all over the towns and getting in the way. Cant say you were not warned. Although I guarantee someone will be on the boards here after the event goes public crying that their dragon went will.
Ahh...thank you for basically saying screw tamers. Now if I still gave a crap about tamers or this game in general I would log on my tamer along with some of my friends and wed go tame greater dragons all day long and come release them for you guys to play with along with the event. Lets see who really complains about dragons gone wild when their are more wild greater dragons than event mobs shall we?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Screw tamers? That's not what's happening here at all... Newsflash: There is more than one type of tamable pet that you can use... What did you use before the addition of greater dragons? Go back to using that.

F

Fink

Justification? I didn't realise the devs needed to plead their case to anyone. They made a decision to make things more interesting than "GD > Spawn ftw". The devs make decisions for "the good of the game" most of the time. I think this minor detail about the invasion that everyone seems fixated on is a good thing, and I guess you don't. You're talking as if you've already lost your pet & they're just warning you.

Don't use a GD and you won't lose it, it's already been spelled out for you. I am just curious, how did you get by before greater dragons? Have you no other pets?

I have a really terrific arachnid slayer weapon that would be useless against the event's reptile spawn, so I don't plan to bring it. Makes sense, doesn't it? It's not like warriors are being excluded because they need to switch weapons for different foes, same goes for tamers.

How about Acid Ele's etc, break all your items in 20 seconds? I mean you can be warned that your items are deteriorating.
Sure, if they spawned uber acid elementals that wrecked your gear, I'd be wary of meleeing them. If I was unlucky and my gear broke, I'd get more gear, simple. Against such a mob I might be inclined to use archery or a pet. It's just a matter of adapting. rolleyes:

E

Evilminion

Wow, I'm rather shocked that there's this much debate on the subject. It seems so easy to just say, "okay, can't use dragons here, I'll bring out something else instead." It would be bad to lose a bonded pet, therefore all my pets of that type stay in the stable.

Personally, as an old and hardcore gamer, I relish anything that mixes up the system a bit. I love having a good, solid in-game reason to explore different tactics, and I'm always up for a real challenge. So again, not merely am I not seeing a problem here, I'm really looking forward to this event.

The only real question, as I see it, is whether there's another pet combination that will work well in the fight, or whether I should bring in a character other than my tamer...

U

uoBuoY

Does anyone remember when Mages couldn't use EVERYTHING in their arsenal at the city events? They screamed unfair and EA changed it. So now the Tamer is not allowed to use EVERYTHING in his arsenal.

What is the difference?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just a matter of adapting. rolleyes:
It is really just a matter of talking past each other not even bothering to talk at each other, so that we can avoid talking to each other. :popcorn:

I made my point clearly earlier. :)