• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do not let the standards of Baja be lowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kiljaedon

I am starting to see a few people coming on the forums trying to start flame wars concerning faction pvp. We have for the most part been one of the most mature and well behaved server’s pvp wise and pvm wise.

Let’s not lower our standards that a lot of other servers seem to spew on the forums. We have gone for ages without a locked thread and it is an embarrassment. I have seen some faces that have been off UO for a long while and would like to have returning players feel that Baja might be a cut above the rest.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail,

Sadly, I have been told by a great number of folks that they do not believe diverse views to be permitted here, let alone welcome.

For those reasons they no longer contribute here.

An SoS

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Their belief is incorrect, all views are welcome, provided those expressing them can do so within the confines of the Stratics rules of conduct that they agree to when creating an account.
Sadly many people feel unable to express a view without the need to attack and insult anyone holding opposing views.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Diverse opinions are what makes discussions so interesting. But once posters start flaming another for their opinion or post with a lack of respect for others then all too often the thread gets reduced to the lowest common denominator and then a moderator has to step in and do their job.

On Baja, with the exception of a few, I have seen people put forth much effort to be respectful of others, in-game and on the forums. This creates an environment where people feel 'safe' to post without fear of being verbally attacked.

I am impressed with the shard's PvP'rs and how they, with the exception of a few, keep the smack talk at bay and treat each other with respect. Typically it is someone new to the shard that attempts to post trolls and typically it doesn't require a moderator to educate that new person that we on Baja don't operate that way. It's usually done by one of their own. Kiljaedon gives a perfect example of this.

We have a very special shard here and gratefully the moderators don't have to step in often. Thank you!

E

elf_biscuit

*DELETE*

Oh, never mind, it's not worth it.

The mods know what I said.

G

Give'R The Onion

"A great number of folks" = you.

Not only are you a shameless plagiarist, unbelievably arrogant and willing to steal other people's characters to satiate your own pitiful need for attention, but it seems you're also a passive-aggressive little whiner. Typical.

ETA: Yes, I did just go against the whole point of this post. You, you stick inextricably in my craw.
I'm not sure this is necessary. Amber Witch said it perfectly in that without opposing opinions, what would be left. I would certainly be bored if everyone did nothing but agree with me. Hell its the complete opposite with my kids but i still go home and play with them everyday. Except my teenager of course, they know everything lol.:twak:

It's like the over excited waiter or waitress that no one wants to see, too much of one thing becomes an annoyance.

K

Kiljaedon

Well there is a difference between ones personal view point and a post intended to flame and antagonize people is distinct. I do not advocate suppressing anyone's opinion. But you can do it in a way without throwing personal insults or immature slang into the fray. That is all.

M

McVie

Hello people, I have a quick question even though this is probably the wrong thread for it. Did Cartel brake up? I have been playing Baja a bit more trying to get my toon here trained up and I have not seen any running around.

E

elf_biscuit

And whatever Elf Biscuit was talking about went over my head. Are you suggesting I steal other people's written work?

No, no, no, I was suggesting that someone else steals other people's written work.

They know who they are.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know Ken. Probably the most interesting post ive seen in the Bajas forums is the locked pvm bashing thread.

Im way to new to the sever to have a clue who these people are or to take any of the "me>you meet me in bucs!" posts seriously. But they are still a fun read!

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvPers should stay in the corner and be seen, not heard.
Oh come come now super ken, lets be real. You and I both know that for some reason, there is not an aggressive bone in your body. You never let me trash talk to H20 when I was in cartel, so you are biased from the start. However, I make posts, and replies to PVPers, and make threads for PVPers. so I talk trash to them. If the pvpers find it offensive that I kill them and call them noobs.. maybe they should put me on ignore in the In game feature... but most people are too ignorant to do that. So i don't see how its any different here. If you see me posting in a PVP related topic, and you are easily offended, or do not pvp... why read it let alone comment on it? :confused:

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this guy Hazbeen… err mat

For the past week I’ve noticed a new face on Baja Stratics Forums. What is with this guy? He registrered just two weeks ago and his posts are all over the place. Now that isn’t anything unusual in itself; what stands out to me is the content and attitude of the posts. Every one screams “look at me, look at me, look at me!!” Not only that but the visuals of his posts are structurally cumbersome. Now I know this isn’t English Composition 101 but common. Psycology, Sociology classes... a 5 page paper? Surely some punctiation principles, sentence and paragraph structure have become an innate part of his writing skills.

Our PvP community and Baja Stratics boards have been relatively civil. The PvP philosophy on Baja has been one which tries to foster a fun playing environemnt through competitive PvP, fair play, and civil discourse. We have, for the most part, been able to PvP with out colossal egos and cantankerous attitudes seeping into the public. From reading his posts, it seems aparant that after a raid or PvP in-game he logs onto these boards to report on his greatness.

It doesn’t matter how good a pvper one is or how little one dies. Respect and credibility in a PvPer is acquired through grace, fair play, and integrity. You used to muzzle this guy SK? A compliment to you. Hazmat reminds me of the kid down the street that toilet papers your house. Annoying and obnoxious but doesn’t represent any real hinderance or threat to your daily routine.

hazmatofbaja

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this guy Hazbeen… err mat

For the past week I’ve noticed a new face on Baja Stratics Forums. What is with this guy? He registrered just two weeks ago and his posts are all over the place. Now that isn’t anything unusual in itself; what stands out to me is the content and attitude of the posts. Every one screams “look at me, look at me, look at me!!” Not only that but the visuals of his posts are structurally cumbersome. Now I know this isn’t English Composition 101 but common. Psycology, Sociology classes... a 5 page paper? Surely some punctiation principles, sentence and paragraph structure have become an innate part of his writing skills.

Our PvP community and Baja Stratics boards have been relatively civil. The PvP philosophy on Baja has been one which tries to foster a fun playing environemnt through competitive PvP, fair play, and civil discourse. We have, for the most part, been able to PvP with out colossal egos and cantankerous attitudes seeping into the public. From reading his posts, it seems aparant that after a raid or PvP in-game he logs onto these boards to report on his greatness.

It doesn’t matter how good a pvper one is or how little one dies. Respect and credibility in a PvPer is acquired through grace, fair play, and integrity. You used to muzzle this guy SK? A compliment to you. Hazmat reminds me of the kid down the street that toilet papers your house. Annoying and obnoxious but doesn’t represent any real hinderance or threat to your daily routine.
ahh correcting me on grammar, and you spell psychology wrong. And yes I post alot, because just like baja, the forums are dead. Hey! Airhaun how about the best 4 of your guild vs the best two of mine? No? I didn't think so. PS if you change your mind... You DO have my ICQ number. otherwise, do not insult me by commenting on my posts.

Oh and for someone telling me my grammar is poor.... Dude I just found like 3 spelling errors... So please don't patronize me if you are going to misspell, "environment"....

And If i knew where you lived I would Toilet paper your house... And as for those kids down the street who do it to you.. They must not like you either...

fair play and integrity? yea! thats what uo is about!
Can I join SI?:grouphug:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good bit of this needs to go into the pvp thread. It's there for a reason. Want to smack talk. Do it there!

*click*

Status
Not open for further replies.