• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do items exist (also from quests) with Smithy and Tailoring points on them ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says it all, do items exist (it is my understanding that it is not possible to imbue crafting skills on jewellery), perhaps even from quests, that have Blacksmithying or Tailoring points on them ?

Thanks.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talismans can give you a bonus to craft percentage, though not a direct +Skill.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it is necessary to have at least 0.1 smithy or tailor skill on a character to claim BODs or bribe, I was hoping to be able to use items rather than have to set 0.1 on a character...
It is not much, I know, just thought I could do without it using any item with some smithy or tailoring skill on, instead...

I tried the Ash hammer, and it does not work. At 0.00 blacksmithying skill holding in hand an Ash hammer does not get the NPC to offer BODs or be up to be bribed.
Did not try with a talisman but I guess they would not work either....

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It seems like you've invested a whole lot of thought into saving .2 skill points and 2GP...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like you've invested a whole lot of thought into saving .2 skill points and 2GP...
It is not for the 0.1 skill, it is more that I hate to mess up the skills of a character to claim BODs...
If the character has to have 0.1 in smithy and tailoring, I either have to soulstone these skills every single time I claim BODs (which can get very annoying...) or I have to have some other skill short of 0.2 because they are into smithy and tailoring....

It looks I have no work around, I just hoped that there could be some item out there, maybe from some odd quest, that could avoid me to have to have 0.2 real skills set up for smithy and tailoring....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very often there is no difference between 120 and 119.8 tactics.
I thought that upon reaching "even" skill numbers like 100.0, 110.0 and 120.0 the formulas gave BONUSES to the application of those skill levels....

Therefore, the impact thanking to bonuses of 120.0 was significantly superior than the mere 0.1 from being 119.9 ................

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That I am aware, all of the bonuses come at 100.0 skill, and these are mostly for the combat skills. There used to be a time where skills had even breaking points. For instance, you used to get 1 MR per 10 skill in meditation. So then having 120 vs 119.9 really did have a difference. In most, if not all, cases this was done away with years ago.

There are still some reasons to have 100.0 in a crafting skill vs 99.9 if you want to mark exceptional items/display a certain title.

In general though, I agree with Corwin that there's no measurable difference between 119.9 and 120 in skills like tactics/anat/resist. Chiv I think there is a threashold at 120 to get the last small piece of bonuses on your DF.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I thought that upon reaching "even" skill numbers like 100.0, 110.0 and 120.0 the formulas gave BONUSES to the application of those skill levels....

Therefore, the impact thanking to bonuses of 120.0 was significantly superior than the mere 0.1 from being 119.9 ................
It's wrong. There are exact formulas for skill effects.

For example, for Tactic:
Tactics Damage Bonus% = Tactics ÷ 1.6 (Add 6.25% if Tactics >= 100)

So you needn't to conjecture - just have a look on a formula.

p.s. There were GM bonuses 15 years ago. Some skills still have a bonus for GM level but most skills were remade (or added later) and lost GM bonuses.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There is a newbie quest in New Haven that gives out a +10 smith hammer with rechargeable uses, but I doubt it would help you to get bods by holding it.