• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do I need Stygian Abyss to train Imbuing?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have only just got back into UO after a couple of years away. I have started making a crafter character and wanted to try this "Imbuing" skill.

It says to train the first 40% skill "Purchase from one of the Gargoyle Artificers standing around the public Soulforge in Ter Mur"

I don't have the Stygian Abyss expansion so cant get there!

Does this mean I cannot train the skill?

Also while on the subject do any other skills go hand in hand with Imbuing?

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you can not even activate the skill of Imbuing unless upgraded to SA.
Imbuing stands alone really, Item Id skill does help tell what a magic item would unravel to though.
Mysticism is strengthened by Imbuing but does not help imbuing at all.

If you get the SA upgrade, you will want to kill things in the Gargoyle lands (abyss, Underworld, Ter Mur) to earn loyalty points for your imbuer to use the Queens Forge (special soulforge that gives a bonus to Imbuing success and unraveling results)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply.

My next question is does anyone know where I can buy a code for the addon?

I'm playing from Thailand at the moment and I cant access the Origin store to buy one.

I was pointed to: PayByCash - Ultima Online™ Game Codes

but they are much more expensive.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you can not even activate the skill of Imbuing unless upgraded to SA.
Imbuing stands alone really, Item Id skill does help tell what a magic item would unravel to though.
Mysticism is strengthened by Imbuing but does not help imbuing at all.

If you get the SA upgrade, you will want to kill things in the Gargoyle lands (abyss, Underworld, Ter Mur) to earn loyalty points for your imbuer to use the Queens Forge (special soulforge that gives a bonus to Imbuing success and unraveling results)
Please note that you can unravel at the Queens SF without the 10k points.

:)