• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do I need 120 healing to Solo?

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
R

RavenWinterHawk

So... is there even 120 healing. Shows you how much I pay attention. I had fun building a suit and seem to do pretty well against Unbound EV's but if I had just a little more healing speed.

Or is it I need to crank up my dex. Going to look in stratics but you all are faster.

found it
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.php

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dex is speed.

Healing/Anat are amount, and chance to cure poison or bleed in the middle.

No you don't need 120 to solo Shame.

-Galen's player

R

RavenWinterHawk

Thanks
Wasted time building a suit when I just need dex.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my sammy has zero healing
keep your resists over 65 your stamina over 160 and keep all ssi off weapons, this lets you have max leeches.

for SSI i use tinker legs and 5 ssi ring.

if your starting from scratch i would say use a fencer as they leafblade is nice and it allows you to to use a crazy shield (mine is 5 steg, 4 int, 4 stam regen, 100 luck, 10 ssi, 35 di, 4 fire)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire - max dci, max hci, stam/mana regin on elemental slayer that swings at 1.25 speed.

I use macing with a weapon that has AI. I chain AI's for 150-170hp each per hit.

They go down pretty easy, just takes a little time given they have 25k hit points or so. No casting skills so just hack and whack.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Finally, I started paying attention to the details. Thanks. Time to construct. It will give me something to do.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having 120 healing and 140 dex for 4 secs heals is nice but way over kill for unbound EVs. I use a dexer with just 110 parry/70chiv/100 anat/90 healing and have never been killed by them(only by someone luring that burning mage on me) Air elemental slayer works on them and lets me get to max damage without having to honor it or enemy of one(less imbue weight on the weapon too).

A

anna anomalous

pretty sure dex has nothing to do with healing time any longer. it's set at a base of 8 seconds regardless of dex.

also, enchanted bandages act as if you have +10 more healing skill than you really do. therefore, using 110 healing and enhanced bandages would act as if you have 120. pretty sure you have to be powerscrolled to 120 to get this effect though.

personally, in pvp, i use 90 healing and enhanced bandages as the healing bonus that 120 provides is very limited. for pvm, 40 necromancy +50 spirit speak > 120 healing. since you can turn into a wraith for mana and cast curse weapon, which heals every time you damage something.

A

anna anomalous

publish 71 notes
*For healers with 80 skill or greater in Healing and Anatomy, at half the Heal Duration for self heals, healing will attempt to remove poison and bleed effects. This will reduce the amount healed when the heal is finished its normal duration.
*Max Heal Duration Reduced to 8 seconds.
*Slip Damage Now Scales based on Dexterity.
*Faction Bandages do not require the healing skill and so function using the old healing methods.

stratics is outdated, as usual.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... is there even 120 healing. Shows you how much I pay attention. I had fun building a suit and seem to do pretty well against Unbound EV's but if I had just a little more healing speed.

Or is it I need to crank up my dex. Going to look in stratics but you all are faster.

found it
UO Stratics - Healing Skill
If you are not a sampire, perhaps imbue Life Leech onto a weapon

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure dex has nothing to do with healing time any longer. it's set at a base of 8 seconds regardless of dex.
This is incorrect. The base healing time was 11 seconds. It was changed to 8 seconds. It still scales down in 1 second increments based on dexterity.

Stratics' chart is outdated as well. It still shows the old 11 second base formula.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

also, enchanted bandages act as if you have +10 more healing skill than you really do. therefore, using 110 healing and enhanced bandages would act as if you have 120. pretty sure you have to be powerscrolled to 120 to get this effect though.

personally, in pvp, i use 90 healing and enhanced bandages as the healing bonus that 120 provides is very limited. for pvm, 40 necromancy +50 spirit speak > 120 healing. since you can turn into a wraith for mana and cast curse weapon, which heals every time you damage something.

incorrect

A

anna anomalous

it is set at 8 seconds. just didn't know it can scale still. as usual, patch notes are cryptic and doesn't mention full detail.