• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do halbards and bardiches benefit from lumberjacking?

A

anna anomalous

since they are not under the blacksmithing menu for 'axes' i'm going to say no, but i could be wrong. i know 'war axe' is in the axes menu and doesn't benefit from lumberjacking.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought they took away the lumberjacking bonus from axes a long time ago? Did they reinstate it or is something different from what I'm thinking?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
War axe doesn't get it because it's a fencing weapon.
To the best of my knowledge, no, halberds and bardiche are not axes - you can't chop trees with them :D

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
War axe is macing.

Bardiche and Halberd are pole arms.

None of them have lumberjacking bonus.

Used to be able to chop wood with a halberd though, not tried it in a long time.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet you can skin rabbits and pluck feathers with an axe... :)

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread Hijack: There should be an extra damage bonus for macing as well. Maybe blacksmithing and their use of hammers.

T

tiggertessa2007

Excellent hijack... LOVE this idea (macing forever!)
Id love to see mace weapons demolish armor again. i remember back in the Vanq Q-Staff days seeing people like Drunk Monk beat the armor clean off people, it would just poof!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id love to see mace weapons demolish armor again. i remember back in the Vanq Q-Staff days seeing people like Drunk Monk beat the armor clean off people, it would just poof!
I would love to see that too,but it wont happen. We have become too spoiled with insurance to be willing to pvp a mace fighter.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lumberjacking use to give a bonus damage to Halberds, Bardiche's & War Axes along with all the normal 2handed Axes, as of now i'm not sure if it still does or not.

The damage bonus isn't high enough to really notice much a benefit, it seems to be +1-2 damage hits (25-27)approximately to people in all 70s resist, with an ornate axe 100% damage inc, 120 tactics/anatomy & 150 str.

there is a proc chance to LJ to give you double damage bonus (30-60% not double weapon damage), but its hard to notice it go off and it's a low chance 10% i think...

Macing weapons still do break armor/shields faster than swords, archery, & fencing. its more than likely the fact Items have more durability now than they did back when you couldn't tell the exact amount it had, you used to only get an idea of how durable your item was, through Arms Lore skill.

2h melee weapons need re-balancing on base damage imo.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago you could use a halberd to chop trees and it did get a lumberjacking bonus , not sure if you can any more

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2h melee weapons need re-balancing on base damage imo.
2h used to be good vs heavily armored foes, because under pre-aos ruleset, AR would give a FLAT damage reduction. Post-AOS, we have resistances, which give a PERCENTUAL damage redution.

Heavy (2h) weapons used to have similar or even lower DPS than faster weapons, but they made up for this with their high damage per swing, which suffered much less from damage reduction than the fast weapon that delivered tiny amounts of damage per swing.

I say bring back flat damage reduction on both monsters, as well as metal armor. Right now leather > plate, which is a bit odd...

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say bring back flat damage reduction on both monsters, as well as metal armor. Right now leather > plate, which is a bit odd...
And platemail requires a much higher strength level than studded and regular leather.For what benefit? Not much in base resists,that can be easily overcome with imbuing.

S

Sevin0oo0

Heavy (2h) weapons used to have similar or even lower DPS than faster weapons, but they made up for this with their high damage per swing,
I used to love those big bangers. I don't even bother anymore since I regularly 'whif' 5 (or more) times in a row - can you imagine a 'hit' every 15-20sec? dirt-nap

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Halberds, bardiches and war axes have never had the lumberjacking bonus.