• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do Armor Set Parts spawn on...

P

PixelPusher

...Thrashers? Killed 100's of the things and never seen a drop. Has anyone ever gotten parts from them? Theoretically, it's a Named ML critter, so it should drop...

C

Cowgoesmoo

Never seen one on him but even if they did it would only be the common ones that you can find for next to nothing on vendors these days...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they can. The odds are just astronomically high.

S

SilentFoxXy

...Thrashers? Killed 100's of the things and never seen a drop. Has anyone ever gotten parts from them? Theoretically, it's a Named ML critter, so it should drop...
In a nutshell

YES

They spawn on ALL ML named , and DOOM/ Various Other BIG Bosses (Peerless??, IE- Grizzle Parts ONLY drop on Grizzle...etc).

I seem to get best results either on DF, (Have had complete sets in the space of 2 or 3 days), and on Swoops, Ive had several low end parts there.

C

Connor_Graham

All of the named ML monsters have a chance to drop the armor set pieces, however, only the Peerless bosses, Dark Father, recently Melissa, and formerly the Shadowlords, have/had a chance to drop the rare pieces to each set.

P

PixelPusher

I seem to get best results either on DF, (Have had complete sets in the space of 2 or 3 days), and on Swoops, Ive had several low end parts there.
Man I hate you... ;)
In the 6 months that I've been back, I've been to Doom many, many times, stayed for hours almost everytime and so far I have only gotten the quiver.
Don't know why, but they just don't seem to drop for me.
Oh well, I'll get that Assassin set together one day! :D

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never seen one on him but even if they did it would only be the common ones that you can find for next to nothing on vendors these days...
How do you know which are common, and what they drop on? Like on that UO guide site, it says certian set peices only drop on certian monsters; but I know that is false, because I've gotten set peices off some things that aren't "supposed" to drop it.

H

Harb

PixelPusher, Thrasher can drop set items, or at least could at one time. I got a pair of common gloves from it some time ago. I have been back since, most recently a couple months ago, but akin to your results didn't see another piece, despite spending a few days with Mr. T. One thing to remember is that set items don't "pop" in your backpack, you have to loot the corpse. Accurate comments regarding set drops are already in the thread, I won't repeat em.