• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Divine Visitation

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lord Elladan stood near the Hearth gazing into the Fire and embraced the warmth of the Fire washing over Him. "Diplomacy ..." he spat the word aloud! None save Paladins should ever have been allowed to serve upon the Royal Council ... He thought to Himself. The uninitiates could scarcely comprehend "Rule of Law," Truth, and the Honor required in following and obeying one's Oath, let alone adhere to these.

Looking across the room, His eyes settled upon Sir Roland and it was clear He was about to speak. "MiLord, are you calm now? May you tell me what hast Thou in such a dark mood?"

The smallest hint of a forced smile flashed briefly upon His face and Sir Roland knew none save He could even have noticed. "Ah Roland, so many of them seem to have no understanding of the positions they hold. For the first time in the History of Sosaria Citizens elected by the People, hold the Crown and the Realm literally in their Hands. All that they do forms lasting precedent. If they falter and follow not The Charter that shall be their Legacy. And unlike Casca who was controlled by others, these risk abandoning the Law by misunderstanding, willful blindness, or deliberate corruption. Some take far to lightly the Trust placed upon them and the import of any violation of The Charter.

The Charter is that which we asked the People to adhere to. They willingly gave their assent. I placed the Charter before them and explained its meanig both plain and clear. Still some will not or cannot see. We have the Authority within the existing Charter to replace Captain Jenkins and Lady Charlotte by that manner and method we choose. Also, no time limit forces their replacement immediately where Wisdom and Prudence may dictate well reasoned choice. To wander outside The Charter would be our undoing ..." the last few words spoken slower and slower till now Lord Elladan sat transfixed. "MiLord, MiLord!!" I Shouted. Clearly it was not my voice He heard any longer ...

[Elladan] ... the Voice touched me from every direction both from without and from within ... "Hear am I" I ... did I speak or merely think the reply? [Be Calm My child] ... instantly I relaxed and Peace and Joy filled my soul. [Even as I Called Thee from your path of blood and death, I Call Thee now to a New Path My child ... Thy Spirit is in need of Refreshing and the Monastery needs Thy attention ... Settle Thy temporal obligations and prepare Thyself for Immersion]

The Voice was gone and Sir Roland was shaking me with increasing intensity ... Elladan, Elladan, he shouted! As my eyes fixed upon his he quieted and released my shoulders. "Be at ease Roland, my Dear Friend and Companion. I am allright. In fact I am far more than well. I have been blessed with a Visitation old Friend. There is much to be done and little time for the doing."