• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dispel evil Question

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used dispel evil in the past for the Reverents and dont remember it ever taking me out of stone form. Last night I was on with my mystic macer and used dispel evil and I got a message that you have been purged or something to that effect and I went from stone form to human form. Is this an intended change. And yes I know that there is a mystic spell Purge magic. I know I did not cast that because I was still holding my weapon and shield that are not spell channeling. I also dont have any hot keys setup for that spell.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Were you in fel? Someone could have used a ward removal tally on you.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you Negative Karma? Only thing i can think of would be that Stone Form is falsely flagging as a Necro Form, and your own Dispel Evil is adversely affecting you when you cast Dispel Evil within Stone Form. Although, Dispel Evil is only supposed to deal Stamina and Mana Damage to Necros within Form, not actually pop them out of form.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope was in doom.
I'm probably wrong but I think some levels of Liches, and possibly Devourers of Souls, have the spell that will remove buffs (like stoneskin). I've had it happen to me before but it's been so long that I can't remember what did it!

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also if you accidentally attacked a colossus, they will purge magic as well. I'm always getting knocked out of vamp or wraith form when I hit an alliance members colossus on accident. I really don't think dispel evil will do it. But you could always try it again and see if it does it again.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could have been the Devourers of Souls, I didnt know they could do that