• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disney has got to be joking...

• Thread starter Fangs McWolf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fangs McWolf

The poll on the right side:
What's best about Independence Day?
  • Fireworks
  • Picnics
  • Seeing Family
  • Eating contests
  • Other

I suppose "Celebrating our freedom" would fall under "Other"? What about recognizing the sacrifices of our forefathers to give us the freedom we have and the other historical events that all happened on July 4th? Doesn't that count for anything?

Don't get me wrong, I love the fireworks. :D Just that it's a bit of an insult to totally ignore what the day is about.

S

soupandquackers

Well you have to think toontown is mostly made for kids so they most likely wouldnt vote for that anyways.

L

Little Sadie

I imagine Disney expects everyone to celebrate it the way they want. Disney does the same thing in their parks for many holidays. Because there are so many people from all over the world, they just put out the superficial stuff, ie: Christmas decorations but no real religious theming, no celebration of Easter, and so on. It doesn't offend me in the least to just have fireworks on TT. I think they are fun and it is just a game. I don't think they need to make a statement, but of course it is all opinion.

F

Fangs McWolf

I imagine Disney expects everyone to celebrate it the way they want. Disney does the same thing in their parks for many holidays. Because there are so many people from all over the world, they just put out the superficial stuff, ie: Christmas decorations but no real religious theming, no celebration of Easter, and so on. It doesn't offend me in the least to just have fireworks on TT. I think they are fun and it is just a game. I don't think they need to make a statement, but of course it is all opinion.
Gotta keep in mind though, that July 4th, aka Independence Day, is a United States holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love the fireworks as much as the next kid-at-heart, even in the game (which is oddly fun). Just that for the voting, they could have included something related to the real meaning of it.

B

Bumbledogswirls

Disney isn't patriotic. What is so surprising about that? I don't think they give a rip.

S

soupandquackers

If they arent patriotic then why do they sell the american flag shirt?

P

Pinky Pepperpow

i thought they had different servers for foreign players that couldn't speak english? with other languages like french and german? I agree with fangs. The game is psychologically designed to help teach children to share, save money, budget wisely, get along with others, work for rewards, and work as a team, etc. There is a definite educational factor in this design. I would think they'd have something a little more educational in the survey as well...at least an option that states

. the meaning, or
. patriotism
. history of US

something to that effect.....although, it doesn't really bother me much either way.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my understanding, the different countries have differet billing and login servers, but once logged in we all go to the same servers to play.

G

Guildmule

I can understand the Brits complaining about Independence Day. :gee:

I think Toontown is for children that are really too young to study American History.

The only thing I want to complain about the list is that they left out BBQ-ing in the back yard. :mf_prop: