• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disguise Kit - Animal Form

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently while using a disguise kit, you cannot cast animal form. Whenever I try it says "You can't do that while disguised". Has it always been like this? If so, why even use a disguise kit when you can't make a quick get away?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently while using a disguise kit, you cannot cast animal form. Whenever I try it says "You can't do that while disguised". Has it always been like this? If so, why even use a disguise kit when you can't make a quick get away?
Always been this way. Unfortunate indeed :-(

It never worked for polymorph either and animal form is a different form of polymorph. I imagine that the reason it isn't allowed is due to a bug that might occur when combining disguise kit with polymorph/animal form since they both affect the character. Reason I imagine this is because this is UO, a game with an incredibly old coding system where one little change could affect a big portion of the game, lol. Would be nice if it worked but they would probably have to re-work the spells/abilities a bit to make it bug-free.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't know that. I haven't played my thief in years so I thought I'd bring him out for something different. Guess I won't be using disguise kits.