• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) (Discussion) Expedition?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, for the last few weeks I've been mulling over an idea for an old school, fully role played, expedition to explore the new lands when the expansion comes out.

Obviously this wouldn't be for everyone. It would be conducted (as much as we can) in character. I'm thinking over 2 or 3 nights (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday?), camping/eating/talking whatever during the in game nights, spending the in game days exploring the new lands, gathering the new resources etc etc.

Sure. It's nothing you can't do on your own much quicker. But this isn't just about looking around the new areas. It would be equally about a solid, old school, role playing experience like from the the heyday of Grd, BoC, -V-, DoT and countless other guilds that are sadly no longer with us.

So yeah. This thread is just to talk about the idea really and see who is interested etc. Once we know numbers (if anyone is even interested) and the release date of the expansion, we can talk about finalizing things.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to get in on this - my RP characters have been sadly neglected for years, they're due some attention!

Reactions: Vor

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could mebbe be organised at the daily meeting?

As an intro to RP for the RP virgins amongst us?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good idea Barion. Will bring it up Saturday.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill be up for this :) Been a while since i RP'd properly. Would we be allowed to wear magic armour etc?

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a good expedition - but I'm not sharing a bed roll with anyone!

Reactions: Vor

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
meees eben wood tries to make dis
wees had a cattle drive to feeds Cove, was funz. More peoples got lost din cows laufs
Ozog Giantfart

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give me enough notice to DL the current client and get UO patched and I would love to pop along for some of this. Great idea. Truly fabulous :)

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sky Captain says: IS THERE A TENTATIVE DATE FOR PUB 90 RELEASE?
Mesanna says: YES WE ARE SHOOTING FOR 29TH OF SEPTEMBER
So it looks like the release date is 29th of September. How long after release do you guys think we should give it before running this RP expedition?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking at least a week after launch. Say Tuesday the 6th & Wednesday the 7th of October? Let bugs settle down etc?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe have a pre look on test shard for a evening... easy to do a character copy to test shard... maybe o for a couple hours sneak preview?? one evening

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a Side note .....wonders what the Elusive server births will be this time... not that normal folks will get a dibs on them ... was the amazing flamestrike holes i believe for SA?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs now announced that the expansion will be published on Europa on October 8th.
(29th is just Origin/Izumo)

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. How's Tuesday the 20th sound for folks? Gives us about ten days for any bugs to settle down, folks to get patched up etc.