• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discussing Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My last mage is a parry mystic, has 830 total skills points with 45 HCI and DCI, it has 38 SDI just by default. You make it so I don't need parry anymore, and mystic has 30 SDI, I could switch out parry and wrestling for swords and tactics and have a full 30 SDI mystic tank mage.

Sounds total balanced man.

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alchy is fine once double conflags is changed should not be removed from focus spec....30 sdi on all mage temps..thats a really really bad idea lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am not very keen on the 1.5 swing speed cap for ranged weapons thing, entirely for PvM reasons (why should my weak repeating crossbow shoot at 1.5s only? :p), but if you really consider going that way, it is possible to make the pill easier to swallow for us PvMers by changing the hit leech properties on ranged weapons to be 75% of the cap for melee weapons instead of 50% that it is right now. Even if you don't chance the cap, can you do that, pretty pretty please with sugar on top? My archers will be very happy with that change. :p

But, to me, after reading through all the replies so far, it looks like that the core of the problem with ranged weapons is one:
Moving shots with composite bows.
Well, make the composite bow a 4.5s weapon with the damage of a 4.5s weapon, put a hefty HCI penalty at moving shot and you should lessen this problem in PvP.
No more heavy hitting 1.25s moving shots for archery. The repeating crossbow has that special too, but it is much weaker than the composite bow, doesn't have AI to go with it and has a 7 tiles range rather than 10 tiles range of the bow.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am not very keen on the 1.5 swing speed cap for ranged weapons thing, entirely for PvM reasons (why should my weak repeating crossbow shoot at 1.5s only? :p), but if you really consider going that way, it is possible to make the pill easier to swallow for us PvMers by changing the hit leech properties on ranged weapons to be 75% of the cap for melee weapons instead of 50% that it is right now. Even if you don't chance the cap, can you do that, pretty pretty please with sugar on top? My archers will be very happy with that change. :p

But, to me, after reading through all the replies so far, it looks like that the core of the problem with ranged weapons is one:
Moving shots with composite bows.
Well, make the composite bow a 4.5s weapon with the damage of a 4.5s weapon, put a hefty HCI penalty at moving shot and you should lessen this problem in PvP.
No more heavy hitting 1.25s moving shots for archery. The repeating crossbow has that special too, but it is much weaker than the composite bow, doesn't have AI to go with it and has a 7 tiles range rather than 10 tiles range of the bow.

I think the hci penalty is adequate.
The composite moving shot base is really around 20-25. Not including hit spell.

We don't want to nerf it to where it is completely useless.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
None of what you have listed will open up more templates; it will only further push the competitive player base into a select number of templates.

1. Archery doesn't need to be addressed unless you are taking a hard look at parry. I agree with most of what @CovenantX and @King Greg are saying in regards to Parry, but I would rather see a buff go to non-parry users; I.E. tank mages or mage weapon mages or non-ranged dexxers. If you gave them a higher DCI cap like 55 as an example, they would have roughly 60% block rate. In today's suits this should be fairly easy to hit so it wouldn't make the template out of the question.
  2. Reducing Ranged swing speed is a horrible idea because it will directly effect PVM. Reducing base damage will do the same. Both are bad ideas and to be honest, I REALLY do not want to hear people like @MalagAste come in here and blame the PvPers. We need to start bringing back synergy between tram and fel, not further separating it.
  3. The focus vs non-focus templates is archaic. The sdi cap should be 30. How is it a solid idea to allow mages to further be nerfed in their DPS while mele and ranged are not? (please do not state that you are going to reduce Swing Speed and Ranged Dmg because that would be a HORRIBLE idea).
  4. Corpse and Curse should not stack, but there should not be an over cap anymore. Corpse should reduce Fire/Pois by 15 from 70. Curse should act as it currently is.
  5. If you are really fixing double conflag now, you better add an alchemy mastery because the double conflag was a saving grace when fighting outnumbered.

If you are really wanting to open up more templates you need to take a hard look at WHY mages and dexxers have been pigeonholed. Here are a few ways to open up templates:
  • Get rid of focused buff/debuff. Allow anyone the ability to achieve 30sdi
  • Allow toggling a special while casting
  • Allow overcapping of the hard cap of DCI for non-parry users. Like I said earlier, 55 dci would give them roughly 60% block rate.
  • Make HLD go back to 25, this would balance out a parry user against a non-parry user and the new over capping of dci
Double conflags were never intended and are the abuse of a bug.

HLD to 25 will pretty much wreck every template that doesn't have parry.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol this is hilarious.

Some cant accept that some templates are maybe better than another.

And due to that the devs need to Start ruining the game instead of simplly fix the stacking of curses.

I mean its like u complain to your enemy After you brought a knife to a Shooting that a gun is mit Fair.

There is No need to ruin archery.

@Bleak stop stacking curses and give moving shot hci Penalty Plus Double Mana cost. This would at least make Sense as its harder to Hit someone while riding at full speed

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the hci penalty is adequate.
The composite moving shot base is really around 20-25. Not including hit spell.

We don't want to nerf it to where it is completely useless.
I really don't think just an HCI penalty is going to be enough. I think that plus removing elemental damage from all weapons is the way to go.

That way archers alone aren't really getting nerfed at all, it will only effect the interaction of archers with mages or neceos assisting them.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I really don't think just an HCI penalty is going to be enough. I think that plus removing elemental damage from all weapons is the way to go.

That way archers alone aren't really getting nerfed at all, it will only effect the interaction of archers with mages or neceos assisting them.
Removing elemental damage from weapons would hurt PvM way more than the 1.5s cap on ranged weapons. :(
Double strike is a strong tool on PvM and it relies heavily on 100% elemental damage.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Effect on Both PVM and that suits can have insane RPD makes this beyond unreasonable

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Small steps buddy, small steps.

Let's make that tweak and see how it goes.

It's enough of a nerf to make it competitive to templates with no parry.

Removing elemental damage from weapons? Are we reducing the amount of templates now?

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Effect on Both PVM and that suits can have insane RPD makes this beyond unreasonable
Didn't know it mattered in PVM, RPD is a fair point.

The only thing I can think of the lowers the damage that doesn't effect PVM is a hard cap on running shot. Maybe -HCI would work, dunno.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OR you could increase the mana needed by more on each subsequent running shot.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Folks -

Just a public reminder: please do not mention unapproved third party programs in your discussion. There is a good discussion going on here and I would prefer to not have to delete posts that run afoul of this rule. The RoC is still in effect regarding this.

Thank you.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wonder, should I even bother arguing this one? Every time I argue something on stratics, they always do the opposite. I always get trumped by morons like Goldberg who once spent months arguing that mage weapons are OP just what? 3 years ago? Even though shortly after everyone started playing wrestle parry mages. Until the developers start listening to pvp'ers that know mechanics more than they do, this game will always be doomed to decay. For every 1 pvper that knows what he's talking about, there's about 5 idiots that are going to focus on one specific detail, like "BOLA'S DON'T MISS THEREFORE THEY ARE OP" and completely disregard the big picture. It's the same people that think they know game mechanics, but every time they get outplayed, they'll blame cheats or items (like novas). Unfortunately, you don't have to be good to have an opinion, and idiots think alike. Unfortunately, this community is full of idiots.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry needs to be slowed down. Remove curse should not be faster than 2/6.

Make holy fist a focus spec as well and have the damage scale to be 35 maximum when the target is actually cursed. a 33/35 damage spell that is as fast as a mindblast and does not need a curse is pretty absurd- 35 damage is more than a 30% sdi mage explosion or energy bolt after a target is cursed. Adding masteries was a bad idea but they should at least have a little thought to them. Also, what genius came up with an uninterruptible heal to full life every hour?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
4/6 chivalry Remove Curse vs 2/6 Curse....
1.5s cast at 4/6 (holy-fist) = up to 35 damage. (~before & after curse)
1.5s cast at 2/6 (lightening) = up to 14-16 to 18-22 damage (before & after curse)
1.5s cast at 2/6 (greater heal) = heals 47-57 (@120 magery)
Looks pretty balanced to me, considering there are many many more spells that are easily paired in the magery book.... vs what chivalry + mastery has.

Once an hour heal-to-full spell huh... Sure, it should be interruptible.

I don't see how Chivalry is a problem...especially when healing potions heal 35-48 which is also uninterruptible up to once every 10seconds for only 100.0 skill....
Combined? sure, yea that might be overpowered.... but that's not Chivalry.

Let's stick to the real issues.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give 30 sdi MAGERY to everyone regardless of skills. Save 30 sdi mysticism and necro for focused play styles. But people should be able to choose these skills to compliment their builds. You'll start seeing bokuto/ninja/necro/mystics. All of these will become relevant.

Limit moving shot to physical damage only. The biggest reason archery is insane is because it is often times coupled with curse for 30+ dmg moving shots + hit spell.

These are the two biggest stepping stones for balancing and diversifying PvP. After these two, you can start looking at awful restrictions and associations such as tactics+anat to evasion, 300 combat, etc.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder, should I even bother arguing this one? Every time I argue something on stratics, they always do the opposite. I always get trumped by morons like Goldberg who once spent months arguing that mage weapons are OP just what? 3 years ago? Even though shortly after everyone started playing wrestle parry mages. Until the developers start listening to pvp'ers that know mechanics more than they do, this game will always be doomed to decay. For every 1 pvper that knows what he's talking about, there's about 5 idiots that are going to focus on one specific detail, like "BOLA'S DON'T MISS THEREFORE THEY ARE OP" and completely disregard the big picture. It's the same people that think they know game mechanics, but every time they get outplayed, they'll blame cheats or items (like novas). Unfortunately, you don't have to be good to have an opinion, and idiots think alike. Unfortunately, this community is full of idiots.
Well then, Bane, since you CLEARLY know game mechanics better than anyone else, perhaps you could offer solutions instead of (deservedly or not) calling people idiots. Considering how smart you are, surely your solutions would be the best for the game.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give 30 sdi MAGERY to everyone regardless of skills. Save 30 sdi mysticism and necro for focused play styles. But people should be able to choose these skills to compliment their builds. You'll start seeing bokuto/ninja/necro/mystics. All of these will become relevant.

Limit moving shot to physical damage only. The biggest reason archery is insane is because it is often times coupled with curse for 30+ dmg moving shots + hit spell.

These are the two biggest stepping stones for balancing and diversifying PvP. After these two, you can start looking at awful restrictions and associations such as tactics+anat to evasion, 300 combat, etc.
Nothing is wrong with SDI the way it is now. All the duel mage classes and hybrid mage templates are still offensively relevant. The main reason they aren't played is because you can't fit all that extra skill and have the manditory parrying you need to stay alive.

Everyone plays a boring pure mage because that's the easiest way to still have offense and fit parrying.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing is wrong with SDI the way it is now. All the duel mage classes and hybrid mage templates are still offensively relevant. The main reason they aren't played is because you can't fit all that extra skill and have the manditory parrying you need to stay alive.

Everyone plays a boring pure mage because that's the easiest way to still have offense and fit parrying.
No, none of those are fine. You're absolutely insane if you think otherwise. None of those templates output close to the same damage as a 30 SDI mage. You invest all these skill points into a bokuto parry mage/necro/whatever and it falls short defensively and OFFENSIVELY when compared to a parry scribe mage.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/6 chivalry Remove Curse vs 2/6 Curse....
1.5s cast at 4/6 (holy-fist) = up to 35 damage. (~before & after curse)
1.5s cast at 2/6 (lightening) = up to 14-16 to 18-22 damage (before & after curse)
1.5s cast at 2/6 (greater heal) = heals 47-57 (@120 magery)
Looks pretty balanced to me, considering there are many many more spells that are easily paired in the magery book.... vs what chivalry + mastery has.

Once an hour heal-to-full spell huh... Sure, it should be interruptible.

I don't see how Chivalry is a problem...especially when healing potions heal 35-48 which is also uninterruptible up to once every 10seconds for only 100.0 skill....
Combined? sure, yea that might be overpowered.... but that's not Chivalry.

Let's stick to the real issues.
35 damage uncursed for that cast time.... not comparable. lol.

They should remove 4/6 casting for all classes. Period.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
35 damage uncursed for that cast time.... not comparable. lol.

They should remove 4/6 casting for all classes. Period.
It's comparable when your G-heal spell heals more than the mastery does. for half the skill points required =D

...Edit: and half the FC... . .... ..

Last edited:

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's comparable when your G-heal spell heals more than the mastery does. for half the skill points required =D

...Edit: and half the FC... . .... ..
For one, no a G Heal does not heal more than a mastery. For two if you want to make comparable heal times and damage- look at mini heal and close wounds.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For one, no a G Heal does not heal more than a mastery. For two if you want to make comparable heal times and damage- look at mini heal and close wounds.
I was referring to.
G-heal healing for 45+ vs holy-fist at 35 damage. both have the same cast time, but thats the only spell chivalry has that really is at all useful as an offense. and it's Not possible to do 35 damage holyfist without investing Weapon skill + Chivalry (up to 240.0)

Magery = 120 skill for heals 240.0 for both healing & offense.

but if you want to compare the Chivalry mastery healing spell to g-heal..... the cooldown between the two is more than enough to where chivalry isn't "the/a" problem

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No, none of those are fine. You're absolutely insane if you think otherwise. None of those templates output close to the same damage as a 30 SDI mage. You invest all these skill points into a bokuto parry mage/necro/whatever and it falls short defensively and OFFENSIVELY when compared to a parry scribe mage.
Have to agree with Chad here. I've been arguing this for years- but there were always people that thought Mysticism was still OP and that Necromancy was relevant in the open field. These are the same people that complain that Supernova Potions are OP when half of them don't even use regular potions.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The combination of 30 SDI spells plus spell plague and sleep on one character is obviously stronger than just a character that can cast 30 SDI Margery spells.

The reason focused mages were added was to try to increase template variety. And it did, it added one class (and some subclasses) of pure mages.

You give everyone 30 SDI and every single mage will be a mystic.
My last mage is a parry mystic, has 830 total skills points with 45 HCI and DCI, it has 38 SDI just by default. You make it so I don't need parry anymore, and mystic has 30 SDI, I could switch out parry and wrestling for swords and tactics and have a full 30 SDI mystic tank mage.

alchy is fine once double conflags is changed should not be removed from focus spec....30 sdi on all mage temps..thats a really really bad idea lol.

I guess I didn't clarify on the 30SDI cap. What chad stated is entirely what I meant. 30sdi to Magery spells only. @Bleak tagged for clarification

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

And why don't you do that? How has your mystic mage been doing in the field? The fights I have been involved in against you with my limited playing time have given me an idea of it's effectiveness, but I would love to hear your thoughts on how it has been going for you.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These are the same people that complain that Supernova Potions are OP when half of them don't even use regular potions.
Oh, what soup? :D

I'll say...Potions aren't really OP, it's more so how Alchemy effects them that makes them "OP".
I'll leave it at that for now.

I'd rather see what your suggestions are to bring viability back to more templates.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
First there needs to be a hard cap on EP, alchemy is a crafting skill not a pvp skill.
Second Ranged weapons need a swing speed cap plus add the lower hci buff back to moving shot like it had before.
Third Holy fist SDI should have a pure template setup like the rest of casting abilities, (i.e cant run bush, weaving or other casting abilities and still keep max holy fist damage. Chivalry is meant for paladin templates not mass hybrid, don't make it straight karma based.
Parry pure mages also need a slight nerf, parry chance with just anatomy is way too high, should be around 25 percent instead of 33.

Also I have tested the melee curse corpse template and if everything procs on wep, I can do well over 100dmg a swing. Probably shouldn't make them stackable, at least not that low. 55 resist seems more fair then 45.

And yes this is all based on 1v1 pvp.

Side Note:-- Bug with chivalry still exists, where you can spam holy light while holding a holy fist precast!! This needs to be fixed asap
1. Alchemy OP?
2. Holy Fist should do more damage?
3. Parry mages need to be nerfed?

Man are we playing the same game? Lol

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The other thing that always happens when folk want to balance PvP is that templates get killed then for PvM... to the point where they become unusable for PvE...

I'd like it if balancing changes for PvP only effected PvP...

And could we please get rid of "I hit a freaking Mongbat from my stairs while recalling home and now I can't switch characters for 5 min?!?!? Seriously!?" please... leave the Fel sillyness in Fel please and leave it to PvP and PvPET.
Bro, that's what you get for purchasing real estate in a ****ty neighborhood. Get rekt.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bro, that's what you get for purchasing real estate in a ****ty neighborhood. Get rekt.
Anything useful to the topic would be great man.

You know a great deal of game mechanics, lets "Make UO Great Again". I'm not sure if you're the right running-mate though.

*sigh* Trump... it was Clinton's slogan originally anyway... :D feeling the Burn, or perhaps the Johnson? (sorry, I couldn't resist).

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What offense do they trade?

Edit: Adding necro or mystic to a mage doesn't add DPS, it lowers it. you're mistaking utility for added damage.
30 sdi alchy mages definitely have more burst damage than a mystic mage or a necro mage. If anyone disagrees with this statement, they are simply wrong. It's math. That said, they are not "arguably the best dps in the game." That would go to Archers. They have the most reliable (non-RNG based) DPS though.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
30 sdi alchy mages definitely have more burst damage than a mystic mage or a necro mage. If anyone disagrees with this statement, they are simply wrong. It's math. That said, they are not "arguably the best dps in the game." That would go to Archers. They have the most reliable (non-RNG based) DPS though.
Yea, well I was referring to focus mages vs other types of mages... there's no doubt archers do more "dps", but mages do much more "burst"... dps doesn't really matter as much anyway. because as far as a mage is concerned, it's all about interruption. If a mage is unable to heal, they will die.

points!

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Ranged Weapons Nerf

Ideas:
Increase SSI Cap (1.50)
Not necessary. The best suit I've ever seen in the game was a 181 stam suit, and 211 comes with some big trade-offs (less space for weapon mods that inc damage).

Lessen Damage Inc Cap (This could be global for all weapons, not just ranged)

Lessen Hit spells % (Could be based off your SSI just like Mana Leech and such)
This will nerf Archers so hard they won't be able to kill anyone 1v1.

Pure Mage Nerf

Ideas:
Add skills to "Focus Mage" that breaks the SDI change (Alchemy, Parry, etc)

Lessen SDI increase from Focus

Make it so only wrestling gets parrying bonus (Or perhaps only a weapon skill) or add other requirements (HCI or a new property)

*One of my favorites* Make shields disarmable again
Focus mages are the only ones that can survive well in group plays these days as well as do damage. Nerfing them would be a bad idea. I understand your big picture- you want to nerf archers at the same time, but nerfing them isn't the solution, the solution is to make other temps more viable. If you decrease caps on things, players will just invest their stats elsewhere, the same way disarm archers added alchemy and/or bushido when the disarm mastery came out.

Exceptional item weights for imbuing should be increased:
With power creep, most of these items are irrelevant except for filler pieces. With legendary artifacts, you might have 1 or 2 imbued pieces (A ring perhaps, or 1 piece of armor) to compliment your suit. That is it. Increase the weights of everything at least by 100 if not more. This should be done ASAP because it hurts nothing at all in game.
This is an interesting idea. I personally was a fan of imbuing, but I could understand why they wanted to add better looted gear, and bring back runic kits. Maybe imbuing and reforging should get minor buffs to make them relevant again.

Let DCI be overcapped again:
A lot of mage weapon using templates will open back up with this change
This would make mage weapon chars somewhat more viable, but it would also nerf archers when fighting parry characters. All this does is buff all mages and comparatively nerf dexxers/archers.

Let specials stay procced even when spells are casted:
This will also open up several spell casting templates with dexxer variants
Myself and many others have been suggesting this for a long time. The developers just seem to ignore it.

Let dexxers hit from 2 tiles away:
This one is tricky, because it can change a lot of balance in PVM, but PVP wise, will really make dexxers a little strong. Balance may be needed with specials and this change, however.
Terrible idea. Not only is it conceptually ridiculous, but some players play on EC and will already hit a CC from two tiles away. That's right, EC updates one tile sooner than CC, so when people like Sibble are hitting you from two tiles away, it's because they're playing on EC. If your suggestion was accepted, Sibble would hit you from 3 tiles away, probably while still crying that UOS is unfair.
Nerf Alchemy:
Everyone is using it. Either cap it at 50%, or make it so it doesn't stack with EP and just get the 50% bonus with GM. Every 2 points of alchemy gives you 1% EP.

Change the double conflag pot. With clever usage of macros, a double conflag is viable. This makes for something a bit game breaking when mixed with 80% ep and multi pot throwers.

Supernovas should surely be looked at as well. Doing anywhere from 15-35 with 80% EP and a cursed target (Or Omened) this is a lot of damage for an AOE potion that can never miss. Perhaps a flat damage that isn't based on a resist? Or capped damage it can do (20 damage for instance)
Alchemy does not need a nerf. The only people that think it is OP are people that have never used it. Some people will respond to this by saying that they use alchemy, but no. They don't REALLY use alchemy. Double conflag is not OP, you just need to stay out of them, which isn't hard if you watch your positioning. It's like not fighting your opponent while they have the higher ground in war. Also, supernovas are not OP either. Alchemy is 100 skill, and you can trade that on any template for another 100 skill points that is just about equal in usefulness.

@Bleak I've started to give up with writing out well thought out processes, because there are generally ignored by the DEVs and pushed aside. I hope with your asking of thoughts from the public, you actually intend to take some of the great ideas presented by people and use them. We look forward to your hard work and implementation of these things. We are very passionate about your product, please show us the same in return.[/QUOTE]
Well, thanks for your input. I disagreed with much, but it's good to have ideas none the less.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not necessary. The best suit I've ever seen in the game was a 181 stam suit, and 211 comes with some big trade-offs (less space for weapon mods that inc damage).
I'm not sure what you're referring to but I know I didn't work all that hard to reach 211 Stam and 100 damage increase and hit spells along with mana increase etc, and my suit isn't even legendary items with insane mods.

I think is false.

This will nerf Archers so hard they won't be able to kill anyone 1v1.
I agree.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure what you're referring to but I know I didn't work all that hard to reach 211 Stam and 100 damage increase and hit spells along with mana increase etc, and my suit isn't even legendary items with insane mods.

I think is false.

I agree.
Have you ever seen De Leet Ed's suits? Consider yourself lucky.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Bleak? Do you ever play Siege rules? I would love to see your thoughts on that.
Siege players always seem to think the game mechanics should revolve around them. It reminds me of the Gelgameks in South Park.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Bombastic Fail I have been hit with an AI for 70 hp with an Omen after being cursed and corpsed. 100% poison or fire bow and omen. BAM, 70 hp dmg EASILY. So this is in fact TRUE. I can tell by the way you address me that you have an issue with me. It's most likely from an ass kicking you have caught from me being that I know how to play these templates and the damage outputs.

As far as the chiv information, chiv is not the primary offense on a dexer template. I don't expect you to understand this. The healing capability on a mage (69.9 Magery) fisting parry mage is simply ridiculous. I do not care for 4/6 chiv as a whole but I realize there is a place for it in the world of paladins. It was not intended to be abused by non paladin characters. Possibly adding a spell dmg increase / decrease in regards to the amount of tactics or real weapon skill a paladin has may help.

You mention "great jewelry" with a sarcastic tone. That is the point of this GREAT jewelry, to build these types of templates. Your entire demeanor towards real pvpers astounds me. You wreak of what is wrong with the development of this game. You cannot compete so you want everything tweaked to dumb down the game so you can find yourself in the competition.
Curse and Corpse doesn't increase the damage of Armor Ignore. It "ignores" your armor.

And about Chiv, I don't think it's OP, I just think it's gay as **** fighting a zerg with them. Maybe it should have a delay on it. After all, the damage hits before the first animation even does.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I agree that people without alchy shouldn't be allowed to use supernovas.

Maybe alchy needs small tweaks, but removing it from the list of skills that allows focus pure mages is a bad idea.
No it doesn't. Alchemy is fine. Double conflags are not overpowered. They help small groups gain separation and get kills on zergs. If someone dies to double conflags, it is 100% their fault for playing too aggressively.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Exactly. Either enforce it or let people "cheat" with other programs besides uoa. When I watch videos of dudes fighting in classic client....I barely recognize the game. There are so many huge inherent advantages to some aspects, its totes ridic.
Either enforce the rules that handicap the f out of people that play the game without cheating or let us do what others are doing. That would make the game a lot more fair.

Also, timers on refresh pots. Get rid of EP. Lower the hit chance on running shots.
EC is NOT the same as CC. EC has numerous major advantages to it. If you don't agree, it's because you aren't aware of them.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Have you ever seen De Leet Ed's suits? Consider yourself lucky.
I'm not sure if we are on the same page or not, but either his suit is full of legendaries or he needs to spend more time on it.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure if we are on the same page or not, but either his suit is full of legendaries or he needs to spend more time on it.
I probably had the absolute best archer suit in the game is what hes saying.. but i sold that awhile ago now my suit is decent but i put it together in one day so..
I get what he was saying but he worded it funny.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No it doesn't. Alchemy is fine. Double conflags are not overpowered. They help small groups gain separation and get kills on zergs. If someone dies to double conflags, it is 100% their fault for playing too aggressively.
Double conflags are a bug and should be fixed.

Id be okay with a shorter timer though.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's your argument?
Yes, if you missed the point it's that something is not bad simply because it was not intended to be a certain way. Many parents do not INTEND to have kids, but that doesn't mean they don't love them when they're born.

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Anything useful to the topic would be great man.

You know a great deal of game mechanics, lets "Make UO Great Again". I'm not sure if you're the right running-mate though.

*sigh* Trump... it was Clinton's slogan originally anyway... :D feeling the Burn, or perhaps the Johnson? (sorry, I couldn't resist).
Sorry man, I wasn't ignoring you. Just catching up on the old posts. How are you? I'm actually a little impressed with many of the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.