• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discording a Pet before taming it?

G

Does Discording a pet prior to taming it have a lasting affect on it's skill caps? Or would they still be able to be trained up to the 90% of pre tame, pre discord level?

G

Why pray tell are you discoing a critter before ya tame it for? there is nothing we can tame that can not be tamed via lead taming nor is there anything out there you cant build a suit that has the highest resist in the damage type the target critter deals out.......

Disco as far as I know does not effect the taming difficulty .......

I

imported_Hinotori

Disco doesn't effect the pet's post tame skills or stats. Paralyze is the only thing effects the skills more than just lead taming a pet. You lose 14% skills if it's paralysed at any time during the taming attempt. Normally you only lose 10%.

I

imported_Sarphus

yeah, I actually discord hiryu when I'm lead taming em, caues it makes them not hit me as hard if I get bit. After you tame em and break the discord, they have the normal 10% skill drop that all pets get.

G

Cool, thanks for the answers guys. I was thinking that was the way it worked, but never actually tried it.