• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Discord/Thrower Template Suggestions

Brosephine

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to make a discord/thrower strictly for spawns and other PVM/peerless boss fights. I would appreciate suggestions for which skills I would need as I have no experience with either the disco or throwing skill sets. I usually play a mage!

Here's what I KNOW I need.

120 Throwing

.........yeah. HELP!!! :eek:

Brosephine

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, so I know more than that. Lol... :)
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Music
120 Discord

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm actually building one now too.

120 Throwing
120 Discordance
120 Music
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
84 Chivalry
60 Spirit Speak
40 Necromancy
(Has 24 skill points on jewelry)

Still in testing...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That last one should be good. IF your sure on the disco that is.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about

Throwing 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Discord 120
Music 120
Necro 40
Spirit Speak 60
Bushido 120

60 skills on ring and brace, leaching your mana back and putting up the spell songs on target when possible?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you really want to combine disco with the offensive abilities of a sampire or wraith/thrower, I suggest:

Make a discorder on a 2nd account and dual client.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how Lynk put it best. A thrower can do pretty much anything you want. Get a bard to help, just don't blend the two templates, in my opinion it will water down the effectiveness of each template individually.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consider if you are using Armor Ignore the discord will only make it easier to hit your target and prevent some of the damage they would do to you. On a thrower (ranged) you aren't as worried about the damage. Between 50 HCI and the HLD property on your glasses or weapon, you shouldn't be missing PvM targets.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorbs, and Obsidian have some great input here. I'm actually considering giving it a shot on test vs Slasher to completely forming my opinion. I can almost see how this would work well for very specific hunts, however, I'll admit that's a bit short sighted without trying it first. Intelligent post test center post coming in the near future

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you pop that in wraith form, you can stack despair, and tribulation on top of your regular throwing damage. It will give you a little damage bump, and also slightly lower the slashers damage output to you as well.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I gave it a shot, and popped Slasher on test center for a few minutes. I was doing ok damage, but it was less than my usual run. Not by much though. With the disco in effect however I wasn't missing him at all, so each hit counted for something. I do miss bushido, I'm a big fan of the confidence heals that can help out in an emergency. Easy enough to fix with heal potions. I actually think I'm going to give this template a run on my production shard. Although the benefit of bringing another bard along far outweighs this templates solo capabilities. I do think that this will be my new slasher template. As far as other things, time will tell.
Consider me converted, at least for the time being. I always like to try new things out.

UPDATE: This guy works well against Navrey, I needed to finish up a little bit of tactics, and this guy works awesome vs. the big spider. Disco him, drop some rocks, change into wraith or stay in flight and toggle between armor ignore and hitting him regularly, pluck at him(never miss since he's disco'd) then drop rocks when pedestals respawn, and he's dead.
Template I went with:
120 Throwing
120 Music
120 Disco
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
80 Chivalry
40 Spirit speak
40 Necromancy
No skills on jewels.

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slasher is still giving me a bit of trouble, although no more than usual. The rock fall attack gets me still, although once he's down to half health, he's slow enough that I make it through some times. For the time it takes me to solo him, I'd rather do something else. Unless I can find a way to do him quicker, I'm never going to get better. After about 30 minutes and 5 or more deaths I gave up while he was at half health.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you also have the discord mastery abilities running on slasher/navery.
If you are in wraith you should be able to keep them up and re-initiate when they finish. Also the Tribulation proc is for any damage including your throwing.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, on Navrey yes, Slasher no. I didn't want to trigger his rock attack any more than I had to. I want to figure him out, but the fight always takes me 50 minutes. On a champ I'm ok for that time due to the reward.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but slasher is a source of frustration for me. I like it for Navrey, and plan on trying Medusa tomorrow. I don't want to carry 60 skill points on jewels because I would have to change my suit up to make it work well.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried it on Medusa, and it worked, well enough. I wasn't doing the damage that I would with my usual wraith template, but almost as much. I mentioned before liking this template for Navrey, but on second thought, the reduced damage output truly prolongs the fight. I will admit that I'm allot more experienced at playing a different template, and I enjoy Bushido, especially for Confidence and the supposed added luck of perfection. I haven't written this template off totally, but with my other build it seems allot more versatile for all sorts of things. I'd still love to figure out Slasher if anyone has tips. I imagine my best bet is to run with healing and carry refresh pots. I have an alchemist, just not a big pot chugging fan. I have to break that cycle.

Last edited: