• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco gaining question

A

Anyer

I have 120 music and was told to stone it off and buy/work music back up to 50 or so and lock it to get better disco gains. Can someone confirm/deny this for me? Right now I am at 71 disco and I fail a lot even on low barding critters with this setup. Should I let music raise a little move for my current level of disco?

Ultimately I have jewlery that will take me from 95-120 dicso so I am just trying to get to 95 as easily as possible. Thanks in advance.

A

T

taglol

I locked it at 99.9, think 100 works aswell. But you dont want to go much lower than that.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

anything lower you run the risk of failing the first check which is the music check.
if that check fails then youve wasted 11 seconds.
if you run 50 your not even gonna make it to the disco or provo check 50% of the time, which, really kinda makes training counterproductive, no?

Muck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about training Disco with a Musicianship skill of 120?

I'm currently at 120 Music and 113 Discord, i got one lousy gain in the last 4 Hours using NPC Instruments discording Hiryu's =(

anything lower you run the risk of failing the first check which is the music check.
if that check fails then youve wasted 11 seconds.
if you run 50 your not even gonna make it to the disco or provo check 50% of the time, which, really kinda makes training counterproductive, no?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
120 is too high.
cause you get a bonus for skill over 100.

and you dont want a bonus, you just want to pass the music check.

Muck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah excellent!

Could the same tactic be used on taming?
eg: best to train with 100 Animal lore?

120 is too high.
cause you get a bonus for skill over 100.

and you dont want a bonus, you just want to pass the music check.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. Lore doesn't give a taming success chance, just a control chance.