• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

disco and HLD/HLA

• Thread starter Clockwork Flea
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Clockwork Flea

Does Discord stack, or in any way interact, with hit lower attack or hit lower defense?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discord is independent of HLA and HLD. Discord reduces the resists and skills of the creature, where as HLA and HLD lower the hit chance and defence chance of the creature. If you one of those effects is used on a discorded creature, its ability to hit or defend will be further lowered, than what it was originally. Discord combined with HLA and HLD is a very powerful combination.

For example: I have 100 Swords and the monster I am fighting has 100 Wrestling, I have a 50% chance of hitting it. If I discord (at GM skill) the monster, its wrestling will drop by 20% lowering it to 80 Wrestling. I will now have a 60% chance of hitting it. If HLD goes of on that same discorded monster, its DCI drops 25%, I will now have a 80% chance of hitting it. That is a significant drop in the monsters ability to defend itself. Use this Hit Chance Calculator to see for yourself (you can also see how well the monster can hit you if you switch its data for the "Your" entries and your skills for the "Target" entries.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
disc is a warm hug on a cold day in a wooly sweater