• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Dirty" Polar Bear mounts?

H

Harb

I guess it's been a month or so now, but has anyone else noticed that some etheral polar bear mounts remain "pure white," while others now have a smige of light brown on their undersides? Just wondering what the difference is?

A

AtlanteanAngel

One day, a rabbit and a bear are taking a **** in the woods. The bear looks over to the rabbit and says, “Yo rabbit, do you have a problem with **** sticking to your fur?” “Nope,” the rabbit said. "Great!" says the bear, who grabs the rabbit and wipes his ass with it.

Source : Eddie Murphy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYAOd8gW2U

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been a bug since the ethereal touching tool I beleive, Some dev said it would be fixed but nothing has been fixed yet.

H

Harb

Been a bug since the ethereal touching tool I beleive, Some dev said it would be fixed but nothing has been fixed yet.

I'm not so sure its such a bad thing, the dirty rabbit wiping version is more realistic. While I personally prefer the pure white ones, its not a stretch at all to assume others prefer the more realistic one. Maybe an option for both in the fix?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I hope they won't fix it, I like the new color

C

Coffin

Yeah and have you seen polar bears on the discovery channel? They're kinda dirty looking sometimes. I mean, they're freakin' bears in the wilderness!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank goodness this post isn't all about what I thought it was going to be about...

:blushing:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my bff has a polar bear stuffed animal on her dash of her car and its identicle color to the pic ! I then realized its yellowish because she smokes.. Sooo stop smoking on the bear problem solved..

sorry could not help myself but it is a true story

and in a side note polar bears often take on this hew they are not all pure white

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
polar bears fur is clear, what you are seeing is its skin

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess it's been a month or so now, but has anyone else noticed that some etheral polar bear mounts remain "pure white," while others now have a smige of light brown on their undersides? Just wondering what the difference is?
Is this with the SA client?? Or 2d also?? I haven't really payed attention.

H

HellaFarris

polar bears fur is clear, what you are seeing is its skin
Almost, what you are seeing is the reflection of light from the bears (almost) transparent fur. Polar bear skin is black.

A

altarego

Almost, what you are seeing is the reflection of light from the bears (almost) transparent fur. Polar bear skin is black.
This.

You could think of polar bear fur like this fiberoptic x-mas trees or balls from the 80's. Perfectly clean, it shines white. A bit dirty (more natural) and it scatters white lite, much like a sunset does, making it yellow.

Or, you could be an informed citizen and watch PBS and see the documentary "Knut and Friends" this week (on your local station) and it would explain it all.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The color looks real to me

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may be the real colour but It should be changed back, After all, Sakkarah said its a minor fix.

The retouching tool simply switches the mount's hue from transparent to default. Until your screen shots, I don't think any of us realized the polar bear's default hue was yellowish.

So fear not. That's a minor fix. We'll even do the bleaching for you!
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1446407&postcount=7

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It looks like it fell in urine.... Come on, I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking. o_O

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My 2D polar Bear do look better now.