• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dipping my toe into the EC client..best mod/interface to get me started?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Initially I would like to use the EC client to help organise my house, the new viewtypes are something I need with all my junk piled up in boxes :) However, I've heard it said that the default interface for the client is pretty much useless and I'd do better with a custom one. But my question is, which? :D

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The default one isn't useless, it's just not as nice as it could be. I personally recommend Copper Enhanced, it has lots of nice little additional features and it looks much better.

D

DenAlton036

Ive always used the default and think its fine. And they just lightened the container backgrounds which was my #1 complaint :)

O

Old Man of UO

If you plan to use the EC to organize your "junk," I'd suggest getting either Copper Enhanced or Stone Enhanced, rather than Lucis. The properties evaluation in Copper/Stone makes it so much easier to sort the good stuff from the junk for smelting or unraveling... Lucis doesn't have this feature.

Now, if we could somehow combine Lucis and Stone Enhanced...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If you plan to use the EC to organize your "junk," I'd suggest getting either Copper Enhanced or Stone Enhanced, rather than Lucis. The properties evaluation in Copper/Stone makes it so much easier to sort the good stuff from the junk for smelting or unraveling... Lucis doesn't have this feature.

yep I use copper for sorting treasure and most other things i use Lucis if having big battles

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You have to try a bit around yourself, it possible to combine both, but first i dont want to copy any work of other modders who have spent hours of coding a good evaluator. I am also using now a mod based interface with a few tweaks in the mod files it should be possible to transfer one mod to another.

My iusses with that is if i am now coding free mods which can be included into copper for example i lost my freedom of creation, i think the copper interface is cool, but it is not my taste. Also i dont have tested the evaluator exactly but i dont know if it is 100% correct?

Differs it between different armor types and it maximal available resitances, differs it between rings and weapons for example on ring (25 DI is 100% but on a weapon 50 DI is 100%), Artifacts, special items like robes cloaks.

I have also written a prototype of an evaluator but my problem with it was, that when iam looting i lost the feeling for items, i looked of the approx. calculated values, but lost the eye of the important things.

So i decided looting is fun, looking and thinking about it, but iam on it there are nice tweaks comming like artifact colors, durability check, customnizeable itemproperties colors, special fonts.

But all in all we shouldnt forget that the game should bring fun and so i am happy that i can enjoy that new booster again after the bad reaction of EA toward this new Enhanced Client. Iam honest in saying my development proccess is at the moment at minimal levels, because i dont see any step forward in the last years towards the "kingdom reborn project" ;)

With this words have fun and enjoy the game!

Lucitus

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been wrong before but I don't think the Properties Evaluation Mod even functions accurately so I don't see what benefit it provides.

Lucitus I appreciate all your hard work. I like the look and feel of your Interface. You've done an awesome job and I appreciate your time and efforts.

I'm with you about the UOKR. One can only hope...

O

Old Man of UO

I've been wrong before but I don't think the Properties Evaluation Mod even functions accurately so I don't see what benefit it provides. ...
Lucis is right that it does not calculate and add the mod values correctly. But that is one VERY MINOR part of the evaluator, and should be relatively easy to correct. I use it for individual mods to quickly look for max intensity of properties and decide whether it's worth looting... especially rings and bracelets which can be enhanced to 500 intensity.

if I understand Lucitus correctly, you make several good points, but I don't play the way you do. I DON'T enjoy spending a lot of time looting and want to do that part as quickly as possible to get back to other things.

The Stone/Copper Enhanced aren't exactly to my tastes, but neither is the Lucis mod. I've added the Decor texture mod and like that better. Everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes. Being able to pick and choose parts of each mod increases our (the average player) creativity.

I do appreciate the hard work that each person put into their mods, and find a lot of nice things in each and every one. But NONE are perfect. I could get closer to the "perfect" mod if I can use 80% of Lucis but add about 15% of Stone Enhanced and 5% texture changes to my tastes.

What I am saying is - Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated. But let each player tweak the mods as easily as possible because not every mod is suitable for every situation and everyone's tastes.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally prefer copper enhanced... though I would like some of Lucis.... and wish I could have a combination of the two.