• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Ding dong! The witch is… elected?

Aryala

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With a gloved hand Aryala brushed over the upholstery of the chair and settled down in the governor’s seat for the first time. With delicate movements she tugged off her gloves and placed them aside before shuffling through the mounds of untended paperwork which buried the desk. Through the windows drifted the sounds of workers and sailors from the docks. It seemed to her a fitting background for her new office. There was much work to be done and many things amiss in the city. Activity was not was it was, the income of the city’s treasure meagre and the guilds had been neglected so long that it was a wonder they even remembered the office of the governor.

What was worse was that she did not even have a notion of who her citizens were. There were those that she had seen around and those that were part of the Duchy, of course. But who else considered Trinsic her or his home? What would they be expecting from her, what from the king? Which trade deals would suit them? Would they care enough to donate for the common cause? Would they attend events?

There were many open questions and, apparently, no handbook for the first days in the office. But in the end, she already felt that she enjoyed the challenge. With a graceful yet decisive sweep she brushed the mounds of old and untended paper to the floor and placed a blank sheet of parchment down.

Citizens and Friends of Trinsic

First I would like to thank all of you for your votes and the trust that you extended to me. However, the office of governor in our beloved city is nothing but a title and so I feel I must ask you for your help once more. If we wish to return our City of Trinsic back to its former glory then we must all work together to bring back life and wealth to our streets, our homes and our hearts.

To facilitate this I would like to meet all of you in the coming days. Therefore I will occupy the office or walk the streets as much as I can. Please take a moment to stop by and to tell me your wishes for the trade deals or the city. If you are not able to attend in person please send me a message instead.

I look forward to seeing you all.

*signed and sealed*
Aryala
Governor of Trinsic
etc. etc.

OOC: Since the game mechanics do not yet offer a way for me to see who is all a citizen of Trinsic I hope that many of you will contact me in one way or the other to let me know you exist! Send me a PM here on the boards or write it into a book in the game (with your name) and drop it onto the city stone for me to collect.