• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Digital Memories of Ultima Online

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello friend,

If you have a moment, I'd like to tell you about the Digital Memories of Ultima Online project. (DMUO)

If you're like me, you have tons of images on your hard drive from the time you've spent on Ultima Online. Events, unique locations, wondrous homes, horrific monsters, and more have been carefully documented and stored away, precious memories of your adventures online.

Why not share those images with everyone who enjoys the game?

I recently finished collecting my UO images from old back-ups, emails, etc., and uploaded them to albums on my Facebook, G+ and Photobucket accounts and I invited my friends to enjoy them. These initial albums were just an experiment as my plans are quite ambitious, even for a Legendary Scholar like myself.

The DMUO project will create a public repository, a “memories vault” if you like. The contents will include images from all over Sosaria depicting the daily activities and adventures of it's colorful citizens. It will be a place where you can share your memories of UO with friends, old and new.

The plan is to make these pictures available to anyone to browse and enjoy. It will not be necessary to sign up for an account, or join anything to view the public vaults.

If you are a kind, sharing person, and I know you are... please take a moment to visit my blog and read about this exciting project. From there you can follow my other social media links to a YouTube video I made to explain the project, a mind map image that depicts the process and more.

I've been very busy planning the infrastructure for this project, but early participants like you will help me shape the process, and provide valuable feedback for the FAQ.

Not everyone is special, like you. I can tell that you're a leader. You are someone like me that enjoys the community Ultima Online provides and you want to be part of something that will show your love of Sosaria to all of the known worlds. Please join me in this endeavor.

Respectfully,

Lord Raven of Minoc
Legendary Scholar and Mage

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This sounds really awesome! Go community!

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an update, I'm testing the Coppermine CMS as a possible solution for managing the images. Visit my blog for an update and a link to the fully working demo site.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Friends!

I've moved the DMUO project to Phase II. Some folks had some great ideas on how the gallery should work. I've come to realize that my original vision for the project was fairly limited in scope and didn't offer many of the features that folks would like.

Also, I might have fumbled a bit by setting up the test gallery on a temporary domain. Perhaps folks think that there is no long-term commitment to the project - quite the opposite.

For a "wordier" explanation visit my blog. ravenofminoc.com

Or, just go straight to the new gallery at ravenofminoc.net

I'll be fleshing out the intro pages this weekend so be sure to hit that "refresh" button on the browser to be sure you see a current version of the site.

Warm regards,
Lord Raven of Minoc