• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Differentiate Instrument Slayer Types on Hotbar

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to line up my different slayer instruments so that I could easily click on the appropriate instrument before working a spawn or whatnot.

Right now, if I have 16 Lutes and 1 Ogre Slayer Lute, the Hotbar seems to register this at 17 Lutes, no matter which one I drag to the Hotbar.

It would be excellent if I could line up my slayers on the hotbar.

I am using the non-legacy containers because I like the autoloot, but without any kind of sorting functionality and no stacking for instruments, it gets difficult to locate that one Slayer type in my bag.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not only instruments but also pet balls, jewelry, etc..

That's rather annoying - I hope they got this one on their list (rather at the top it too).

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to line up my different slayer instruments so that I could easily click on the appropriate instrument before working a spawn or whatnot.

Right now, if I have 16 Lutes and 1 Ogre Slayer Lute, the Hotbar seems to register this at 17 Lutes, no matter which one I drag to the Hotbar.

It would be excellent if I could line up my slayers on the hotbar.

I am using the non-legacy containers because I like the autoloot, but without any kind of sorting functionality and no stacking for instruments, it gets difficult to locate that one Slayer type in my bag.
Have you tried making a macro specific to each slayer instrument? It'll be a bit more work, but it may keep them separate.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried making a macro specific to each slayer instrument? It'll be a bit more work, but it may keep them separate.
I did try with rings (teleport and invis) and nope, doesn't work. just uses the one you made the first macro with for all macros.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did try with rings (teleport and invis) and nope, doesn't work. just uses the one you made the first macro with for all macros.
Decors wrote up a nice little tutorial on how to create macros for specific items:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=169853

Not the easiest thing to do, but it should be easy enough for most people to do until we get a use-item option instead of just the use-item-type from Mythic.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to play with that... thanks for the info!

But yes, I hope Mythic can help us with this in a future patch.