• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Didn't large pieces of food used to give life back?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested a few pieces of ham and a while roast pig and I know they used to give alot of life back (almost 50 dmg for the roast pig).... When did they changed this so they don't heal you anymore ?

D

Draken-Korin

I've played since late 1998 and do not recall food ever giving life back, only stamina.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I think it used to give back Stamina, but as far back as I can remember it never affected your HP.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A loooooong time ago ! Food has become completely useless unfortunately except magical food or petals

T

Thrand Graywolf

I think it still does give back a chunk of stamina. Before chivalry I always used to carry some cheese for emergencies.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a brief time like a year or two ago when food gave back health. It only lasted for like one publish though. Dunno why they changed it, then changed it back.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a brief time like a year or two ago when food gave back health. It only lasted for like one publish though. Dunno why they changed it, then changed it back.
Same reason they changed spellbooks to be disarmable. (nobody knows)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the only thing i remember is when uo came out if your charactor was well fed his or her passive health and stamina regen was higher than if you were starving. they prolly got rid of it cause its item based now.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only stamina. Ever. Anyone remembering otherwise is just wrong about it, seriously.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A loooooong time ago ! Food has become completely useless unfortunately except magical food or petals
Food was always useless. It never did anything ever except regain stam, and it didnt always do that.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. lemme put it this way then...

I'm 132 Month VET.

Food DID give back large amounts of life at some point in the last "few" years.. I don't know how long it was like this only that it was like this when I tested it. If I had to guess it would be when they came out with enchanted food etc. I vaguely remember them adjusting how hunger worked sometime after that which is I suspect when they changed the benefits of the food. The large chunk of life the food healed was nice, but not really useful at the time bc anyting that large also filled you up and that was a 5 min process to go hungry again at the time....

Anyway... When is really irrelevant I guess.. food definately doesn't heal you now which is what I was testing .. I was just surprised and curious.. Wasn't looking for people to out right contradict me..

oh btw... Eating has NEVER effected the success of skill gains etc in UO.... It's an Urban Myth... I think this was answered in a FoF at some point but wading through those is painful...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IT wasnt a 5oF it was just a dev member posting it in a thread years ago because there was some debate. Said that it only gave you stam.

C

Clarifier

For a brief period when the remove curse apples came out food did in fact give back different amounts of HP. The roast pig healed about 1/2 of my health. For a time when this was active I carried a roast pig on all of my chars :)

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if they made it useful again. When they introduced it back a few years ago, you would go hungry so quickly that it was just a pain in the butt and people complained. You had to constantly be eating. It would be nice if they tweaked it and just made it needed but not every 15minutes. Many years ago it did affect your stamina.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a brief period when the remove curse apples came out food did in fact give back different amounts of HP. The roast pig healed about 1/2 of my health. For a time when this was active I carried a roast pig on all of my chars :)
Yeah, they didn't really announce it, either. I was just eating ribs one day and noticed my health go up. Then it went away, more or less unannounced too.