• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Didn't ask for shinies or tribute..........

• Thread starter Tamed Cerebes
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tamed Cerebes

Last nite after I was finally able to log back in after the little server fiasco, I decided to take a little walk around this fair realm of ours. So i headed out of britt towards Vesper. Not far from leaving the protection of the guards i came upon a young one with nothing but a robe on. From the looks of it he was either newly rezzed or had just barely made his escape from some fierce creature while out walking around.
So i decided to have a chat with this new citizen of the realm. I approached as not to startle him while riding an animal as bright as Omnicron dresses

I bid greeting to this new citizen but there was no answer. Hmmm... must have lost connection. I will stand guard on this young one until his return then. So I waited... and waited... and waited. Finally the words "Hi" appeared upon my screen. Huzzah... Hello was my reply back. Long pause....... So I asked if he was lost? *Surely not we are not that far from town but what else was I gonna say*
He spoke... No, I am out just looking around seeing what is about. *oh good an adventurer at heart at least* So I ask the million dollar question. *cringes*<---this is usually wear I prepare to hear "can I have your stuff?* and yes I have been reading Uhall way to much lately

So I ask " Can I help you in any way?" *Heart starts to race and palms start to sweat*
His response caught me totally off guard. He speaks.. "No I am good"

Well you can understand why I almost fell off my steed. A young one that doesnt as for "Shinies and Tribute" omg what has Sosaria let into the realm this time?

With his last words he bolts towards the woods! No fare thee well? No how do you do? *Did i somehow log onto Lake Superior by mistake*

So Yes Lady Devils own perhaps there is Hope in the Realm
One can only dream.

Well Hope you enjoyed this little adventure in the realm. It just goes to show you never know what you will find when walking around with no rush to make those new shinies or fight the newest and baddest creature in the lands.
*Raises a glass to the Fellowship and bows with a flourish*
Until we meet again "Fare thee Well"

I

imported_MageCruella

Uplifting story! Thanks for sharing.

Once quite a few years ago I met a young one myself..St. Michael. I was not quite grown but offered to help guard him so he could build his skills and get some gold. After an hour or so I learned that he had actually played for many years and was well known and respected on Legends (Cyn, Plague) , in fact...he had helped my character grow.

Of course then there was the well dressed "newbie" Kissatchie that I met on the road from Vesper. She begged for me to help a newbie out ......by giving her my Crimmy! Behind that little girl was my dear friend Synclaire. One never knows : )

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> in no particular order, some from ingame, some from boards, some from wispy memories, here's just a small part of the things that give me that hope

DebconLady, Phoenix, Cru, Uriah, Bullet, Katarina, Kulder, Riel, Cherokee, Dj, Cuda, Shar, Lynylowyn, aoLOLita, Plucky, Thunder, NaKasha, ToriAna, William, Sky Bladesinger, Sorna, Crystal Elliott, Lord Orion, Siobhan, Melph, Damia, Fried Eggs, Hanse T Insane, Penderrin, garry, Sorcon, Omni, Hunter, Walker, Lord Urza, Shellybean, Erekose, Tov, Darri, Willie!, Evies Hope, Tyrath, Centus, Maplestone, Max, Dan, Rex, the guild of Fate, Old Draconis, Lord Deception Force, Woody, Sherr's Rune Library, Eolsunder, Bard Mal, scavenger hunts, net tosses, absolute strangers becoming good friends while fighting off invasions, discovering the book in Jhelom written in Gaelic

just some of them, thanks for the reminder, Tamed Cerebus </font>

I

imported_MageCruella

LetmethinkaboutitNO!
But I will go to Mel with you and help you get one : )

G

I have to say Legends has the best people anywhere. You can always find someone to help you, or someone to help.
Total strangers will stop and help, or just stop to talk. I have met the most amazing and wonderful people playing this game.

It's the people that keep UO going year after year. Good friends, good times, and good memories.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have met the most amazing and wonderful people playing this game

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your alright too! But thanks for all the compliments!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> well, I thank you all for the kind words

no one of us stands out, we all do so

well, with the exception of perhaps Omni
</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I have met the most amazing and wonderful people playing this game

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your alright too! But thanks for all the compliments!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you Omni, you always make me laugh. You're so humble.

I

imported_Bullet

*Faints as only an old player can*, Thanks Dev for mentioning me. For I have been around for so long and there are few out there that know me. For many years I played the (Healer of All). I would wander our lands and heal and rez those who were in need and always thanked for that help. Then the dark ages started! There were times where I was cursed at for the help I offered for various reasons. Hmm I rez you and then you are angry for me doing it? I still to this day do not understand. You are close to death and heal you and your mad? But why? I wait for the time we can return to the way it used to be!