• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Did YOU get caught cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Passed this along to the EM Boss Lady so she knows what was going on.

Good capture Lox.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is dropping bagballs cheating though? It's a **** move, sorta like the people who casted magic lock on the firework staves crate, but it isn't cheating. I guess it is illegal, at least, outside of faction bases to block, but eh. :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How is dropping bagballs cheating though? It's a **** move, sorta like the people who casted magic lock on the firework staves crate, but it isn't cheating. I guess it is illegal, at least, outside of faction bases to block, but eh. :p
It's not the Bagballs, since when have you been able to walk through crates, and bagballs dropped?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the Bagballs, since when have you been able to walk through crates, and bagballs dropped?
The crate looks like it's axed. Can't really tell since you dubbed out the sound or didn't record sound. However, when the one guy walks through the two-stack small wooden chests, that is sorta weird because I don't think that's possible.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, it's FINE to grief people who are attending an EM event by placing items that block the EM's moongate, but it's cheating to make it past those items? I thought that this thread originally was because of the idiots who were placing items to try to block access to the event, but now I think I was mistaken.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, it's FINE to grief people who are attending an EM event by placing items that block the EM's moongate, but it's cheating to make it past those items? I thought that this thread originally was because of the idiots who were placing items to try to block access to the event, but now I think I was mistaken.
The Video wasn't focused on "Blocking the EM Event" it was on how many people are using some type of cheat to bypass blocking methods. There have been other posts of this nature in the past. The Purpose of this Video was to show how rampant these kind of cheats are. After a bit of video was recoded everything was removed. Nothing stayed there long, no one made a complaint about them, and as you can see things were moved quite quickly if the person was blocked. The entire purpose, if I'm not mistaken, was to show that people are actively bypassing blocking methods. I've seen several cases where this has been used in Felucca to gain advantage during PvP. People toss down items that block, get folks stuck on them while they simply run through it.

If you want to know how I know those things, well I recorded the video on request, uploaded it to YouTube, and sent the link to the OP, told him what he did with it after that was his business, share it with everyone, share it with just UhOh, or hold it near and dear to his heart and call it cutesy names as he cuddles with it in bed at night, it was video he requested he could do with it as he willed.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrug*

I didn't "complain" but it was irritating when I heard there was an EM event and recalled to the bank to find that I had to navigate a bunch of obstacles, but I just sighed and chuckled about the maturity level of the average UO player. Then when I got to the event, there was another winner who kept spamming magic lock on the box with the event items.

I think I understand the point that was trying to be made, however, an EM event is not the time to try to make such a point IMO.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I am sorry... I assuming this video was for showing a way to block players from entering the gate. Thats why I passed it along. I cannot tell if its to accuse players, to show a problem with the EM made gates or both.....

*Throws a pad lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.