• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Did they turn off bard training by mastery? [solved]

Has bard mastery training been turned off?

• No "Too Easy" is just fine, you will still gain - slowly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You need to go back to 90 music.

• Yes, it has been turned off.

• Total voters

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Dear Bard Forums!

In the past I had success keeping my sanity by training bard skills with their respective mastery songs. I am training a new provoker now. 100 Music, 100+ provocation, non-exceptional instruments. Crystal Balls says "Too Easy". Shouldn't it be just "easy" without the "too"?

If they turned that off and they want me to train by provoking monsters again I think I will take this computer and throw it out of the window, hoping it will hit someone special...

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still gain Provoke only toggling the masteries. It is not "turned off". Gains will slow down the higher your skill is AND the higher total skill points you have. If you really want to power through it, stone off all skills except 100 Music and Provoke. http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/stat-and-skills-general/skill-gain-systems

Another option is to tie the mastery to a macro using the spacebar and just chat up others. It will make the training go by fast. This has been used for training Hiding for ages.

Edit: Why a poll for question?

Stayin Alive,

BG

Last edited:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Dear Barry Gibb,

why a poll? Just to make it easy to answer if someone doesn't feel like typing in an answer. Thank you very much! I was just worried a lot by the "Too Easy" message, but if you say it is still working, all is good, thank you. Space bar, hm. Good idea. In order to have better mana regeneration, I use a 2nd character with that peacemaking song. Will try if that is enough if I stone off Focus and Meditation, too. Thank you again, you saved the life of my computer.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Mana Regen, go to one of the updated dungeons and try to get some high MR (6+) pieces. They don't need to be any good other than high MR and medable. You gain when you activate it, not when it is active (similar to spells).

Stayin Alive,

BG