• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

did they lower the world's height?!!??

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I recently picked up a small sized Luna house. I was working on a goza design with rubble walls and such..
The last couple of days i raised a few sections of gozas and started to deco. I got a few rubble walls down and some grass tiles pretty high up. I have worked on it the last 3 days with no problems. I logged in 2night to start decoing again and i am no longer able to place items on the top goza levels anymore.

Did the world's height get lowered, in the last 12 hours or so?
If so, big bummer I had a really cool design in mind =( =(
That's a big hit on deco creativity, esp with the new expansion coming up..

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was so hoping someone who knew would answer you. :( I do not know but I care about this. Did it get fixed for you?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I haven't heard anything on this either. I'll have to test it.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It might have something to do with the new expansion.

I know Kyronix said they were going to limit how high you can build now due to the fact that the new craftables do not work with CoT and can block other players houses.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone had a chance to test this? If not I'll have to try before we get the patch as I don't want to lose valuable items that are placed on artificially raised floors.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tested it at 2 of my other Luna houses and it still works at them.. But for some reason the one I own next to the north gate won't let me anymore. Won't let me place on the gozas I allready have rubble walls on.also I am not able to raise new gozas upto anywhere near the height I used to be able to..

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how others have fared but one of my houses has a 5th floor. After the update all the grass tiles vanished but all the items remained. Anyone else have issues after the publish?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Kyronix was surprised in a thread when he heard people could go above the set height which was suppose to be 70 "units" or something. Someone felt it necessary to tell him all about it. So they may have done something recently.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but what's strange is the grass tiles were the lowest part of the 5th story (they were the same height as the walls of the 4th storey. I have two of those 2-storey high "ruined banners," statues, etc on the 5th storey that are raised high enough to be on a 6th storey and they didn't vanish (for which I'm grateful). Unless I'm mistaken the rule-of-thumb was that building high was okay so long as it didn't interfere with other players gaming experience.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how others have fared but one of my houses has a 5th floor. After the update all the grass tiles vanished but all the items remained. Anyone else have issues after the publish?
Are you sure they are actually gone? For some reason, the grass tiles will go under the new stone tiles, and disappear when you log out and back into the game. Using Crtl/Shift will show the tags. If you raise the grass tiles up by one, they will stay visible.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a design from several years ago and never had an issue till the last publish. So this is pre-stone tiles - no tags when CTRL SHIFT and they aren't in the moving crate. Just plain gone.

Just tried this though - I tried to put a new grass tile down and got the message "You cannot build any higher". Yet I can place plants or a chest in the same spot. Tried with a stone floor tile and it won't let me put it down either.

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Kyronix did say that anything built over 70 on the z axis (meaning up and down) from the ground (not from a level or floor of a home) is basically "illegal". Anyone with rubble, tiles or items that go above the 70 runs the risk of losing said items when a GM and/or Mesanna goes wandering around the shards.

And they do go wandering around the shards.... believe me....

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All of my grass tiles disappeared to. I just lost easily 500+ of them. So ticked right now

@Mesanna. Any help here? I just lost hundreds of grass tiles as have alot of other players.. is there a way to get these back?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix did say that anything built over 70 on the z axis (meaning up and down) from the ground (not from a level or floor of a home) is basically "illegal". .
By that definition doesn't that mean anyone placing the lighthouse vet reward on their 4th floor risks having it deleted? Not really fair to let people build things high, then go around deleting things without any official warning (and sorry, but I don't think a post buried on Stratics constitutes an official warning). They should put a sign on the house or something. I only lost about 30 grass tiles so it's not that big a deal to me, and guess I will take that as a warning to remove other items on that roof (would hate to lose my guild stone).

Or am I wrong? :devil:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
By that definition doesn't that mean anyone placing the lighthouse vet reward on their 4th floor risks having it deleted? Not really fair to let people build things high, then go around deleting things without any official warning (and sorry, but I don't think a post buried on Stratics constitutes an official warning). They should put a sign on the house or something. I only lost about 30 grass tiles so it's not that big a deal to me, and guess I will take that as a warning to remove other items on that roof (would hate to lose my guild stone).

Or am I wrong? :devil:

if you count 70 up from the ground, that is "safe zone".

The post where @Kyronix mentions this is here: http://stratics.com/threads/uo-com-publish-90-part-1-time-of-legends.348276/page-12#post-2589270 during the live testing on TC while we were building all kinds of stuff and the question did, indeed, come up due to someone having lost his entire house including some really high placed tiles (but that was an account issue not a high-tile issue).

to quote:
@Scribbles @brianfreud2 the same rules apply with goza use, you cannot block someone else's house, vendor etc. That being said the elevation limit is enforced when you actually drop the craftable items. If you can drop the crafted items, then it's within the limits for elevation. If you are trying to place the item outside of those limits the item bounces back into your backpack and you get a message telling you. The limit is based on elevation and is around 70z off the ground.

I do think someone asked about "old" stuff that was high up - but I cannot find any responses to that. However, seeing as so many people are losing stuff.... I think one of the patches is enforcing the rule.

Insofar as the lighthouse - depending on how high the "bottom" of it is would dictate it's actual placement height. I would guess if you place that lighthouse on the 70th level, it would be "safe" as it is actually placed on one tile, not built up.

But that thing is kinda valuable, so I don't expect anyone to wanna test that theory (I know I won't).

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just catching up on this... Just looked for my snow tiles and grass tiles that were stored in a chest above 70z.... They are indeed gone. So it doesnt matter if they were locked down or not they will disappear if they are above.... bleh Debating on taking down my collections now... so much work to waste...

Pretty upset about this @Bleak @Kyronix

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna you remember that email explaining that goza floors were ok as long as they didnt block another house, venors etc etc... is that still true or should i just remove all my hard work?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Honestly - as much as it sucks - I'd remove the hard work. Screenshot it for posterity but don't loose your stuff.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering what happened to my grass tiles - they weren't even raised that high - maybe 4 or 5 times on the roof. I have other items placed higher and completely unaffected. I placed another grass tile and raised it - I guess I will see what happens at server up.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering what happened to my grass tiles - they weren't even raised that high - maybe 4 or 5 times on the roof. I have other items placed higher and completely unaffected. I placed another grass tile and raised it - I guess I will see what happens at server up.
i bet the code reads to get rid of anything labled "house only" thereby killing grass and snow tiles. once again UO fails to realize the consequences of changing something... *sad sigh*

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell you it didn't delete the grass tiles I have raised on the first floor of my house - only the ones on the roof... I hope they consider fixing this.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm definitely not happy with the change. So much for making a third floor in the center of my two castles.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm definitely not happy with the change. So much for making a third floor in the center of my two castles.
I have sent another Email to the staff trying to get them to clearly define the rules of what is allowed and what would be considered an exploit. Heres to hoping our goza floors are still safe.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as a little note, the new grass tile I locked down on my roof has not disappeared or been deleted. I raised it to the same height as the previously deleted tiles (raised 5x). Its still there after 2 server ups times. I have no idea if its fixed though or if it will disappear again after the next patch.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just as a little note, the new grass tile I locked down on my roof has not disappeared or been deleted. I raised it to the same height as the previously deleted tiles (raised 5x). Its still there after 2 server ups times. I have no idea if its fixed though or if it will disappear again after the next patch.
Ive taken down everything from my roofs just to be safe. Please let us know if you find anything out since @Kyronix @Bleak and @Mesanna are too busy fixing their mistakes at this point to tell us anything...