• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did they change the rules for placing ladders?

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having issues placing a ladder on the first tile of a custom house, where last week it worked just fine. Anyone else having any issues?

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I'm talking about with this issue. I can't place a ladder where the cursor is located in the left side picture. The right side picture is where I have placed a ladder a couple of weeks ago.

Ladder.jpg

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What error message are you getting? and have you tried both types of ladders?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now this is wierd cause ive been testing this out on the first tile of my plot like yours, and the East, south and west ladders place but the north facing one wont place....

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can get north facing one on second tile in, been trying various things to try get it on first and it just wont place

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What happens if you place it on the second floor and lower it (prolly not easy or possible, but a thought)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Make one of those stone blocks..... and put that on your steps right there in front of where you want that ladder to go... make it flush with the house floor and you should be able to place the ladder... Funny thing about ladders is they "require" two tiles one that they are on and the one behind the steps. If they don't have it they won't place. It's possible that when you placed the ladder there previously you had blocks out front instead of stairs... or maybe you had something on the stairs. But just try making a block there and then placing the ladder. Should work I would think.

It's kinda like the "trick" you have to do to place a ladder on the front of a keep or Castle.