• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did the server save times change early?

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

Daylight Savings time change is this Sunday, but it seems that earlier this week the daily server save times changed back one hour. Since I wake up early and play both before and after the server save times, it would be nice to know. I don't want to log into a dangerous spot unknowingly.

There is this little HTML screen that pops up every time you load the client, and it would be nice to put info there, and not expect us to see it in Stratics or UOHerald.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daylight savings was last Sunday here in the Netherlands, which brings up the questions: Which shards do you play and where do you live? I have no clue when server saves are, since I work through the American save times and sleep through the European.

For your second point, yes, they should use that more often.

O

Old Man of UO

East coast American servers... anything else has ping times that are too high to even move.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on chessy and I noticed a few days ago that instead of going down at 5 central time it started going down at 6. I thought it was odd that it changed already.

Y

Yalp

I play on Baja.. the server went down this am at the same time it always has ... 8am EST, 5am PST

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Actually, this could very well be due to the change in Daylight Savings Time here in the US a couple of years ago. Under the old schedule, Daylight Savings Time ended last weekend. Under the new schedule, it ends this weekend. People would be amazed at the number of things that were effected and/or messed up by this change.

Although Microsoft put out a patch when the change went into effect, some other software programs and firmwares were unable to make the change. That's why you may see the oddness now. After we cross the new DST date this weekend, my guess is it will all straighten out.

Even at my office, our phones and reader board showed the change for Fall DST while our computers and servers still showed the correct time. Talk about confusing! I KNOW I get in early but no way I go in at 6:00. :p