• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Did Mugen always have trammel?

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh okay, i thought it was suppose to be an exact replica of siege but for people with pings better over in China, japan etc. Trammel just isn't siege based! pfft!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Trammel facet on Mugen is with Siege rules, it is not trammel rules.
There was a Korean Siege shard too, but it was closed, think something with Korea not wanting the shard. Maybe, the chars and their houses was added to Mugen together with the Trammel facet, I can't remember, but would make sense. However the info on Stratics say the data was deleted.
The Korean shard Baekdu also used this ruleset but it was closed June 8, 2002.
Baekdu - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums

Last edited:

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
When Baekdu opened, I made a Raja there, but was focusing on Siege Perilous so never logged back on there until Mugen came out about a month later. I made a Raja on Mugen and divided my time between Baekdu and Mugen, and some Siege Perilous. If I remember correctly, Baekdu only had a Felucca and Mugen had both Felucca and Trammel. Freja is correct, all three shards operated on the Siege Ruleset, even Mugen Trammel facet.

Baekdu was like a dead shard almost right away, at least compared to Siege Perilous and Mugen when first opened. I do miss Baekdu, the little people that did end up playing till the end on Baekdu eventually moved back to a production Korean shard, or onto Mugen.

Mugen is much like Siege Perilous, but with extra land. Most folks do their own thing and won't be seen in towns much, just like Siege Perilous. Most players there do not use GC, not sure why. Lots of roleplayers on Mugen. The town/bank of choice is at New Haven. Player prices there are much cheaper compared to Siege Perilous. I am assuming most production players placed a second house on Siege Perilous, and of course, brought the production economy to Siege Perilous.

On a side note, I am always interested in Mugen trades. I can pay/trade with Siege Perilous, Atlantic, Napa Valley, Formosa, or Europa gold/items. ;)

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That can be true with any shard though Rizzle. I prefer Siege Ruleset shards because of the one character only rule.

I am in no way advertising for people to play Mugen, just wanted to share what little information I do know.

Siege Perilous is the shard of choice when I log on to play. Mugen is like a home away from home I guess, hehe.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm pretty sure Mugen has always had a Trammel.

As for Baekdu, it was a strange shard. It was intended for Korean gaming cafes, so you had to have a special type of account, and paid by the hour. (Kind of like how you originally could only access Legends if you were using AOL.) When that didn't get enough players, they opened it to all UO subscribers, and when that still didn't get enough players (and due to EA saying they couldn't continue to support 'PC game room services'), they closed it.

2001-9-8 Baekdu opened
2001-12-1 Baekdu opened to all UO players
2002-5-31 Baekdu closure announced
2002-6-8 Baekdu closed