• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did I mess up ? to bad ?

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I built a sampire suit last night, just a test run nothing super euber special. It was my first set to ever make. Well, I hit the cap in resists lmc ssi hci di dex str etc etc... The only thing I missed was I ended up with 62 energy resist :( and 15%dci lol.... Is this set totally borked, should I start over and try again, or is it usable till I can save up the mats funds etc.. etc... to build one of those crazi woodland suits ?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any posts like this should also include a breakdown of your gear. Where is your 15 DCI coming from? A lot of people are not running the full 45 for PVM. If it were me, and only making assumptions on what you built, I'd look into redoing one of the jewels to add another 15 DCI, wearing a spell focusing sash or the corgul sash for 5DCI. Do you have HLA on your weapon?

N

NoBuddy

This is according to Farsight, the Sampire master. Here is what he calls for as minimum on suit:

"Stats:
100 strength
Enough int to cast all of your weapons specials (if you're an elf, you can get away with 10 int, for a human, you need at least 30)
As much dex as you can get away with up to 125

Items:
The sampire depends on the right items to get away with this template, which can be very pricey or very cheap.
The bare minimum you'll need for a sampire is:
Armor:
45% DCI (70 if you depend on divine fury)
All 70's resists

Weapon:
A weapon that swings at the highest possible speed (1.25 seconds)
High mana leech
High stamina leech

Combined armor, talisman and weapon
100% damage increase"

Then even more basically, he says:

"45% DCI, all 65 or more resists and you have a sampire-ready suit for ALL aspects of the game.

All of this imbuing, stamina, lower mana costs, hit chance increase, damage increase, etc is just gravy."

So the key is resist and dci as minimum. Use fey leggings on your suit, have dci on ring/brace, quiver of infin, etc.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
45 dci should be the starting place. You might can get by with 62 energy resist, but I'm afraid the dci is a non-negotiable. :(

N

NoBuddy

And remember, if you plan to use Divine Fury much, you'll want more than 45 (divine fury drops your DCI by 20%).

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I built a sampire suit last night, just a test run nothing super euber special. It was my first set to ever make. Well, I hit the cap in resists lmc ssi hci di dex str etc etc... The only thing I missed was I ended up with 62 energy resist :( and 15%dci lol.... Is this set totally borked, should I start over and try again, or is it usable till I can save up the mats funds etc.. etc... to build one of those crazi woodland suits ?
Put enough hla on your weapon, it basically counts as 25 additional dci when its active . Ok it gives -25 hci to your enemy, buts thats technically the same.
Then try with this suit. 62 energy may give you a bit trouble here and there, but against a dreadhorn or paroxy, who cares.
Also with cap lmc and hci, nothing stops you from using feint. To me that suit looks usable until you can fix your problems.
Remember, people did play sampires before we had imbuing using worse suits then we all have atm. Those woodland suits are nice, but are absolutly not required to play such a char.

Those 45 dci requirement comes from pre imbuing times. Most chars today can take an additional hit now and then without to much trouble.
I did run my garg as melee wammy with 30 or 35 dci for some time and he did very well with that.

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at work so I can not post my character suit. This really sucks though because I have the leggings of the tinker that I am trying to include in the set. This will be the 4th time to remake all the other peaces, oh well :)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you leave DCI off your jewelry completely then?

I'm planning on running just 40 on my new suit, probably good enough considering I'll have 20 extra SSI, 150 str/150 dex + 150 HP/180 stam, 40 HCI, 25 LMC and a bit of MI.