• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did Anyone Notice The Wiki Is Up?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Heard some talk about it and it seems to be live. Lots of work to do but it appears to have the frame work there. Or was it always there and I never noticed? lol

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maintenance Completion Summary

Let me add that for now it's best used with Chrome or believe it or not Opera as a browser. Certain elements such as the Atlas require functions that are not found in other browsers though Firefox and Edge are supposed to eventually catch up.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I use firefox and it seemed fine. Maybe I didn't dig around enough yet. I'll try looking at it in Chrome to see if it makes a difference

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well you know the old saying... When mom and dad are fighting it's wise to keep a low profile :) EDIT: This post made sense before the thread got cleaned ;)

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Heard some talk about it and it seems to be live. Lots of work to do but it appears to have the frame work there. Or was it always there and I never noticed? lol
There was a notice. I will say this ... the Atlas section may have issues for people using IE and Firefox at least. The CSS code used in these is not up to handling the code - yet. Opera and a couple other browsers should be okay and the laggards will eventually catch up as well.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
*mumbles to self about tried to say something nice... tried to be a good guy.... liked what they gotten done so far.....all goes to hell.....*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Had to do some thread clean up. Please stay on topic.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes they did and can't you all get along and be happy we even still have a game to worry about making wiki's for still???

I mean seriously isn't the community fractured, shrinking and broken enough for you all???

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Flagg The link takes you to a specific post - the one from a Stratics admin saying further discussion on the topic is disallowed at this time.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with all due respect, why is this thread even on UO hall. It has nothing to do with UO directly (rather a new function of a website) the majority of posts have been deleted, the ones that remain really have little to do with much of anything, plus we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the wiki.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have Opera on my phone but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that will work better?
I found Chrome worked better on my home computer. Certainly with the Atlas function. A little bit of a bummer it doesn't work the best with IE, as I am generally brand loyal to Microsoft products, but seems like a lot of web-apps are getting away from the old IE model.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I found Chrome worked better on my home computer. Certainly with the Atlas function. A little bit of a bummer it doesn't work the best with IE, as I am generally brand loyal to Microsoft products, but seems like a lot of web-apps are getting away from the old IE model.
They haven't really had a choice. IE isn't going to be updated and standards for web development are continually changing, it's either jump on with the latest tech and try and keep pace or wind falling behind.

Chrome 54.41%
Microsoft Internet Explorer 25.48%
Firefox 9.19%
Microsoft Edge 5.16%
Safari 4.00%
Opera 1.36%
Proprietary or Undetectable 0.21%
Mozilla 0.01%
Konqueror 0.01%
Android Browser 0.01%
Opera Mini 0.00%

Those are Global Marketshare percentages

However for Stratics the user base looks more like this:
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1.{/td}
{td}
Chrome{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

52.77%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2.{/td}
{td}
Firefox{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

19.07%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3.{/td}
{td}
Safari{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

10.50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4.{/td}
{td}
Internet Explorer{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

9.09%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5.{/td}
{td}
Edge{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

6.11%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6.{/td}
{td}
Opera{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.95%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7.{/td}
{td}
Android Browser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.84%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8.{/td}
{td}
YaBrowser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.14%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9.{/td}
{td}
BlackBerry{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.12%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10.{/td}
{td}
UC Browser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.09%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Firefox, and Edge have already committed to adopting the standards needed to display the Atlas properly, IE in Microsoft's view is going or has gone the way of the Dodo as it has reached End of Service Life, which will eventually force users to migrate to one of these other browsers as more and more of the internet becomes incompatible. That will allow functions like the Atlas to work for at least 98.81% of users.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They haven't really had a choice. IE isn't going to be updated and standards for web development are continually changing, it's either jump on with the latest tech and try and keep pace or wind falling behind.

Chrome 54.41%
Firefox 9.19%
Microsoft Edge 5.16%
Safari 4.00%
Opera 1.36%
Mozilla 0.01%
Konqueror 0.01%
Android Browser 0.01%
Opera Mini 0.00%

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1.{/td}
{td}
Chrome{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

52.77%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2.{/td}
{td}
Firefox{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

19.07%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3.{/td}
{td}
Safari{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

10.50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4.{/td}
{td}
Internet Explorer{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

9.09%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5.{/td}
{td}
Edge{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

6.11%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6.{/td}
{td}
Opera{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.95%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7.{/td}
{td}
Android Browser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.84%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8.{/td}
{td}
YaBrowser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.14%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9.{/td}
{td}
BlackBerry{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.12%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10.{/td}
{td}
UC Browser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.09%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Firefox, and Edge have already committed to adopting the standards needed to display the Atlas properly, IE in Microsoft's view is going or has gone the way of the Dodo as it has reached End of Service Life, which will eventually force users to migrate to one of these other browsers as more and more of the internet becomes incompatible. That will allow functions like the Atlas to work for at least 98.81% of users.
thats all very interesting, but what exactly does that have to do with the game Ultima Online ? (since this is UOhall)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
thats all very interesting, but what exactly does that have to do with the game Ultima Online ? (since this is UOhall)
The wiki deals with UO, albeit not directly and more so from a technical perspective, it is fine left in UHall.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Chrome 54.41%
Firefox 9.19%
Microsoft Edge 5.16%
Safari 4.00%
Opera 1.36%
Mozilla 0.01%
Konqueror 0.01%
Android Browser 0.01%
Opera Mini 0.00%

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}1.{/td}
{td}
Chrome{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

52.77%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2.{/td}
{td}
Firefox{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

19.07%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3.{/td}
{td}
Safari{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

10.50%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4.{/td}
{td}
Internet Explorer{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

9.09%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5.{/td}
{td}
Edge{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

6.11%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6.{/td}
{td}
Opera{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.95%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7.{/td}
{td}
Android Browser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.84%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8.{/td}
{td}
YaBrowser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.14%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9.{/td}
{td}
BlackBerry{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.12%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10.{/td}
{td}
UC Browser{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.09%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
I guess I'm a lot more behind on the times than I thought. I didn't realize IE was that unpopular. I guess I'm jaded by being in he business world where we rely a lot on MS Office and other bundled Microsoft products.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I swore I would enver switch, tried Chrome for about 2 hours, was sold... haven't looked back lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I swore I would enver switch, tried Chrome for about 2 hours, was sold... haven't looked back lol
I was shocked Chrome was that popular. Looking at Firefox numbers I may be forced to change pretty soon. Not sure how long they can hang in there and stay current. But hey, I still use a Blackberry :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was an avid Firefox supporter for many years but after trying to play Planitarium's Pirates: Tides of Fortune and finding the loading of it sooo laggy and slow I complained one day in chat about it and was told to use Chrome... switched to Chrome and found it 100x faster... and haven't gone back to Firefox since.

As for IE I wouldn't use that for any reason.... ever.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was shocked Chrome was that popular. Looking at Firefox numbers I may be forced to change pretty soon. Not sure how long they can hang in there and stay current. But hey, I still use a Blackberry :D
[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}9.{/td}
{td}
BlackBerry{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.12%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

So, that's you?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}9.{/td}
{td}
BlackBerry{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}

0.12%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
So, that's you?
That's me! Awesome phone though! Touch screen. Runs Android and Blackberry apps. Highly secure. Voice activated if you wish. Watch Netflix and stuff on it. Very solid construction and durable. Long battery life. Doesn't set me on fire. WORST ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT EVER.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
WORST ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT EVER.
No, I think we can all agree that the worst advertising department ever award has to go to UO. Considering that there have been literally zero advertisements for years, and there are an astounding amount of ex-UO players who are shocked when they learn that the game even exists still.

They have the email addresses of every UO player in the history of the game on file somewhere I assume, they could at least send a mass-email to them all every year just to show people we exist still. It would only take a few hours at the most to write a good, detailed email to send out to old players who no longer have paid accounts. It would even be free, since it's just email.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
No, I think we can all agree that the worst advertising department ever award has to go to UO. Considering that there have been literally zero advertisements for years, and there is an astounding amount of ex-UO players who are shocked when they learn that the game even exists still.

They have the email addresses of every UO player in the history of the game on file somewhere I assume, they could at least send a mass-email to them all every year just to show people we exist still. It would only take a few hours at the most to write a good, detailed email to send out to old players who no longer have paid accounts. It would even be free, since it's just email.
I don't think many of those AOL addresses are still in use :p

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Safari? Is there a Mac ox Uo client in the wilderness?
Or a lonesome pc surrounded by fruit based calculators?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Safari? Is there a Mac ox Uo client in the wilderness?
Or a lonesome pc surrounded by fruit based calculators?
You can run UO on Mac's the same way you'd do it on Linux using WINE.