• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did anyone get crescent moon lantern?

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Does anyone receive a lantern of the crescent moon mark as a reward of Artisan Festival?
I received a lantern of green Sacrifice, despite receiving a reward with a low Karma character.
There seems to be no one who got a crescent moon lantern, so I suspect that there is a bug with different rewards chosen and actual rewards.

If someone got a crescent moon lantern, I think that this case is my misunderstanding.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some of my negative karma chars all received a green paper lantern as well. Guess I wasn't going crazy after all. :D I haven't found any one who has a red crescent moon lantern either.

@Kyronix , can we maybe get this looked at?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep it has to do with negative Karma... I got a few of the red items but not many and did not get either the crescent moon lantern or one of the other paintings I got one with a coin or some such on it but not the one with the scepter.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a full set MINUS that dang crescent moon lantern.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a full set MINUS that dang crescent moon lantern.
Hoping that GL's gets the tree to end stage again and I'll try once more to get it... along with the scepter painting. However I've noticed that the paintings don't go properly on the wall and look off.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hoping that GL's gets the tree to end stage again and I'll try once more to get it... along with the scepter painting. However I've noticed that the paintings don't go properly on the wall and look off.
Yeah, they are off-center enough to slightly overlap the tile next to them (right side) in either facing. It's just enough to clip annoyingly and look "wrong."

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, they are off-center enough to slightly overlap the tile next to them (right side) in either facing. It's just enough to clip annoyingly and look "wrong."
Well that makes me feel a little better about not being able to get one ;) Sometimes off center works with some deco situations, but only because of all the off center stuff from the past lol

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Any chance you can let us know if this issue was check on before we all start receiving awards again tomorrow morning?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it's STILL screwed up.

Just got the green lantern on a negative karma char. Gonna safely guess there went my red crescent moon lantern.

This sucks at this point to be on the 2nd go around and still be unable to try and complete the 16 piece set because the devs won't even acknowledge the issue. :mad2:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Just got the green lantern on a negative karma char. Gonna safely guess there went my red crescent moon lantern.

This sucks at this point to be on the 2nd go around and still be unable to try and complete the 16 piece set because the devs won't even acknowledge the issue. :mad2:
Yeah, I'm hoping they also fix the "test1" spam whenever I tinker something.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I received an Honor (chalice) lantern on a negative karma character.
I suppose it's the same issue...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Check my current post Attn: DEVs I'm fairly sure I have the issue pinpointed and hopefully it will get resolved.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same 3 chalice on Neg Karma characters, No Crescent moon or Scepter paintings. I have gotten everything else.

Lily Grace

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

Toons from 4 different accounts on Chessy all dropped a bod and got gifts. Two types of pillows generated; Compassion and Honesty (heart and hand). The low karma toons got red pillows with what looks like broken hearts (turns out these are broken shields, I hear). Two statues generated; Spirituality and Honor (ankh and sword). Two types of lanterns generated; Sacrifice and Honor (tear drop and chalice). One low karma toon got a red lantern with what I thought looked like a skull, but honestly I wasn't sure what it was. For paintings I got Candy Canes (I think), a Set of Scales, and after reading here I think it must be the Staff. I wasn't sure what I was looking at with that. I thought it looked, no offense meant to the artist, like a coat rack. LOL Sorry!

Asking shard-wide, no one got crescent lantern near as I can tell.

I don't know if the lack of variety is a bug. If it was my bum luck. Or if that's all there was to be gotten.

I would have loved a statues showing heart, scales, chalice. And pillows showing ankh, chalice.

All in all I thought it the idea / system offered a lot of fun! It created an opportunity for players to work together toward a common goal, and they did! Great folks on Chessy chipping in and helping one another! I think they system created for this could be used in other ways that would also bring comradery and team work to players without them necessarily having to be great at monster bashing champ spawns.

Thanks UO Team! And Merry Christmas!

Lil

Last edited:

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get anything after all the bods I put in thanks slower shards napa

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How low negative karma is needed to get the red gifts?

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
How low negative karma is needed to get the red gifts?
It just needs to be negative. I was getting red gifts with only -500 karma.

Also, I managed to get the red crescent moon lantern this morning, so it is dropping now.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just needs to be negative. I was getting red gifts with only -500 karma.

Also, I managed to get the red crescent moon lantern this morning, so it is dropping now.
What the heck?!?
I thought at server up all shards would start the new cycle for a new city/tree and the previous tree's rewards would stop?

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
What the heck?!?
I thought at server up all shards would start the new cycle for a new city/tree and the previous tree's rewards would stop?
I got the "will expire in 6 days" box yesterday but didn't open it until this morning.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still claim your gift the next day if you didn't claim it on the day they became available and possibly up until the festival returns to that city.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uv'e got 6 days to claim your gift....from santas bag!!. the same 6 days the box expires i guess...thats how i see it

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I just received a red crescent moon lantern this morning on a negative karma character, so they must have fixed the issue. Thank you Devs

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
How many BODs are you guys turning in to get a rewards from the elf?
After the tree is full sized (star on top) you just need to turn in one to get a reward; to get the tree to full size there are several stages that seem to be tiered. In another thread I think FrejaSP estimated the tiers to be: a lot, even more, a buttload, and ohmygod.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Handed in 9 BoDs, and got a sweet F all!!
I guess people are handing in lots more, but I though 9 would be enough for a small prize but no way!
It seems to be weighted for the large BODs. Small BODs are worth only a fraction of a point, large can be worth quite a few. So one large BOD would likely beat your nine small, and by quite a bit.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I turned in 3 non exceptional small cloth bods per character and received a "gift" on every guy. 14 of them. I play on ATL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well this go round on the 32 negative Karma Characters I managed to snag 5 of the crescent moon lanterns! WOOT! TY @Kyronix!

And of those 32 NONE of them got the Scepter painting... so IMO that is the "rarest" of the items.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well this go round on the 32 negative Karma Characters I managed to snag 5 of the crescent moon lanterns! WOOT! TY @Kyronix!

And of those 32 NONE of them got the Scepter painting... so IMO that is the "rarest" of the items.
I have collected A LOT of these now and I wouldn't consider any one of them more rare than another besides maybe the crescent moon lantern. And that's only because we didn't start getting it until later in the event.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Got a moon lamp on my second character tonight to complete a full set.
Then I got two more for a total of three

Lily Grace

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that one item isn't really any more rare than another. Not even the crescent lamps. My problem at first was I was looking for the crescent lamp to come as a green lamp. Didn't realize I had to get more negative karma characters going to up my chance at having this item land in my pack.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused! Lantern colours. Green for good, red for bad, but what's the yellow ones in the picture above? I only got one lantern, a red one on my scribe who writes necro books.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused! Lantern colours. Green for good, red for bad, but what's the yellow ones in the picture above? I only got one lantern, a red one on my scribe who writes necro books.
They are the colour when switched off.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just turned off color the ones in the back pack you mean?

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another thing to add to the list that Reds can't participate in!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand. Reds have been a part of UO since it's inception. Who forced you to stay blue? :rant2:
Since the inception of UO, being red has always been a punishment. Your ability to interact with the rest of Sosarian society is hampered by the fact you've proven to be a degenerate murderer. You chose to be red, own the consequences.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't understand. Reds have been a part of UO since it's inception. Who forced you to stay blue? :rant2:
LMAO No one forced me to stay BLUE, I made an adult decision to stay BLUE and live with the consequences. So did you make an adult decision to be RED and live with the consequences or did you make a childish decision and like a child cry about it later.