• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Diary of Thea Caine

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dear Diary,

I should have started you when I first got this from the Lady Croftjen on the ship. But I didn't and that's my fault. A lot has happened since then. I made my way down to Jhelom. Got myself some jobs and a home to live in. All was well and good until some strange people started showing up. I shouldn't say strange since I am still new to this island and don't know many, but they were strange to me.

The big kicker is when I went to some play rehearsal that they were having near my house. It seemed innocent enough so I decided to go, but then I will soon regret it afterwards.The play itself was funny. Though I'm not sure what it was really about. As soon as everybody started leaving or as it ended I just walked out and went home. I decide to play my lute for a while as the night rolled on then I was approached by one of the people that were there but soon left shortly as I arrived. He left with some woman. He asked me if I had seen his companions. But of course I did not since where I live at is that the end and the gate is on the other side or the portal I should correct myself and saying. He stepped a little closer and my heart started racing fast. Not as if I was scared of this guy or nervous and any way. Actually just talking with him made me feel safer than I've ever felt, like I could rely on him, like I could trust him, it felt like my heart was breaking when he left. Ever since I woke up from my nightmare I don't remember much of anything much less anyone.

We talked for a bit he said his name was John I said my name he introduced me to the governor, which was kind of weird. He said he'd be back and he did come back but with somebody else, another guy. the other guy told me his name was Mason, Mason Caine and that I was Thea Caine, his sister. Not long after John left leaving me alone with this guy. This Mason. I didn't mean to be rude to him nor half ignore him but around that time my head started to hurt really badly. Deep inside it was trying to tell me something. When Mason left he left behind a painting. He told me that I painted it and that it was him, some woman named Melody and me.

I shouldn't have went to that tavern. I had no right to be there in the first place. I don't want to write it all down but I'm scared. I'm so scared right now.

*Tear drops smudges the diary lightly.*

Right now, while everyone is resting I'm going to make my escape from this place. Hopefully I'll have everything packed up before they realize I'm gone.

My head is starting to hurt again....

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dear Diary,

My head has been killing me all day yesterday. I know it's been getting worse and it all started when met this Mason Caine.

I had an unusual dream last night and when I say unusual I mean like it was really freaking weird. I was in this big open space. Clouds above me, water below, and a single door stands in front. This door is a massive work of stone and wood with a tree in a circle burned into the middle.

The dream always starts the same, I'd hear a voice behind me. I turn to look but no one is there. I look back at the door and I see someone standing in front of it. I can tell it's a woman just by the features. Standing in my way. Like she is waiting for something. The fierceness in her eyes. That very fire waiting to consume me whole if I take my eyes off of her.

Those blue eyes....