• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dexxer/archer pvp discussion

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well after fiddling around with pvp for a while now I've decided I would like to start a discussion on dexxer/archer pvp and how to go about building various temps and suits that help a new player understand whats required of them to join pvp at this stage of the game. I'm not saying my information is perfect at this point but it might be a good jumping off point to start us rolling. So heres a few ideas and a few things ive learned from others about templates

First up is the disarm deathstriker, this is a rather powerful build right now that I've seen several dexxers on my shard using as its pretty effective in yew gate / VvV fighting. It involves using either a hatchet or warfork usually but could be done other ways. Theres several ways to go about putting stats on your gear so im just gonna post the skills you need in total:

120 ninja
120 wep skill
90 tactics
100 Hiding
90-120 stealth
120 Resist

For healing you might wanna look into either getting 60 anatomy and 100 healing to fit in the build or stick with 3/6 casting and pick up 70 chiv. With the suit you definitely want to get as high of lmc as possible along with max hci, dci, and di. Try to stick with faster weps that don't require more than 30 ssi because it makes it hard to build your suit and keep your swing capped. Lots of mana is very important as well I have 100+ on my dexxer so I can chain deathstrike and armor ignore.

Archer is a very popular pvp build right now because the raw power it has with armor ignore and moving shot. Along with the utility of mortal strike, and dismount this makes for a very formitable character and is capable of holding its own in a solo fight. Now im more in the experimental stages with this build so again I really don't a great deal but im hoping this would be helpful to a player looking to get back into fighting. The typical archer I've seen uses a variation of this temp:

120 archery
90 tactics
100-120 parry
120 resist

Im leaving this temp open because theres a lot of options that can include getting healing and anatomy, hiding and ninja, necro and spirit speak, chiv and another weapon skill, another weapon skill and poisoning, plus many more that I hope others will share.

For building a suit for the archer I suggest as much stam as possible to increase swing speed. Your looking as a goal to get 210 stam(very hard to achieve) with atleast 30ssi. That will give you a 1.5 swing with a composite bow. You also want capped lmc, di, dci, hci, and maybe mana regen depending how you build your suit.

From experience this is a very powerful build, theres a archer on my server who has 75 dci from the washes and he is also unhittable and can spam armor ignore and moving shot all day. Making it nearly impossible for another dexxer to win in this situation.

These first two builds are some of the most popular builds currently

Next id like to talk about some of the builds my friends have started messing with so maybe we can make them better.

First up is a nerve striker dexxer, nerve strike is a bokuto wep skill that paras the target and does damage based on your bushido. One of the benefits we saw to this build was to prevent running by spamming nerve strike and using mortal strike to ensure a kill.

120 bushido
120 swords
90 tactics
120 resist
120 archery
70 chiv

Now I tried this build but unfortately im not very good at pvp yet so I had trouble with weapon swaps working well. But the premise here is to use nerve strike to ensure that you stay in range of your opponent at all times using nerve strike to stay up on him as well as a crossbow to mortal and a repeating crossbow to spam moving shot for the kill. Kind of complicated but sounds great in theory haha. The suit here is kind of tailored to what you want, I build with more mana in mind since im using a bokuto and repeater I didn't have to worry so much about capping swing as much as keeping mana available so all the specials to ensure a kill.

A build that ive heard requires a lot of gear is the evil omen death striker. The whole premise is to get your enemy with death strike then evil omen immediately after to ensure double death strike damage . This can be devastating but hard to line up at times. Now im not sure on the amount of Necro and spirit speak so im gonna put a rough build here hoping someone will help me fill it in later

100-120 spirit speak
120 wep skill
90 tactics
50-105 necro
100 hiding
90-120 stealth
120 ninja

Hoping ill be filled in on what the gear is for this build but I have nothing at this time

Nerve striker death striker is another mana heavy build that is used to do nerve strike to stop the opponent then death strike while they are running to a very bad end. This one forgoes resist in favor of pure offense with use of trap boxes and smoke bombs to ensure your safety.

120 ninja
120 bushido
120 swords
90 tactics
100 hiding
90-120 stealth
as much chiv as you can fit in

Again mana heavy build where use of a suit requires more mana than dex as you will be using very fast weapons to do the damage.

Still under construction here, working in spurts!

Last edited:

Dennis Wong

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i would also like to ask a question here:
211 or 210 stam dex archer (assume ssi 60) is a really helpful? when u just get hit and the stamina fall below 210, it is no longer 1.25s ...
i think just over 180 stam is already enough...

Glenny glenn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
211 or 210 stam dex archer (assume ssi 60) is a really helpful? when u just get hit and the stamina fall below 210, it is no longer 1.25s ...
Yes that extra ssi and stam is very helpful, its pretty devastating being able to chain armor ignores and moving shots to the face with capped swing. In a pvp world where everyone chugs pots and has really fast healing times its important to squeeze in as much damage as possible in a short amount of time to ensure a kill

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as you take damage you chug a refresh potion to get your stamina back up.