• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs... Why do we half the lockdown amount as to secures

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello may seem a strange one but castle lockdowns dont go far when making a open box museum.......iam asking this......because as iam putting finishing touches to the feluuca based ....yes feluuca ....''All holiday and global event/quest museum'' on europa and iam struggling with lockdowns even in a castle.... is there any reason why theres half amount lock downs compared to secure storage...or ...hint...can a dev or even mesanna swop me more lockdowns and take secures away... so i can display all the open boxes i want to display...just asking...or some of the stuff wont be viewable.....ie the only way to make boxes viewable to all but safe not to take...is to make them locked down...open to anyone....so they can view but not take or use....pfff....shrugs

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
THP you should come over and try Archeage. You would love it as an IDOC'er loads of homes to claim and resell on to others and like the old days of UO you can sell the land for real life cash as well as in game gold. Its like UO but much more 21st Century

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still wonder why or if there is a reason for half amount of lockdowns as opposed to double amount of secures....why is this???

just asking as i would love to have every box in the castle locked down but open to anyone for viewing...theres a lot of holiday stuff/collections

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP you should come over and try Archeage. You would love it as an IDOC'er loads of homes to claim and resell on to others and like the old days of UO you can sell the land for real life cash as well as in game gold. Its like UO but much more 21st Century
i gave up idocing years ago mate...basically when the afk script looters/placers found a hole to abuse in the game....fully loaded keeps and castles dropping to the floor and disapearing in seconds is NOT FOR ME.....nonooonooonnnn0

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reason would be that lockdowns unlike secures load when someone runs by. So to "save" server and lag they don't allow as many lockdowns as secures because the minute you step in the area it would lag you out so bad you wouldn't move... also when you step onto the house it loads everything... But that's why you can run by some castles just fine and others will slow you to a crawl. Some are mostly in secures.... which don't load when you run by.... or they are mostly empty. But those with near max lockdowns will slow you to a crawl when you run past them as it loads up all those lockdowns.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow...oh well...no open box museum i guess

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@THP here is an idea... perhaps you might want to rotate the displays. Like seasonally... Like do them in seasons.... a Winter display for the last 3 months, Valentines for the first three, then switch to like anniversary for the second 3 then, perhaps Halloween and such for the third three. Might work.

Anyway that will make your museum seem fresh and new all year round.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@THP here is an idea... perhaps you might want to rotate the displays. Like seasonally... Like do them in seasons.... a Winter display for the last 3 months, Valentines for the first three, then switch to like anniversary for the second 3 then, perhaps Halloween and such for the third three. Might work.

Anyway that will make your museum seem fresh and new all year round.
That's got to be the best idea, keeps the content fresh.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He would still need the lockdowns to store the items in storage.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@James Moriarty ArcheAge any good? I've downloaded it earlier this morning. Not played yet though.

James Moriarty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@James Moriarty ArcheAge any good? I've downloaded it earlier this morning. Not played yet though.
Vor if you like old school UO you will love Archage. Crafters are catered for and the crafted gear is much better than monster loot. Home building with loads of different sizes and styles of home to place, PvP zones, high sea drama, the sea content with the boats is rather good. Its f2p or as some say p2w as you really need to subscribe to own land. But like old school UO you can own as much land as you can lay claim to.

This is how UO should have remade the Enhanced client, a true 3d world. I love being able to climb any mountain and jumping off with my glider and going prospecting from above.

Reactions: Vor

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 main attractions in the museum are
1. holiday gift ''full collections'' from 1998 to present day...ie all snowglobes all reindeer all the bells all the towel names...etc etc
2. Global and Ingame event items/collections from 1998 to present day... ie treasures of tokuna...treasures from doom...rat invasion etc etc

simply have to rotate between the 2 displays....will leave the 3rd display
3. 2010 mutated elf drops on all shards on display permanantly

thanks for the advice...lolz...cu soon..opens very shortly...finishing touches...

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vor if you like old school UO you will love Archage. Crafters are catered for and the crafted gear is much better than monster loot. Home building with loads of different sizes and styles of home to place, PvP zones, high sea drama, the sea content with the boats is rather good. Its f2p or as some say p2w as you really need to subscribe to own land. But like old school UO you can own as much land as you can lay claim to.

This is how UO should have remade the Enhanced client, a true 3d world. I love being able to climb any mountain and jumping off with my glider and going prospecting from above.
Wow. Does sound pretty epic. I'll definitely give it a go this week.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
2 main attractions in the museum are
1. holiday gift ''full collections'' from 1998 to present day...ie all snowglobes all reindeer all the bells all the towel names...etc etc
2. Global and Ingame event items/collections from 1998 to present day... ie treasures of tokuna...treasures from doom...rat invasion etc etc

simply have to rotate between the 2 displays....will leave the 3rd display
3. 2010 mutated elf drops on all shards on display permanantly

thanks for the advice...lolz...cu soon..opens very shortly...finishing touches...
Your welcome. Glad to help. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@THP This was one of the main reasons why i gave up on trying to do a true Christmas museum. It was simply too hard to decide what would make the cut since not everything would fit. My only option was to find two side by side castles and build a goza mat roof that "connected" them.

Reactions: THP

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@THP This was one of the main reasons why i gave up on trying to do a true Christmas museum. It was simply too hard to decide what would make the cut since not everything would fit. My only option was to find two side by side castles and build a goza mat roof that "connected" them.
mmm right.... who owns thats castle next door to me....lolz