DEVS: This bug is SERIOUSLY annoying

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

ShaunOfPac

Has anyone else had experience with this bug? Basically, if you're grey and a blue attacks you, if your pet or summon attacks him it will flag you grey, and if you kill him you get a count.

Example: Today I was grey, and was attacked by 2 people. One wound up running, while the other held his ground. I used summoned pixies on him, and when he died he gave me a count, EVEN THOUGH HE ATTACKED ME. This bug has caused 2 of my characters to go red now, and it looks like nothing has been done to fix it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
To say more, the same is with necro's and vengeful spirit. You cast it on a gray who may be blue to others, and it flags you and makes you the aggressor, thus leaving you open to receiving a count. It kinda does that with summoned creatures that you control.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Has anyone else had experience with this bug? Basically, if you're grey and a blue attacks you, if your pet or summon attacks him it will flag you grey, and if you kill him you get a count.

Example: Today I was grey, and was attacked by 2 people. One wound up running, while the other held his ground. I used summoned pixies on him, and when he died he gave me a count, EVEN THOUGH HE ATTACKED ME. This bug has caused 2 of my characters to go red now, and it looks like nothing has been done to fix it.
By default in UO you see people grey when they are criminals or when they are flagged to you.

Since followers have their own flag, it may happen that someone "grey" for you is only flagged but no longer criminal. So you are entitled to attack them but your followers not, unless they were previoulsy flagged too.

A good advice when you play with followers (eg vengefull spirit, EV or simply pets) is to change the default colour in UO for flagged (I got them in yellow) so you can actually know when you can use followers.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
By default in UO you see people grey when they are criminals or when they are flagged to you.

Since followers have their own flag, it may happen that someone "grey" for you is only flagged but no longer criminal. So you are entitled to attack them but your followers not, unless they were previoulsy flagged too.

A good advice when you play with followers (eg vengefull spirit, EV or simply pets) is to change the default colour in UO for flagged (I got them in yellow) so you can actually know when you can use followers.
You make it sound like it was intentional, it's a bug and it does need to be fixed.

From the point you attack someone that you can aggro, as long as they are not orange or red, you pretty much have 2 minutes to use your pet/familiars. After that its lameness. I've gotten guard whacked because my wisp has hit someone I was fighting in guard zone.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Yup, happen to me too.. I'm red now and working off a count on a char that was not made to be red! It's extremly annoying and has not been around that long. It just started happening after the last publish! Hopefully they will fix it but judging by the way things go lately, just another annoying bug that will be around for awhile! I've sent in bug reports.. we will see.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
That's not the only bug like that out there... I play a thief a lot, I use Ninjitsu a lot because of it. Passive Reveal sucks so I use Shadowjump, now when I'm targeting my SJ, if one of those reds that seems to have the ability to "skip" around the screen, or say mover faster than my 24ms ping to Chessy can keep up with comes along, and I wind up targeting him because he "skips" under my targeting reticule as I click then I get flagged Grey. I stay hidden but I'm flagged, I'm more than willing to go Grey making a steal, but not from just moving around the screen.

I've reported it at Jeremy's Request to the Bugs section, I've even told them I'd help them reproduce it if they wanted, but no response and I've heard nothing about it since.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I always thought if u were GREY u were fair game to the blues & it wasnt a bug, it means u either attacked a blue, looted a blues body or did something helpful to a red. So yes u can get a count

however if im readin it wrong, Im sorry

did he mean he was blue, they attacked him & he turned grey? that I have heard happen & yes thats an annoying bug

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
did he mean he was blue, they attacked him & he turned grey? that I have heard happen & yes thats an annoying bug
Well, no. Not really. Say you attack a gray and he runs away. He will still be flagged to you and you to him for 2-5 minutes or so, forgot the total time until it goes away. So he may not be gray to everyone else because his criminal flag went away, but he is gray to you because you decided to attack him when he committed a criminal act.