• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs Question: Sim Children??

I

imported_CrazyGirl

LOL...I will try and answer everyone's questions all at once. I don't really like writing novels on forums, but oh well, here goes:

To Jackiee:

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>Who said it'd be a waste of your time?
</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=blue>My brother did. LOL... He thinks I'm stupid for wanting to save this game. Nuff said. </font color=blue>

To Dali Dalinza:

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>Adults only interact with them on their terms, they have docile behaviors. Heh...fantasy worlds are great!</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=blue>Although The Sims simulates real life, it is very much fantasy, at least to me.

The more simplistic approach I was thinking in terms of NPC children appear to not be favorable, even to those that want Children in game. The more popular idea seems to be the very complex variables to children as seen in The Sims 2 version. For example, the "Generations" concept that you mentioned earlier. My idea would be a huge compromise of any ideas mentioned previously here or on the Wiki and would probably go over about as big as Betaville did.
</font color=blue>

To pitweston:

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>Will there be rare kids?

Will people start selling them for ungodly amounts? Kid pulls?

Will some be nice and others be like the kids from children of the corn?

So many questions...</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=blue>No, there wouldn't be rare kids - although that sounds fun to me! Basically, just like hiring the Maid/Gardner/Repair Man, you would have a Pie Menu option on the phone to "Adopt Child." This would cost quite a bit (according to TC 3's Economy). I even thought up a little ditty about how "The poor children of the dearly departed Factory Workers, need good homes!"

Instead of trading children back and forth, there would be a Pie Menu on the child that would say, "Send to Military School" which would permanently "delete" your child. This would also cost money.

"Children of the Corn" is one of my favorite scary movies.</font color=blue>

To TKSpeedy1:

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=red>I like the idea of NPC children...start them out as babies, of course. I think it would be a good feature for those of us who are married or in a committed sim relationship in the game. I even posted the suggestion on the boards here months ago.</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=blue>I read your comment here on Stratics that was in the month of April this year. I've also read the ideas about children on the Wiki. These are linked for you incase you want to throw in your own ideas.

Personally, I don't see babies/toddlers/children being introduced in the Online Version of... EA Land... anytime soon, but that's just my opinion.

Kick the tires and light the fires of creative thoughts.
</font color=blue>

If I missed anyone, sorry. I'm not that great of a Boardie.

G

Crazy girl, if your brother is anything like you he is crazy. *giggles*
Seriously

Post your ideas.

if you enjoy the game and like playing it, it would never be a waste of time to contribute what you think would make it better.

And who knows, maybe we will one day have slav...er Children

Bless their little hearts.

N

narasan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm...it would be interesting to choose to make a 'teen' sim as opposed to an adult sim though.

Hmm....maybe later down the road the devs could think about that again.

I think having that 'option' at the create-a-sim page to make your sim a teen, could be part of the 'parental' controls system for the game. The sim of course would remain a teen for ever and would not be able to grow up or it would need to be addressed somehow.

"Teen" sims could be limited on certain objects they can use like the love tub/bed. Also would not be allowed onto lots considered 'adult' rated such as 'love' lots. And other players would have no excuse for not realizing the player they are hitting on may be under age.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not want child sims in the game but I like your idea Dutch. What if in EA-Land anyone who is registered as 18 and under could only be allowed to make teen sims. Expand on your idea. No more children or teens pretending to be adults. Teen sims could not see more mature CC if we have a rating system. Lot controls could be checked to choose adults, teens or both.

The Devs could make it that anyone who is underage now (as per registration information) when entering EA-Land would have to go to a teen create-a-sim page. They would change their sim looks and status to teen but of course would retain all their earned skills, account age etc. When a registered teen turns 18 they would then be allowed to go to an adult create-a-sim page (if they wish) to change into an adult sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that would be awesome if they could make it like that. I am soooo tired of finding out some of them are kids in rl then having to watch my lots chat and hoping that the kids parents put on the filters. Yet the kids end up turning them off. They are not stupit, they just try to make us think they are. The lang I see coming from some of these are kids will put Sailors to shame, (retire navy wife and daughter) And even put me to shame when I get pissed lmao.

I see nothing wrong with kids playing, as some of them are better then some adutls I have seen in game. But it would be great to know who is really a kid and who isnt. Great idea hope the Devs take it to heart and see what they can do.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

So if the kids are like the NPC pets, when we're done "playing" (and that sounded really bad) with the kids, do we like them up in a cage before we leave the lot?

Will there be rare kids?

So many questions...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why we'd trap them on the elevator of course!!

G

NPC's can't swim...we could trap them on an island in the pool.........

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

So if the kids are like the NPC pets, when we're done "playing" (and that sounded really bad) with the kids, do we like them up in a cage before we leave the lot?

Will there be rare kids?

So many questions...

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, I want to do kid pulls just so I can delete the lil rugrats.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

when i say "rare kids" i mean ones that behave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh now I know for sure this is nothing like rl at all. Behave? HAAAAA

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

I am quite the angel, y'know. I am the good child. And so would my Sim child. Which brings up the question, what about parents? Who is going to be the father of my kid? Any volunteers
lol

G

I could give you a list cookie, but you'd hate me....

Rare kids pit! thats so true

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am quite the angel, y'know. I am the good child. And so would my Sim child. Which brings up the question, what about parents? Who is going to be the father of my kid? Any volunteers
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be a terrible father.

G

The kids would work in sweat shops doing jams/typing... for pennies/day.
Pit being a dad.... ILY
Cookie... I know who could be the father.. but like Jackiee.. I will not list them HERE.