• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs/producers.......really?

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pull your head from that dark smelly backside of yours and think about this...

8/13/10 letter from a producer that apparently has no intention of doing anything to stop the blatant cheating.

"Quickly: I spent a Sunday going through the 3rd party program detection report. I have identified more than a few accounts, and these will be handed off to CS to take action. The first step is a warning, the next I think we will have a little fun with.

It’s important that we do not do “mass bannings” for offenders. One, it’s not just, and also it’s more fun to make a public display of cheaters … at times."

See what happens when you don't enforce your own rules about cheating? 80% of the population finds it as the common starting point. I remember waaaay back when getting a 24hr ban for working spirit speak by putting a heavy object on a key overnight. Now its OK to run a speed enhancement and blip all over the screen attacking people, no warning or any type of action.
I don't understand how a company (whoever the hell runs UO now) cant just put in a deadline to stop cheating. Apply a reprieve date, lets say two weeks from whatever date they announce, anything can be ran for those two weeks. Anything that the player chooses to run after that date is on his own.

After even the mention of the producers note on uoherald.com a guild mate that has played for 12 years legit said that if that is true, that nothing will be done, he might as well just deactivate his accounts and quit. You (the dev/producers team) is taking away any light that was even there in this tunnel.

In closing, pull your heads out from that dark smelly place on your backside.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pointless Dueling System+T-Map Improvements > Game Balancing

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Pull your head from that dark smelly backside of yours and think about this...

8/13/10 letter from a producer that apparently has no intention of doing anything to stop the blatant cheating.

"Quickly: I spent a Sunday going through the 3rd party program detection report. I have identified more than a few accounts, and these will be handed off to CS to take action. The first step is a warning, the next I think we will have a little fun with.

It’s important that we do not do “mass bannings” for offenders. One, it’s not just, and also it’s more fun to make a public display of cheaters … at times."

See what happens when you don't enforce your own rules about cheating? 80% of the population finds it as the common starting point. I remember waaaay back when getting a 24hr ban for working spirit speak by putting a heavy object on a key overnight. Now its OK to run a speed enhancement and blip all over the screen attacking people, no warning or any type of action.
I don't understand how a company (whoever the hell runs UO now) cant just put in a deadline to stop cheating. Apply a reprieve date, lets say two weeks from whatever date they announce, anything can be ran for those two weeks. Anything that the player chooses to run after that date is on his own.

After even the mention of the producers note on uoherald.com a guild mate that has played for 12 years legit said that if that is true, that nothing will be done, he might as well just deactivate his accounts and quit. You (the dev/producers team) is taking away any light that was even there in this tunnel.

In closing, pull your heads out from that dark smelly place on your backside.

Look back a few pages my friend, your a little late on the news and there is a thread with nearly 10 pages of comments, im sure you can find some of the arguments discussed in full deatil. ;)