• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev's: Please let us know if we get another chance for a +5 Stat Scroll

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So all this rumors end, and people might not get "scammed" buying them for 50-100 Mil
were i DONT SAY people selling them are scammers NONONO!

I just want clarification - i think its nothing big to say "No worries, you can get them later, too"

Thank you
Best Regards

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So all this rumors end, and people might not get "scammed" buying them for 50-100 Mil

I just want clarification - i think its nothing big to say "No worries, you can get them later, too"

Thank you
Best Regards
I think they may get Sunday off. I know, I know they should work 24/7 but i hear they are allowed one day a week off

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
apparently there was an event last nite. everyone who attended got a +5 stat scroll that stacks on top of the 25 harrower scroll. they are beingn offered on vendors for 100mln this morning.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I think they may get Sunday off. I know, I know they should work 24/7 but i hear they are allowed one day a week off
I am in no hurry - they deserve to have SAT+SUN off imo...no problem here...just want to make sure we can get ANY answer on this the next days...so keep this post up ;)

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i seen a few in luna sell for 65 and 70 mil
problem is they were allready used had the perons name on em and i guess the buyers didnt know or notice

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
i seen a few in luna sell for 65 and 70 mil
problem is they were allready used had the perons name on em and i guess the buyers didnt know or notice
:lol:

Caveat emptor! What's that old sayin'? Somethin' bout a fool and money?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another reason these items NEED to be Character / Account bound. If somone used it and then sold it for ANY amount they are a scammer and should be dealt with. Will be easy to find. If you bought one with a name on it well then you should be able to page and get your money back as you were scammed!!!

If you used one and sold it well, karma, I hope it gets you like those pathetic kids in NY hiding for their lives after they harrassed and grandmother.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Another reason these items NEED to be Character / Account bound. If somone used it and then sold it for ANY amount they are a scammer and should be dealt with

Ummmm....

Scammer? No. Unethical? Possibly, maybe I reckon. Kinda hard to scam someone when it's clearly visible on the scroll who ate the thing. As I said above .. Caveat emptor man. That holds true ALL the time. That's about like people paying TONS of gold for "an old ring", if folks would do a little research before buying things they probably would not get taken so much.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulbound items suck and are contrary to the spirit of the game. We have enough WoW in UO already. =P

It is unfortunate that some people may have been scammed in this instance but who spends that kind of money so quickly without checking what they are buying? The need for instant gratification or perhaps the perceived opportunity to make more gold later might be motivations here. Not saying they deserved it (no one deserves to be scammed) but people who do buying and selling on that level surely know better, right?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
. Not saying they deserved it (no one deserves to be scammed) but people who do buying and selling on that level surely know better, right?

Heck, I'll say it. If they are stupid enough to not read all the information visible on what they are buying, then they deserve to have their gold taken. At times when I have fallen into that category that applied to me too. Now if the Dev's did not have the forethought to put the name of the char who ate the scroll on it, that would be a different story.

S

Sevin0oo0

scammed is if it was advertised for something it doesn't do. dropping it on a vendor, price only, is not. I'd venture to say if someone can afford to drop 70-100 mil on a whim like that, chances are, they already know what it does, or want it for another reason - could be for pure deco. A status pix would be nice showing the 260 cap.