• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

DEVs please help: Hit chance increase and defense chance increase

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, currently I have a problem fighting 1 v 10.

I am using an archer last night and I am unable to land almost every single shots on an archer with about 30 dci.

I myself is 45 hci and have some hld (since it applied on the enemy once in awhile as well)

so means the enemy should be bout 5 dci after the reduction.

Anyways, I would like to know how many exact for the moving shots penalty for hci?

For example penalty is 10 hci

Say, if I have 60 hci, will the penalty still gives me 50 hci, or it will still act as 35 hci?

Also, it seems my dismount move miss about 90% of the time vs a 30 dci archer. Whilst opponent archers seems to have a 90% of dismounting me.

So I would like to know if there is any magic numbers in HCI and DCI so that you could avoid missing so often?

Say if you exceed 45 hci and at 46 hci (it will act as 1 HCI???)

Please advise.

Or perhaps I am just an unlucky person of all time so i deserved to miss more than hit even with maxed HCI and DCI and skills??

S

Splup

I am using an archer last night and I am unable to land almost every single shots on an archer with about 30 dci.

I myself is 45 hci and have some hld (since it applied on the enemy once in awhile as well)

Anyways, I would like to know how many exact for the moving shots penalty for hci?

Say, if I have 60 hci, will the penalty still gives me 50 hci, or it will still act as 35 hci?

Also, it seems my dismount move miss about 90% of the time vs a 30 dci archer. Whilst opponent archers seems to have a 90% of dismounting me.

So I would like to know if there is any magic numbers in HCI and DCI so that you could avoid missing so often?

Please advise.

Or perhaps I am just an unlucky person of all time so i deserved to miss more than hit even with maxed HCI and DCI and skills??
FORMULA: Hit Chance% = ( ( [Attacker's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Attacker's Hit Chance Increase] ) divided by
( [Defender's Combat Ability + 20] * [100% + Defender's Defense Chance Increase] * 2 ) ) * 100

So if you have 45 HCI, and the other dude has 30 DCI, you hit chance is 55 %

When due to HLD his DCI goes to 5 %, your hit chance is 69 %

You can find a calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the formula but the point is not about the formula itself.

It seems my miss rate is 90%

and enemies hit rate is 90%

Also, how many hci is decreased with moving shot?

if i have 60 hci, will i still be over 45 or will i still take the penalty of 35 or lower?

Thanks.

S

Splup

I quess you have 120 archery?

Why they may seem to hit you more often, could be that if they are using faster weapon and having more HLD. With fast weapon you keep enemy under HLD almost all the time (or by having really high HLD), but with slower weapons enemy gets out of HLD often.

Reason why Melee seems to hit so often, is that they usually swing 1,25sek and have HLD on that.

Having 46 HCI works like you had 45 HCI. Having over 45 HCI helps if you'r hit by hit lower attack.

No idea about how much moving shot effects your hci.

D

Der Rock

Please advise.

yes, this is another "it feels wrong" issue
long time ago i lost a duell against an mage, LOL i can say
my Legendary archer hit NOT once against this mage
i think there are more code-failures in the game as we think
or stupid game-mechanics :(