• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs please cleanup Nujelm

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always thought Nujelm was one of the prettiest towns in the lands (even tho it is it's own kingdom). The palace gardens have bee a favorite spot since I started. Since the plant fever seems to have calmed down, etc etc, can we please have the gardeners toolboxes removed? Both of them?

Here's hoping...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are those still useful? With the seed boxes and all? If we just have to have it, at least stick it in the back corner of the bank or somewherre out of the way

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will never understand why someone hasn't been assigned to cleaning stuff up....I mean come on....now they even have a miniature army of unpaid Advisors who work for FREE, plus the EM's and GM's. Couldn't someone, anyone, just pick one Advisor/GM/EM and tell them to clean up all the broken exploit junk stuck around the shards? They could even pay them a little, it would be worth it, give the person $50 or something to spend a day cleaning up all the broken ugly things all over the game. If they don't want to pay them, then just give their Advisor/GM/EM character a cool title, like "The Lord/Lady of Clean Up Britannia". Spending one day to clean up 17 years worth of broken and stuck stuff seems like it would be very worth it, at the very least it would show the players that someone, anyone, cares about the game enough to want to clean it.

:please:

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I often have volunteered to do things like that. I would LOVE to be in charge of cleaning up my shard. I wish they would let us Governors do that sort of thing. Wouldn't that be nice? A keep Sosaria Beautiful campaign! We as Governors could head a clean up where we go through our area's and find all that stuff... I'd be willing to go around GL's and make of list of coordinates to that crap and send it to someone to get the job done if that's all it takes. I've always hated that. You could ask IDOC'ers to do it too..... they go all over the lands looking at IDOC's they could make a note of all the crap they find all over.

With the EC I can see the coordinates of everything right on my screen. It's not that hard. I just wish there were something I could do about it. I don't know how many busts, paintings, smith hammers, carpet pieces, vendors, etc... are laying about all over but it's a heck of a lot. I used to page a GM and say could you please remove X item from coordinates xyz it's and exploit item and needs to be removed... it's blocking house placement. And sometimes they would do it. But that was also when boats kept sinking and leaving the pillar for the pirates and all their cannons all over the shores.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I often have volunteered to do things like that. I would LOVE to be in charge of cleaning up my shard. I wish they would let us Governors do that sort of thing. Wouldn't that be nice? A keep Sosaria Beautiful campaign! We as Governors could head a clean up where we go through our area's and find all that stuff... I'd be willing to go around GL's and make of list of coordinates to that crap and send it to someone to get the job done if that's all it takes. I've always hated that. You could ask IDOC'ers to do it too..... they go all over the lands looking at IDOC's they could make a note of all the crap they find all over.

With the EC I can see the coordinates of everything right on my screen. It's not that hard. I just wish there were something I could do about it. I don't know how many busts, paintings, smith hammers, carpet pieces, vendors, etc... are laying about all over but it's a heck of a lot. I used to page a GM and say could you please remove X item from coordinates xyz it's and exploit item and needs to be removed... it's blocking house placement. And sometimes they would do it. But that was also when boats kept sinking and leaving the pillar for the pirates and all their cannons all over the shores.
The thing that has always seemed to prevent this type of thing, is a lack of caring on EA's part. Atlantic Luna is the perfect example, there are over 10 stuck things in Atlantic in town Luna, for years, mostly lanterns and statues. How much more obvious does it get? They are literally RIGHT there at the #1 most popular place in the entire game, and everyone see's them daily, yet no one has ever even attempted to remove them.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally I like the statues, lanterns, etc. To me it's a little piece of what makes each shard unique. When I run through the woods to find a treasure map or hunt idocs (well, before they ruined idocs) it's a reminder that we play in a persistent world that's 17 years old, that many footsteps have passed that way before me. :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have compiled a list of most of the Atlantic Luna stuff that is stuck, there might be a couple more I forgot about, but you can get the picture. This is Atlantic Luna, there is even one literally right next to the moongate.

Lantern2.png

Lantern3.png

Statues2.png

Thingies.png

Statues1.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I like the statues, lanterns, etc. To me it's a little piece of what makes each shard unique. When I run through the woods to find a treasure map or hunt idocs (well, before they ruined idocs) it's a reminder that we play in a persistent world that's 17 years old, that many footsteps have passed that way before me. :)
I understand and respect that, but they can be used to grief as well. Once someone purposely stuck 2 stretched hides that could not be walked through right in front of the 2 spots where people walk into my house, the only 2 spots. Can you imagine how frustrating it is to literally not be able to walk into your own house for WEEKS while you wait for a GM to come remove them? if they ever even show up. Thankfully a GM did show up after I paged and removed them, but the same thing has happened to others, sometimes causing them to have to abandon their house entirely and place a new one.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think we should take over Nujelm and make it a penal colony.
they have lived high on the hog being 'an independent kingdom' within our realm for far to long says i!

hell, we leveled Magincia and made it into a mall and parking lot, what say we take over another island and we can use it as our prison, that way those nice lads up in Yew can have their island back.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing that has always seemed to prevent this type of thing, is a lack of caring on EA's part. Atlantic Luna is the perfect example, there are over 10 stuck things in Atlantic in town Luna, for years, mostly lanterns and statues. How much more obvious does it get? They are literally RIGHT there at the #1 most popular place in the entire game, and everyone see's them daily, yet no one has ever even attempted to remove them.
Why would those lanterns be removed? Someone obviously placed them there for decorations.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think we should take over Nujelm and make it a penal colony.
they have lived high on the hog being 'an independent kingdom' within our realm for far to long says i!

hell, we leveled Magincia and made it into a mall and parking lot, what say we take over another island and we can use it as our prison, that way those nice lads up in Yew can have their island back.
Prison already built :) And even a courtroom and guillotine for the real bad boys!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why would those lanterns be removed? Someone obviously placed them there for decorations.
Both those houses have been sold a few times since the lanterns showed up, not sure if the current owners like them anymore or not, I don't personally have an issue with the lanterns since they do look like decorations, but then again, I watched a GM remove about 45 of them (literally) from in town luna about 3 years ago since someone covered the place with them, and seems like they should be consistent on whether they remove them or not. If I remember right those lanterns were placed because the house went IDOC and someone wanted an advantage on placing the plot by having lanterns map it for them.

The luna stuff was just an example, as I'm sure you know there are literally hundreds of random objects stuck all over Atlantic and other shards, most not for deco like the lanterns, and a lot blocking house placement.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it is just an item here and there, I think it adds character and uniqueness to the shard. Yes, these items were obtained by a bug a long time ago. But there is no reason to remove that bust from the moongate other than just because. Maybe some players have made a story about it. It is not hurting anything by being there.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree with JC. If it's not in a place that blocks house placement or in an area where it's not doing any harm, it should be allowed to stay.

For awhile we had a squirrel hanging around Magincia Moongate...when the area was destroyed it killed the poor squirrel :( But Mesanna put a statue up commemorating our poor squirrel....which has since disappeared....but now we have...

http://i57.***********/apcjzt.png

in it's place....I think the captain of this ship tried to save the squirrel statue as it was falling into the ocean but hit the shore line and sank...thankfully the pilot of the ship survived and lived to tell the tale *Smiles*

He's been there for quite some time but he's not hurting anyone and he does love to tell that story to anyone who will listen.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Now on the other hand.....even though this doesn't block placement or effect anyone in any way...I'd think that it might help to clean all this stuff up just because...

This is also from the Magincia destruction.

http://i58.***********/vh3vwn.png

And since I still do the lost items quest to gain in Honesty it's the only reason I noticed it in the first place because it's all underground and you can't see it unless you use control/Shift. You can see a few pieces without it but most of it is hidden, but I would think stuff like this would make the servers a bit laggier, that's a lot of junk on the ground!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh man, if only we could have a great event like that again! Draconi, you were the greatest!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Some items serve a purpose and were put in by the game designers or some official entity. Okay that's pretty much fine I suppose. They probably have true shard historical value if we appreciate them or not. But I've seen some horrid stuff put in by, I assume, EM's or whatever who need to go back and clean up after themselves. As far as statues etc that litter the landscape... this isn't art, it's graffiti. They're an eternal tribute to exploiters. A shrine to people who abuse the game mechanics. And 99 times outta a hundred the item, in the place it is, doesn't make any sense and it's just stupid from every angle. These things accumulate over time till they are just eye sores. You can create your "art" inside your 18x18 area and do anything you wish, but there's no reason to subject the rest of us to your nonsense. To be running through the jungle to see a water trough or painting floating in the air just bugs me to no end. The statues that litter the banks, etc are exactly the same kind of thing. That would be an awesome project for someone who's killing time waiting on the holidays to get here :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres a lot of things out there that test placement of a small marble will fix. In fact one day there was an ankh hanging there , i test placed, and got two deeds LOL. But the hides that dont highlite, and portraits that dont highlite, yeah, I havent found a way to demo them yet.

The old statue in a box thing, where when you axed the box the statue was stuck where it was sitting...sorry about all those :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes some items are meant to be there put there by old Seers or EM's... The ones we had before and these items should remain. They are a part of UO history. I don't mind the lanterns all over either infact there are two in Newcastle Township the RP town I live in... I like them there. Some of the stuff doesn't block placement and that should stay as well.... Hence why I always volunteered to do the clean up rather than have some green GM come and walk thru the lands destroying things that should be there.... That's why I keep suggesting that folk from the town do it. Governors... people who "know" what should and shouldn't be there on a shard. Not some GM who doesn't care about the history of a shard.

This is where things go bad. You lost a squirrel we almost lost a whole museum on Magincia. FILLED to the brim with old Seer items. Now that Museum is on Nu'Jelm out of the "Kingdom" which is pretty sad... and it's caretaker has quit UO. Those items and that history would have been lost and forgotten had she not worked so hard to get them preserved. Much of that stuff gets forgotten. The history of some shards is lost. GL's is lucky to have several who still remember things like seer placed stuff...

But I agree the amount of crap still all over Magincia makes me sad. I control shift and there are dozens of things all over the place. Going out looking for the Honesty items I see so much crap all over it's just frustrating. But there seems nothing anyone can do about it all.

I've mentioned before that I would love to have a DEV for a day ..... to show them all the things that need fixed..... to show them the 100's of things that are wrong in the world... I'd still like that chance.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah your museum is like our squirrel...Origin is still fairly new compared to the other shards and we didn't have seer's or companions or any of that....what very very little history Origin has I'd like to keep. The squirrel was a part of that very meager history that is Origin and when the devs came to Origin for the Meet and Greet I asked Bonnie if she could put the statue back and she said no...Mag was destroyed, the statue along with it...sorry.

Maybe she could have made a story about the broken, battered squirrel statue that was miraculously pulled from the water and put it back maybe in pieces so at least Origin could still retain what little history it has...but the Dark Lady has spoken lol. And that's fine, which is why I made up the little story about the ship pilot...it's my own story but I like it :)

But I'm sure there are many static items on the other shards that were placed/left there by people long gone that want to be remembered and the people who actually play those shards and know what is junk and what is not should be allowed to at least make a book..or books as the case may be, of coordinates of all the items that don't belong and turn them in or something.

I know the devs are hard at work on other things but maybe just remove a few things a day...add it to their to-do list...remove 3 things that don't belong..every day..it wouldn't take long.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait...

Are you saying our devs can't put a statue down?!?!

Or is it that they just dont want to?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to apologize, I was mistaken...yes it does happen lol. I blame old age *grins* but the Squirrel Statue that I speak of was not in Magincia...I always passed by the ship pilot and figured he had just taken it's place. Sorry for the mistake, and forgive me Bonnie!

Chipper is actually in Skara Brae....now I have to figure out a new story for that silly ship pilot *grumbles*

BUT I also asked that some player-written books be revised because according to the History of Origin book and posts here on Stratics, the one and only big event we had the notes are incorrect.

This is an excerpt from that:

Unfortunately I was many worlds away when the final battle took place. But tales have it that it lasted for hours and over 100 Originals gathered to defeat Drax and his army. The citizens of Origin, with a little help from our EM, built a fortress at the south gate and staged an attack on Drax and his minions. Eventually they defeated Drax 'veltos and he was banished from Origin for ever. There is little left on Origin to document these battles, no rewards or metals were even given to the brave soldiers who fought so tirelessly that long night. Sareck Baltos, the captain of the guard (our EM) soon after found himself unable to return to this world and the celebrations intended to mark the event were never held, (see the history of the fairgrounds for more information). I for one, will never forget the countless body that littered the area around Luna on any given night that I did make it to Origin. This volume is dedicated to those fought to free Luna.

It states that no rewards or metals (spelled wrong) were given...when in actuality 5 people each night for the duration of the event were chosen to receive the Knight of the Luna Guard Surcoat, of which I received one of. There is no mention of this item anywhere in Origins history and there is not one on display at the Reward Hall..which I also asked Bonnie to fix.

As you can see from this post
http://community.stratics.com/threads/knight-of-the-luna-guard-surcoat.94543/

And

http://ultimaonlinerares.com/items/rares/event-items/912/knight-of-the-luna-guard

It DID exist but there's no record of it anywhere on Origin.

I think a shards history is very important..and since prior to Season 6, Origin didn't exist, what little history we have should be retained.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well at least a few things survived... our poor Sparky now has lost his cavern home on GL's and is forced into the woods of Moonglow out in the elements away from his precious mine and stone... Cast out like some poor unfortunate.... and we lost our passage from the moongate to Britain... all we got was an empty promise.